Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
garbled speech in dreams

I dreamt last night of someone I know who was showing me her yard. It looked messy to me, unkempt. In waking life She has recently hired someone to take care of it. She had been the one who, against advice, hired this guy and she initially bragged him up so much that I think she doesn't want to now admit she made a mistake. In the dream I ask her how her new worker is doing. She answers me but her speech seems garbled, I can't make out what she is saying. It felt like she was saying something like, "Oh, he is doing fine", but somehow I picked up a reluctance to admit something else.

My question is: Was this phenomenon of garbled speech a dream metaphor for telling a lie?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 years old, Rockford Il

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Internet search

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: garbled speech in dreams

Tom,
First let me state that the 'she' in your dream is you, your anima. More specifically she is your emotional attitudes. This dream is all about your attitudes and your personality. Below is how I interpreted the images and actions. I think you can see from these what the dream is trying to communicate. It is something you do not wish to admit thus the garbled speech.
If there is a lie being told it is lying to yourself.

-someone I know who was showing me her 'messy' yard-your outside emotional life looks messed up/out of control
-she 'recently' hired someone to take care of it-you are lacking a certain quality that needs to be taken care of
-she had been the one/against advice-your emotional self {possible female involved in some way} needs to you need to listen what is true
-she initially bragged him so much-feeling insecure about yourself and trying to overcompensate for your shortcomings
-she doesn't want to admit mistakes-you don't want to admit doubting yourself in the choices and decisions you are making
-how the new worker is doing-how are the qualities that are lacking working out {on yourself }
-her speech was garbled-a need to communicate something important and/or urgent is distorted/distorted view/opinion of yourself

Note: I do request a response to my analysis. My services are free and a response is the least that can be given. A contribution of any amount to my Kitty Fund would be appreciated but not required.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your take on the dream. A lot of what you say resonates. I will have to read it over a few more times to see how well it fits. I think you have guessed that I was interpreting this dream as a statement concerning the "objective situation". Might it not be that, as well as a revelation of the psyche of the dreamer?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 years old, male, Rockford Il

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} internet search

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, 12/18/15

Tom,
I take it by objective an actual experience. Yes that is quite possible. It would be along with the deeper analysis I gave. I can not tell you about personal experiences, I can only provide insights to the motivating energies, personality traits and attitudes and underlying reasons for them. Sometimes I can note recent experiences but only you know what they could be.

If there is an actual experience {a real woman being involved} her front yard would be symbolic. It could represent her 'front' but even that would have personal associations to your thinking {seeing what you want to see}. Your dreams are about your emotions and any experience with an actual woman would be addressing your emotions and how you perceive things. An unkept yard could denote something that is out of control, not well kept emotionally. I see this pretty much strictly about you and any emotions toward a woman would take your personality into account.

Her hiring someone may be a feeling you have about the relationship {again your emotions}. Hiring someone would be a need to incorporate a quality that person possesses into your general attitude. Or what you see in the persona would be an emotional energy {a feminine aspect} you possess and project onto the person. It could be you felt she was 'hiring' you to take care of these emotional energies {an unconscious hiring on your part}. What was messy was aspects about yourself but you could have been projecting those onto her or saw in her traits you possessed.

The bragging aspect may have associations to a good start to a relationship but eventually realized it was an 'emotional mistake' {on several levels}. Again there could have been something in a relationship with a female that involved aspects related to your deeper emotional self or/and aspects about her you identify with but rejected in her and need to reject in yourself.

The garbled speech may point to things you did not, do not understand. About yourself and about a female experience/person. He is doing fine is the 'lie' about your inner self, something you do not want to admit. Projecting that onto her would also being something you would not want to admit. The dream specifically stated "I picked up a reluctance to admit something else." You may admit 'she' has personal problems, a lesser thing, but bot admit you do. Again it gets to projecting qualities within yourself that got in the way of the relationship or/and qualities that were in conflict with those qualities. Your dreams are about your emotions and what is out of balance in your personality, attitudes, life in general. I would have to know more about an actual experience with a female to give any deeper insights to how the dream applied to it.

Let me state my position while on the subject of the analysis of dreams. If I had detailed personal information about the dreamer I could provide a proper analysis and answers to any recent and personal experiences. Beyond just an outline as I do here at the Dream Forum. All I know about the dreamer is their age and gender when I analyze a dream. But even with that, using basic Jungian concepts I am able to provide a sound and proper analysis. My success in doing this can be found in my analysis of dreams here at the Dream Forum. Anyone with a good knowledge of Jungian psyche and a developed intuitive sense can correctly analyze and interpret dreams. Despite what some will say about dreams not being understood, dreams are no longer a great mystery for those of us who work regularly with dreams {I have 20+ years-10 years analyzing dreams at the Dream Forum}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present