Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tape recorder

Anonymous,
I apologize for not getting to your dream post yesterday. Spent more time celebrating Thanksgiving than I had expected.

My sense of your dream it is dealing with two issues {as all dreams do} with the primary focus on the the more recent experiences and the other on earlier life experiences. The guy you never met could fit both aspects {the later being your father who you may may not have an a proper experience with}. But the last part of the dream turns to a positive whereas the dream up to that point was addressing the negative emotions. Such an ending would be a positive in your life.

The guy you were engaged to but never met created an emotional issue {as did the father issue if it existed as described} that created a void that needed fulfillment {fulfillment that may have begun in childhood}. The dream begins with {and continues to do so just until the ending} and focuses on the pain from the betrayal by the guy you were engaged {if there are issues related to your father transplant that with what I state about the engagement with guy}. Overall the dream is focused on a lack of proper 'masculine' experiences in your life and if not for the change of direction {West to East} would suggest an emotional issue that continues to grow. But because of the changes in the ending my sense is there is a positive result from these experiences. It seems you have begun to realize mistakes and taking action to correct them or learn from them. When the dream stated 'he' {your masculine aspects} was traveling West my take you began a 'journey' toward proper growth which was lacking previously {the betrayal of trust issues}. It seems the dream is pointing to something that has helped you in positive way, at least in your thinking about the bad 'long distance' engagement and perhaps in any earlier emotional issues that may exist from childhood. Going East would suggest you are going in the right direction. What changes/experiences that could cause this only you can know.

Your response would be appreciated, not only to address my analysis but to learn what the changes are the last part of the dream is pointing to.

As if usual with my analysis of a dream I include my interpretation of the images/actions {below}. You may gain further insights from these.

Opening comments related to the dream {unconscious impressions that could be relevant/important to the dream}
-man never met-masculine aspects not realized/experienced/do not possess
-out of state-do-power not possessed
-became engaged-resolving feelings of being alone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream Images/Actions
-man sitting inside the family room-indecision/hesitation of one aspect of whole self
-parent's house-relationship with parents/power issues
-with girlfriend-with true self
-puzzled-confusion
-to find him there-seeking inner masculine aspects
-felt uncomfortable-experiencing painful emotions
-about him talking to parents about me-about merging conflicting aspects
-did not know what was said-not sure of unconscious message/oneself
-did not see parents in dream-unseen influences
-female friend sitting across from them-rejected emotions in opposition of parents
-on couch in family room-mental cleansing of a negative attitude
-went upstairs-mental thoughts
-to get something in my bedroom-obtain/receive private/intimate aspects
-frustrated to find man's coat left behind-difficulty dealing with issues related to past experiences
-frustrated he invaded privacy-dealing with aspects feelings of isolation
-snooping through bedroom-investigating inner issues
-without permission-unconsciously driven/motivated
-discovered he planted a tape recording device-planted memories of past experiences
-bug in bedroom-concealed aspects related to intimacy/inner issues
-overhear me-unconscious aspects
-went downstairs upset-unconscious aspects affecting conscious self
-female friend allowed him into my room without permission-betrayal of trust
-can't remember female friend I knew-unconscious feminine/emotional aspects
-first time me and man met in family room-dialog with self related to masculine aspects
-awkward since he was with girlfriend-difficulty with rejected masculine aspects
-didn't know why he was here-unknown unconscious aspects
-he left house without us saying a word to each other-rejected/rejecting unconscious masculine aspects/experiences
-drove away with girlfriend-lack of masculine aspects creating emotional conflicts
-light blue Beetle car-experiences created a positive direction in life
-at same house gathering/he or I left-lingering masculine aspects you need to get rid of
-made excuse to me-vindication
-he was traveling out west-journeying toward proper growth
-trip like seeing Grand Canyon-realizing unconscious emotions
-why he was at my house-a positive experience
-house in east-going in right direction

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present