Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead goldfish in car

I was driving my car with a small lidded fishtank on the back seat with two goldfish inside. It tipped over and one of the fish fell out, but I caught it and put it back inside where it swam around unharmed. I continued on the journey and cleaned the tank. I then drove to a friends house very carefully to protect the fish. When I arrived the tank had once again tipped and again just one fish had fallen out and was dead on the footwell. Its tail had detatched from its body. The second fish was still unharmed swimming happily in the tank. I went inside my friends home upset about the fish when she shouted at me that I hadn't looked after the fish she had gifted to me. I was upset and confused as I believed I had purchased the fish and had been taking good care of them, I had taken them out to have the tank cleaned,and then left. The fish was still in two separate pieces in the car which is when I awoke.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, female, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Search

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dead goldfish in car

Anonymous FYB,
I am working on your dream and can see a pattern developing. But I have yet to put it all together. Give me until Sunday {I am retired but work all day Saturday} to get my intuitive mind working properly {I use intuitive senses to discern the emotional patterns}. I should have a clearer understanding then to what emotional issues are in play. Until then here are my interpretations of the images and actions thus far to the first part of the dream. I have broken it down into three parts with the dream first and the interpretation of images/actions.

Dream
I was driving my car with a small lidded fishtank on the back seat with two goldfish inside. It tipped over and one of the fish fell out, but I caught it and put it back inside where it swam around unharmed. I continued on the journey and cleaned the tank.

-driving in my car-controlling your path/journey
-small lidded fishtank on back seat-unconscious emotional issues related to ego
-two goldfish inside-issues of duality/conflicting aspects that would bring about wholeness
-it tipped over, one fell out-recent experience/an unconscious aspect exposed
-caught it, put back inside, swam around unharmed-keeping issue inside where it can do no emotional harm
-continued on journey/cleaned tank-continuing your self discovery by removing negative emotional energies/continuing life by consciously ignoring inner issues

Dream
I then drove to a friends house very carefully to protect the fish. When I arrived the tank had once again tipped and again just one fish had fallen out and was dead on the footwell. Its tail had detatched from its body.

-drove to friend's house-exploring positive aspects
-carefully to protect fish-attentive of true self/true feelings
-tank had tipped/fish had fallen out-unconscious aspects coming to consciousness/true self exposed/true emotions exposed
-dead on footwell-discovering hidden negative aspects
-tail detached from body-disconnected conscious identity

It is the last part of the dream I am still working on interpreting the images/actions. The fish are central to the dream and usually they represent your true self/true emotions. There is a detachment of some kind to this true self/feelings. I just need to put it together in a comprehensive form.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dead goldfish in car

Anonymous FYB,
Sorry not to provide final analysis yesterday. My intuitive mind was still not functioning. But this morning I regained those insights. here is my final analysis, the breakdown of images/actions {with dream narrative first} then a summary.

Dead goldfish in car
-resolving negative aspects/emotions as a part of path in life
Note: I have found the dream title often offers valuable insights to the dream message

Dream
I was driving my car with a small lidded fishtank on the back seat with two goldfish inside. It tipped over and one of the fish fell out, but I caught it and put it back inside where it swam around unharmed. I continued on the journey and cleaned the tank.

Images/Actions
-driving in my car-controlling/a need to control your path/journey
-small lidded fishtank on back seat-unconscious emotional issues related to true self
-two goldfish inside-issues of duality/conflicting aspects that would bring about wholeness
-it tipped over, one fell out-recent experience/an unconscious aspect exposed
-caught it, put back inside, swam around unharmed-keeping issues/emotions inside where they can do no emotional harm
-continued on journey/cleaned tank-continuing your self discovery by removing negative emotional energies/continuing life by ignoring inner issues

Dream
I then drove to a friends house very carefully to protect the fish. When I arrived the tank had once again tipped and again just one fish had fallen out and was dead on the footwell. Its tail had detatched from its body. The second fish was still unharmed swimming happily in the tank. I went inside my friends home upset about the fish when she shouted at me that I hadn't looked after the fish she had gifted to me. I was upset and confused as I believed I had purchased the fish and had been taking good care of them, I had taken them out to have the tank cleaned,and then left. The fish was still in two separate pieces in the car which is when I awoke.

Images/Actions
-drove to friend's house-exploring rejected aspects with need to resolve them
-carefully to protect fish-attentive of true self/true feelings/protecting inner emotions
-tank had tipped/fish had fallen out-recent experience where unconscious aspects come to consciousness/true self exposed/true emotions exposed
-dead on footwell-discovering hidden negative aspects and making changes
-tail detached from body-disconnected conscious identity/imbalance
-second fish unharmed/swimming happily in tank-positive exploration of true self
-went inside friend's house upset about fish-seeking to discover and resolve rejected aspects
-she shouted/hadn't looked after fish she gifted-strong emotions related to lack of being true self
-upset and confused-distress about being pulled in opposite directions
-had purchased fish/taken good care of it-accepted true emotions/kept away from consciousness
-taken out/have cleaned/left-confronting and removing negative aspects/suppression
-fish still in two separate pieces in car-duality remains while continuing journey

My sense of the dream it is addressing two issues, one related to a recent experience and the other seeking to resolve emotional issues in general and related to the recent experience. It seems you have recognized some aspect of yourself/life that is pulling you in different directions and have attempted to resolve those issues. But because of life's demands you are able to detach yourself from strong inner emotions but feel you need to resolve the issues to achieve balance and harmony in your life. It could be you are consciously aware of and seeking to resolve these issues. Although you take care to not left negative aspects/emotions rule you there is still remains work to be done to resolve the issues and find peace and tranquility. You may be procrastinating in doing this because of life/social demands.

Note: I do request a response to my analysis. My services are free and a response is the least that can be given. A contribution of any amount to my Kitty Fund would be appreciated but not required.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present