Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Magic Treats

Jimmy,
The fact you know what the primary issues are and are working on them is the important thing. Identifying the issues is a constant theme in dreams as long as they remain unresolved. Even when you know what they are and are working on them. Only after closure do they diminish but they never go away completely {I believe this the dreams'/nature's way to remind us of the power the emotional energies possesses and use those experiences as tools of experience}. I took me a good 10/12 years to really understand exactly what the issues were and how they affected my conscious self. It is a long process and although along the way you gain valuable insights {about yourself as well as the world view} it is only after you have traveled the hero path and reached a certain level do you reach the point of 'ah! ha!, that's it!. {a person may be able to determine the level of where they are on their journey from Campbell's Monomyth although one must realize there are levels within the levels of the journey that 'reflect' the dreamer's particular personality and path}. The key word is discipline to stay with it and understand there will be times when it seems progressed is at a standstill. Most people lack the discipline, most people never realize they are on a journey {psychological}.

To the method of interpreting the images/actions. That is very involved, beyond just interpreting the images/actions. Each must fit within a pattern and a word's meaning may go beyond what is thought it means. This is what it means to go to the origins of the word and determine what that is. Often a synonym works better than the word used. But even with that it would have associations to its origins. It would be impossible to completely explain how I get to some of my conclusions because many of them involve intuitive understanding. Not that you can not understand but there must be a developed intuitive sense to do so {which takes years of work in a related metaphysical field-my experience has been with dreams, some use active imagination, some through art, etc.}. My advice is to look at your life and see where the images/actions will fit using your interpretation of the images/actions. A word or even an interpretation I use may not be the only one that fits. Just as with the concept all dreams have at least two meanings/applications all images/actions do also. Depending on the dreamer's life and particular attitudes the interpretation of images/actions will follow a certain path which may/will be different from another person. This is why it is said never put a fixed definition to any image {although i have come to the conclusion some images are more or less fixed- a house or car for instance are universal images to denote the dreamer or an aspect of the dreamer}. In short it requires a lot of work and time to get to the 'origins' of the dreamer's emotional self as well as understanding the nuances of how dreams function. I will say I look to the 'natural' possibilities since in my personal philosophy everything that is has its origins in the natural world. This is why science is always the final source of truth.

As to the images you pointed to. Companions would normally involve two people and anytime there is the number two {even when not stated} then I think of opposites and conflict. Your dream specifically two companions. This could on one level allude to a conflict but also i look at it as addressing tow things, two levels of experiences. But the word itself may have a finite meaning within the dream. Is it used as a noun or a verb? The definition of companion as a noun is:
a} a person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time or with whom one travels
b} one of a pair of things intended to complement or match each other

Two things are traveling together, two aspects of the dreamer reflecting two levels, two experiences, etc. Spending a lot of time would suggest, in this application, could point to an influencing energy because it came from the dreamer's 'origins', those early experiences/influences in life. Now I don't always look at words and deem every word that describes its meaning in a conscious way, I intuitive have a sense it is there. The travel part could apply to the journey in life {remember all things are interconnected and although the word companion was not developed to fit the dreamer'
s emotional life, the word possesses words that have meaning to all dreamers. We are all on a journey with one an outer journey and another a 'companion' inner journey, they compliment each other}.
As I said, it is complicated when first read but when you look at things as being interconnected it becomes less so.

The competition would be between the inner and the outer. A 'fixed' rule I go with is the outer ego doesn't want to know its true self, the inner self. This is a conflict to begin with and we all begin with it. The ego has a bias toward pleasing itself, the body and the mental material self. The inner self is void of bias and is all about the true self. The ego goes about life abiding by unconscious energies it may be aware of but doesn't want to acknowledge because it would interfere with the 'pleasures' in life. The inner self knows these pleasures are often destructive and attempts to convey this message through our dreams {as well as in art, music, the muse}.

The kid you were still exists {inner child}. What was missing or lacking is seeking what that was. The ego uses this as an excuse to substitute was lacking/missing with ad habits/ additions. Over eating. drugs, failed relationships {GUILTY!}, etc. And it doesn't have to be profound. A good childhood is seldom as good as it seemed and the missing parts become missing pieces of the puzzle that dreams attempt to reveal. The childhood has a companion in the inner childhood and the emotional conflicts developed from childhood are still a part of the dreamer's psyche. Dreams reveal {in its symbolic/metaphorical language} what those issues are. The problem becomes interpreting the images and actions.

The ziploc bag itself describes its intended meaning/application. The ego has zip locked the true self away from conscious understanding. The attitudes developed in childhood are unconscious motivators and because they are used in the waking life as ego pleasures to substitute for what was lacking/missing the emotional baggage {bag} weights on the dreamer as a conflict. In the same sentence you see the term 'aborigine boy' which is a direct reference to the original boy, you as a child. The Japanese man is something 'foreign' to the conscious self {may have personal associations as well} and the ego rejects wanting to know about the original attitudes {which cause the conscious life to 'get messy'}. Again there are patterns and I look for all the pieces and the place they belong to complete the pattern.

Creative attitudes can allude to the original self that seeks wholeness through the creative self as well as the ego 'creating' ways to prevent the true self being revealed {the true reasons that underlie the ego self} is the spiritual aspect. I sometimes differentiate spirituality from religion because spirituality is an inherent aspect whereas religion is an ego created aspect {to control through power}. Usually it is the creative aspect of the true self the dream is directly focusing. The creative aspect is a part of the spiritual because when you create you do so from the soul, revealing the true self. The experiences of the individual are presented in the form of art or music, some form of the muse. The person is speaking from the soul, revealing pain, delight, love so the other {persons} can learn from what was presented. This is a spiritual act in the person is giving of oneself {from the soul}. Or it can be a physical endeavor where a person gives to the other. I think of my analyzing dreams here at the Dream Form as a spiritual act because my intent is to help the dreamer understand the dream and thus their true self. It can also be a 'sacrificing of oneself' for the other or a just cause. My giving resources and time to care for my felines is a sacrifice of money that could go to my personal wealth and my time which I could use to do personal things. My websites are an expression of my true self {my Myths-Dreams-Symbols was an expression of my 'developing' true self before I found resolution to my inner conflicts and began living my 'true self' consciously}.

Small safe areas is what we create in our conscious lives so to feel safe ego wise. This is done to cover up insecurities. When you start slipping and falling in your waking life you revert to these developed safe conscious attitudes. The substitutes/additions I spoke of earlier. We have the inner insecurities and substitute them with something else {negative} consciously. It doesn't have to be food or drugs but a particular attitude instead. Looking at the world in a particular way that causes behavior problems as an example.
More can be said about this but my time has run out. I hope I have clarified some of my positions to answer your questions. If not feel free to ask more.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry!

Thank you yet again for such a detailed response. I apologise for my tardy response I've taken a few days off dreamwork approaching my Self from another direction. I guess it has been in keeping with the lessons of this dream. Thank you for the helpful feedback and information. I think I understand what you mean by most of the symbols except again the ziploc bag I still don't fully get it. I mean you say the food in the bag is undeveloped attitudes sealed away by my ego. Yet in the dream I remove these sealed away undeveloped attitudes and whilst my ego graciously accepted them and rejoices my true self the Japanese man declines these treats. But are these treats not his? Are they not his undeveloped attitudes previously sealed away by the ego?
As for the rest I really do appreciate it. Thanks again for having the patience to take me further through your methodology i do appreciate your taking the time to educate me in this very important field of action.

Thank you,
Jimmy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 now in canada (previously travelling Australia) but from Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Through another website I think

Jimmy,
The dream language is, "These ones are more like uncooked meatballs in a ziploc bag than the more falafel/cooked meatballs of earlier the aborigine boy who is now a clean Japanese man turns it down but the other guy who had been reluctant to get messy accepts graciously." The uncooked meatballs are those attitudes that need to be changed into positive ones {uncooked-yet to be developed}. The ziplock bag represents the unconscious energies {unknown-locked away} that motivate the conscious attitudes. The bias ego {biased in it desires the pleasures of the body and is against the true self which seeks to provide proper personal growth} readily accepts these unconscious attitudes because they were {along with the ego bias} developed during early life {aborigine/original boy} where the foundations for personality and personal attitudes are formed. As an adult the intent of the true self {Japanese man} would/should not have these attitudes but because of the unconscious energies developed in early life the ego {other guy} naturally {and enthusiastically} turns them down {accepts graciously}. This causes a 'messy' situation psychologically.

Two points I wish to make. One, along with interpreting the individual images, that interpretation must be a part of the action within the confines of how it is presented {this is why I state I interpret the actions as well as the images}. Interpreting the images alone may not do justice to its true and full meaning/application. There has to be a continuous flow of the dream actions that fit together, not only in the confines of the action {the sentence/statement in which they are presented} but also in the dream as whole. From this a pattern forms and should continue to develop throughout the whole dream.

Then there is the intuitive aspect. As I have stated previously there is an intuitive aspect involved, where the natural energies we are provided recognizes 'subconsciously recognizes something that is not completely consciously available {subconscious being an intermediate between unconscious and conscious}. The intuitive mind is able to pick up on the flow of the dream actions as well as what the images might represent {beyond what a good Jungian based dream dictionary may provide}. My talent is greatly enhanced by my developed intuitive abilities. The development of abilities was partially {if not greatly} generated from my experiences in dealing with people on all levels. I was a health codes inspector for 12 years where my responsibilities were in enforcing the codes and personal contact with the public {including representing myself/Health Department in civil court to defend/prosecute my actions toward those who did not comply with the health codes}. I also was married three times and had several other personal relationships where you learn all about the 'emotional' affairs and 'amour'.

Then there is a second point that is important in understanding my analysis of dreams. When I analyze an 'original' dream the only thing I know about the dreamer is their age and gender. I may know more about the person in following posted dreams from the same dreamer but that is limited {as in your case}. But even with an original dream, using the method I do use, I can provide a proper {correct} analysis of the dream {the outline structure that will illuminate the personal experiences so the dreamer can recognize them}. Often to the point it goes to the heart of teh dreamer's personality and strongest emotional energies. A good example of this is a dream I analyzed on Nov 18 stuck in the ice. Not only were there images/actions that pointed to strong projection aspects but also to a defined underlying energy that caused the dreamer to actions that were motivated by the projection aspects {read the dream to get the whole story}.

Image what could be ascertained by knowing everything possible about the dreamer's life, literal and emotional. This is why I want to promote my conviction that all dreams can be properly/successfully analyzed/interpreted. But not having to use the strict Jungian concepts used by trained therapists, but rather using my method of using the general concepts and placing more emphasis on understanding what a word/words mean within the overall flow/script of the action and dream. Jung developed an understanding of the deeper aspects of the psyche and that is what psychologists use in analyzing dreams. But I have found {I have been studying and working dreams since 1992} that even a layperson like myself can successfully {and even more so} can do the same. I questioned my abilities for a long time but when I began looking at dreams using the basics of Jungian psyche my abilities in analyzing dreams became so successful I no longer do so. Of course as big a problem as correctly analyzing a dream is being able to put in 'ordinary' words so the dreamer can recognize my interpretation and fit/match it to their life. Sometimes that is more difficult and needs clarification and sometimes the dreamer fails to do so {seldom is this case}. Persons like yourself who are actively working with their dreams and have a developed sense of self discovery will ask in-depth questions {which let's me explain my concepts as well as explain in greater detail aspects about your dreams}. I wish more people were involved in understanding their dreams and this is something I try to promote to the general public {along with getting the word out that dreams can be successfully analyzed/interpreted}.

Sorry to make this such a long conversation in addressing your questions. But it is not often I engage someone who has an interest as well as an understanding of the process. Sometimes a person will post a dream, get a good interpretation and go about their lives without doing anything more. Then there are the few times my analysis helps and the person takes it to heart and goes further in exploring their true self. This is rewarding for me and illustrates what I believe Jung and Campbell saw as the spiritual aspect within the human psyche. When you give of yourself, share what you have learned from life experiences and deeper knowledge {I do believe there are secrets within the psyche and knowledge that takes a person to a higher leveling of 'knowing'}, you are engaging the natural spiritual aspects of the Self. When you consciously know this and work to 'give' to the other you are abiding by the natural laws of Karma. And that takes us back to the concept that all things are connected as well as reaping the rewards available to those who follow the laws of cause and effect in a spiritual way. There are 'helping hands' of fate awaiting those who follow the hero path. As Joseph Campbell said, “a thousand unseen helping hands” come to our assistance when we have embarked on a course of action that we have a passion for", and are spiritually motivated.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

Thank you very much for these elaborations and for the broader information on the psychological journey and the relationship of the ego and true self. This has been very informative and hopefully shall prove very useful. I thank you again for your patience and dedication in explaining these things to me. I have a new dream I am working on that I require your help with. I look forward to your help with it its quite a potent dream.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 now in canada (previously travelling Australia) but from Ireland

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Through another website I think

stats from 7-14-10 to the present