Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dancing with my crush

I started a new job almost 2 months ago and I think me and my manager we have this incredible chemistry. But long story short, a few days before finding out about this holiday party at work, I dreamt that he asked me to dance with him. Few days after I find out about holiday party and overheard him talk about his dancing moves and actually saw him dance for a few seconds. It's just weird . Now I'm curious of that dream and what it could mean.Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31/female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Internet search

Re: Dancing with my crush

NN,
I'm afraid I can't say what the dream is about because all I have to go on is a few words. Dreams are defined by their images and actions which make up a pattern of emotional behavior on the dreamer's part. Dreaming your manager asked you to dance with him could have many possible meanings. Can you provide the whole dream or at least more to go with the asking you to dance.

When I analyze a dream I interpret the images and actions to determine the patterns. Interpreting the images/actions from what you provided could have these possibilities. There is one good possibility to what you provided. I'll explain and see if it fits.

Something to keep in mind is dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor. Read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams to get an understanding of how dreams function.

he asked me to dance with him

The he could be pointing to the actual person but could also point to masculine aspects also. For it to point to a literal person there would need to be something about the person you identify with, or are attracted to. To be a masculine aspect it would require that you utilize masculine qualities.

Me. The me would be you, no doubt. Your dreams are about you and your emotions and anyone else in the dream would be 'in relationship' to that. The focus is always on you but in this dream what is asked is the primary focus of the actions.

Asking. The 'asking' would likely point to a 'request'. If could point to a 'plea' for something, or a desire for something to occur or happen.

To dance. A common application of this action would be 'dancing with a problem that you should be giving/or are giving attention to'. It could also be addressing constraints and harmony/balance with yourself. Something that would bring about happiness, gracefulness, and possibly sensuality and sexual desires {this is a possible meaning derived from examination of the word/action}.

With him. Again this could point to the same applications of the word he. It could point to both applications {which is a good possibility}. In that light the '
he asked me to dance with him' could be pointing to this.

The he/him would be the actual person but also point to having the strength to reveal or admit your true feelings. One would be about the guy and the other would be about qualities about yourself that need deeper examination. The short wording would point to a masculine aspect that is either lacking or is not be utilized to its fullest potential. Having the strength, power, fortitude {all masculine qualities} in some relationship to the actual person as well as a need to develop these masculine aspects.

You are asking yourself about these possibilities. In relationship the actual person as well as yourself.

There is a request. It very well could point to a desire on your part. That desire would be to dance as in a problem you are currently dealing with related to your manager and within yourself. What problem could that be? Only you would know.

Could be to do with a desire perhaps? A desire that would require strength on your part to have happen {perhaps letting the manager know your true feelings?}. You say you and he have this strong chemistry. After seeing him actually dance these desires may be even stronger {which could apply to a masculine aspect of strength}. Hearing him talk about this would likely have been a co-incidence.

He asked you to dance with him. Along with the strong chemistry and seeing him dance, the pattern could point to developing stronger feelings toward him. That would address the 'literal' application. The inner aspect {of the masculine aspect within you} could be addressing a need for you to develop stronger masculine attitudes, not only toward your manager but also in other aspects of your life.

Summary
As I stated in the beginning there is really too little to go on to provide a proper analysis of the dream. But a good possibility is it does have to do with desires on your part. Another good chance is to do with a dance at the party which could promote the strength of the relationship {again, a masculine quality} as well as help in your confidence in yourself. Perhaps the dream is as much about a lack of self confidence {and a need to develop those qualities} as it is about the desires. Only you can know whether this. Do you have a problem with self confidence? The desire part is something that would be more obvious.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The dream was actually really vague. It was just the fact of him asking me to dance with him. At least that's all I could remember . I also did not mention that I am in a relationship with someone for four years now and I'm really trying to avoid the feelings that are developing with my manager but I feel that the opposite is happening. I am so confused. Also I am very self confident.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

It almost felt like fragments of the dream were missing. I remembered how subtle we started to dance and how it seemed that it was just me and him who existed. There was also the deep eye connection between the both of us.

NN,
If there are no self confident issues then perhaps it has to do with confidence in your current relationship. Again, with so little to go on it is purely guessing what the dream message might be.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes it all makes sense, possibly is a lack of confidence in my relationship. Thank you for all your help in trying to understand this.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? internet search

stats from 7-14-10 to the present