Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vivid flesh

Anonymous,
I am working on your dream but wanted to comment on the bool you are reading. I am well familiar with Jean Raffa's book, in fact have designed several pages on the book and several of the dreams she penned in it. Here is the first dream with another 5 dreams listed Being A Good Girl. Raffa was an early sage in my learning about dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anonymous,
One important aspect you did not provide in your post is your gender. Are you male or female? It really doesn't seem to matter except at the last of the dream fragment 8. I can't provide a final analysis until I know your gender. Having a bf I assume you are female but assuming often gets it wrong.

But my assessment of the dream prior to the end is you possess the same personality and attitudes as your mother {and probably grandmother also}. There are at least two issues this dream is addressing {pending knowing your gender possibly a third}. One is attitudes of insecurities. The second, and the primary issue is relying on your mother to take on your insecurities when you unconsciously feel she has as many as you. The fact may be many of your insecurities are from your early life experiences/influences growing up with the type personality she possesses. If you are female those insecurities may be associated to your father. Is you mother the submissive type, submissive to his abuse? Her already developed attitude inherited from her mother of having chosen a type man to marry that is abusive? Your true feelings are, as stated in part 1, having confidence in her emotional abilities because of unconscious associations to provide protection for you as a child {was there any physical or psychological abuse from your father, on you or your mother? Part 8 of the dream to do with penis and positions may be addressing these type issues. If true there may be unconscious feelings associated with abuse that lend themselves to your insecurities, not merely the abuse but the position/attitude of your mother you grew up with {she also enduring abuse and not being able to help you}.
Note: I tried to find your previous dream for background info from Nov 15 but could not align the two posted that day by age or IP address.

Here is my interpretation of the images/actions {preceded by the fragment}.

Scene 1 My mum was sitting in a large shop refridgerator and she completely had no skin on her legs and I could vividly see the raw flesh of her legs in full colour. The image of the flesh seemed to be so defined and exactly how it would look like in waking life. I remember no emotional reaction to this sight I just helped her massage her legs.

-mother-mother relationship/nurturing aspects
-shop refrigerator-development of negative emotions
-had no skin on her legs-no confidence in her abilities to provide protection
-raw flesh of her legs in full color-sensing her emotional ability
-image of flesh seemed so defined/how it looked in waking life-emotions consciously noticed
-no emotional reaction/helped her massage her legs- compromising your true self in helping to induce your emotions onto her

Scene 2 My nan is in the back of a car with my mum, they both want to go home, I can't remember why, something to do with illness

-nan-you have control/influence over your grandmother and mother
-illness-despair

Scene 3 I'm driving on a main road, an unknown main road and my boyfriend is with me, were drive past a building site which my brother works at and I know I'm being driven past this place to be shown that my brother works on the site. I'm not given any reason for this but we seem to keep driving past the site again and again

-driving on main road/boyfriend with me-natural routine/masculine aspects
-building site my brother works-related masculine issues being developed within you
-driving past this site again and again-experiencing same emotions time and again

Scene 4 I'm in another unknown place now and there is an opening for corporate type mortgage advisor jobs and the building holding the interviews seems to please me, I like the look of the place for some reason and the building itself appears to be a new build type construction. There are many people crammed into the building for this job opening as its a popular role, it reminds me of when I used to be a mortgage advisor in waking life. I enojoyed the role most of the time. I now walk down the road which has a slight downward slope and I go to a bank machine positioned to the left. I can't remember what happened when I got to the machine

-unknown place-unconscious aspects
-opening for corporate type mortgage adviser jobs-influenced by shared collective position
-building pleases me-fits who you are
-building new type construction-new emotional aspects
-many people crammed into building-many emotional aspects within yourself
-job opening/popular role-influencing position of insecurities
-enjoyed role most of time-satisfying position you have learned to cope with
-walk down the road/slight downward slope-direction you are inclined to take
-bank machine positioned to left-mechanical emotional insecurities

Scene 5 I'm at the top of some steps with a large lake opposite and think the scene had a slightly dark tone to it. Me or someone keeps throwing a dog toy into the lake and a dog keeps gliding through the water to get the toy. The movement of this dog seems so very automatic and he moves in the exact same automatic way every single time the toy is thrown in. Its movement is identical, fast and precise every single time the toy is thrown in. I now throw the toy myself but it doesn't land in the lake, it lands on the floor, a man in the lake with the dog says something but I can't remember what . I just know it may have been an explanation as to why it happened.

-top of steps/large lake opposite-strong emotional effort to be oppose the negative influences
-throwing a dog toy into lake-ridding your self of childhood emotions
-dog keeps gliding through water to get toy-tendencies to go with unconscious negative emotional influences developed from childhood
-dog seems automatic and moves in same automatic way-following same learned emotional positions
-the movement is identical/precise-developed motion is same emotional response
-throw the toy myself-same emotional model
-doesn't land into lake/lands on floor-positioned as a influencing source for emotional energies
-man in lake with the dog says something-aggressive emotions that communicates into waking life

Scene 6 I'm in a unknown bathroom and a work colleague (who I see in waking life as an exact mirror of myself regarding insecurity) is asking me questions how to put a product together which is a product I work with in my waking life at work. The item is sold in component form and she is asking me on the best way to put it all together, I start advising her but at the same time I think, why is she iasking me when she knows much more about this product than I do - I think she would probably do a better job

-unknown bathroom-unconscious elimination
-exact mirror myself-exact mirror of insecurities
-how to put product together-putting emotional self together
-product in waking life-emotional self in waking life
-sold in component form-an element as a part of emotional self
-i start advising her/same time think-advising self why you rely on other's advice
-she knows more about product-she has more experience with these type emotions
-would do a better job-better experienced in these emotional situations

Scene 7 a person from my past, a male is asking me if there will be another corporate event and seems to be interested
. This event, to him, seems to be an event that could be quite elite and I am a person that has access to these types of events, and again this reminds of the corporate events I used to get invited to when I was a mortgage adviser. In waking life This male however is a person who used to make jibes at me and sometimes taunt me indirectly about my appearance, I also felt inferior to him and his girlfriend at that time in my life as they were considered natural beauties and I was not in their eyes.

-person from my past-past self experiences
-reminds me of corporate events as mortgage adviser-collective events as emotional self
-elite event-controlling energies
-person who has access to these type of events-fits your type/personality
-male who makes jibes at me/taunt me indirectly-masculine aspects that taunts you unconsciously
-felt inferior to him-inferior position to masculine aspects/person
-considered natural beauties/I was not in his eyes-natural inclinations/not seen as this by masculine aspects

Scene 8 I now seem to be a Passive observer. I'm being shown many different types of penis on their own and they are being showing in different positions (sorry all who are reading - this is embarrassing)

-passive observer-being submissive
-many types of penis on their own-sexual energies
-shown in many different positions-many different situations

Scene 8 I remember saying some this about giving to charity
-giving to charity-giving of yourself

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Hi Gerry, many thanks for your detailed analysis. Well you've hit the nail on the head. I've struggled with men my whole life and although my dad was loving and kind he was very dominant and I watched my mum struggle in an abusive relationship for the most part if my childhood. I couldn't dismiss the patterns throughout my family as a mere coincidence so a few years back I started to question how is it that my nan, , my mum, Auntu, brother and a couple of close cousins and myself ended up in the same relationships and I started looking for answers and my first knowledge came through the term synchronicity which led me to jungs book memories dreams and reflections and from there I learned about childhood programming, unconscious drives and law of attraction (like attracts łike). I've made major progress as I'm now in a beatifyl loving relationship but I still have my struggles with beliefs about men.

I am female by the way.

I've long suspected that my problems are all connected to feeling inferior of men but my question is Gerry, what is the corrective action this dream is trying to communicate to me .

Could you let me know specifically which parts of the dream suggested abusive father/negative male ad o find it quite fascinating that you have correctly interpreted my main unconscious issue.

Ps ill have another look at the date of previous dream, it was titled congratulations if that helps?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

Anonymous,
Your dreams are trying to communicate emotional issues/conflicts in order to get your attention. Once that is achieved it is left to the dreamer to reconcile the issues and find resolution. That involves a deep psychological examination to determine exactly what energies are motivating your behavior, personality type and attitudes. We know your early childhood 'indoctrination' of seeing your mother's abusive relationship with your father but just how that plays out in how it affects you must be examined. Once all this is known you are better able to reconcile the energies and resolve them. You will need to break the cycle of 'inherent' behavior and find in your life the ability to make proper choices in future relationships. Resolving the childhood issues will allow that.

As for what parts led me to the abusive father/negative male attitude. The dream begins by pointing to nurturing issues and abilities to provide protection. Sensing/seeing her abilities from personal experiences as a child {as a young child you learn to sense long before you begin to cognitively understand} and what you saw/sensed as a child was an inability by your mother to remedy the abusive relationship with your father {your mother was probably in the same position as you as a child}. From the opening of the dream I could determine this developing pattern {the opening of the dream normally states what issues the dream is trying to communicate}.

It was the third scene where the 'masculine' aspects began to show themselves. As an experienced dream analyst I can read the outlines of a dream but seldom point to exact personal experiences. Developing masculine aspects would, on one level, point to experiences with a male or males in your life. The repeated time and again experiences furthered the developing patterns from the first scene, pointing to the involvement of masculine aspects {without specifically pointing to experiences with a male or naming a person}. This is standard stuff a dream analyst encounters and from Jungian concepts and the vast experience working with dreams I've learned how to discern the developing patterns. Plus I have a lot of personal experience with relationships {as well as developed people skills} that allow me to better sense what direction to look for and fit the pieces together. It is an intuitive feeling that allows me to understand developing patterns. In your dream I could see there were nurturing issues {with mother} and with the entry of masculine aspects and the 'driving past the site again and again' I could begin to put two and two together and sense the real nurturing issues were more about repeated experiences of inter-replay between your mother and masculine aspects. Deducing the best possible scenario and you get repeated actions between your mother and a male with the best possibility of that male being your father {keep following me and you will see how the pattern continues to develop}. These masculine patterns were developing in you, your bf and brother adding to personal experiences {intuitively sensing the personal experiences} and men.

The fourth paragraph led me to believe in 'collective' {corporate} positions. Add this to your mother's experiences and masculine aspects {but still without naming a personal experience with a male} and I got shared 'collective' experiences between you and your mother {and grandmother?}. The influencing experiences of insecurities was a clue to your own insecurities {images/actions in dreams are clues to the dream message and patterns of behavior}. The bank machine pointed to 'mechanical' emotional insecurities {automatic response influenced by childhood experiences}.

The fifth paragraph continued to follow the developing pattern of automatic emotional responses. The dog is the physical self and the tendencies/attitudes of the dreamer. The toy was a clue to childhood experiences {a matter of deduction-the toy could fit with many other possibilities}. But it fit with a developing pattern I sensed from the beginning of the dream. this is important because if an image doesn't fit a pattern something is not right with the pattern analysis. The flow of the dream must fall into place to make a coherent statement which describes a patter of behavior. The man {masculine aspects/real person} with the lake {unconscious} with the dog {attitudes} had landed on the floor {your basic foundations from childhood}. A continuation of the developing pattern I sensed and one that fit with that pattern.

The seventh scene began to point to actual male experiences and the past. The 'corporate' events are again referenced which fit the pattern of collective experiences. You had access to this type event as a child {using actual work experiences but a metaphor for actual experiences as a child seeing the mother/father abusive relationship}. You are unconsciously motivated/taunted by these experiences and as an adult naturally follow the pattern {of abusive relationships} you witnessed as a child. You are in an inferior position as well as possessing an inferior attitude/position to men. It all fits the pattern you 'learned' as a child, a pattern I sensed without having any personal knowledge of these experiences. This is how dreams can reveal unconscious contents in a very short time, whereas normal therapy can take months to get to this vital information.

The 8th paragraph finalized the pattern. As a child you witnessed a submissive mother and thus have the same traits/attitudes. Many people want to dismiss early life experiences as having this power to influence. But with the new science discoveries in psychology {development of Jungian concepts by others} as well as neurology we know even infants have an ability to sense and know, well beyond what we thought the a child is born with a blank slate and a lesser ability to learn. Your early life experiences were the foundations for psyche structuring as are all early life experiences. It is what we grow up with, what we learn, what influence who we become later in life. There are many other 'ingredients' that come into play as to how a person turns out {twins can lead entirely different lives} but our dreams will reveal how the individual life evolved. Your dream points to a specific pattern, one that fits your actual conscious life. The odds of possessing these developed attitudes are greater for all children who grew up in this type of environment but not so strict one child could be different in their evolution and how those early life experiences affected later life. The influences are the same but the evolution can be different due to substance within DNA, other personal experiences and so on.

Back to paragraph 8. The 'sexual' energies would denote the sex of the male and not just sexual aspects {were there any sexual experiences early in life that would come into play? This dream doesn't list any}. The many different positions could allude to sexual contact but could also represent many different situations of personal experience {abusive relationships in general, your mother's and your own}. I do look at this type of dream statement with suspicion because it does seem to be direct and the first thought would be of sexual aspects {any reference yo a penis would be}. But it does not fit the overall pattern unless it is interpreted as shared experiences {showing many different positions}, many types of penis {referencing the male sex} and being submissive to men in general {abusive relationships}. The charity meaning is 'giving of yourself' which could fit both possibilities. But the pattern we are following and then one that strongly developed { and fits your waking life} is about abusive psychological relationships. Unless of course there was physical sexual abuse involved. In that case the dream may have ended on one note {psychological abusive relationships} and future dreams would elaborate on any other abusive experiences {sexual}. Was there any elements or types of sexual abuse by your father on you or your mother?

Jerry

Hi Gerry, many thanks for your detailed analysis again. I'm well familiar with the theory of childhood programming which I've done my best to study over the last year or so. As for the sexual abuse I don't remember or feel that I saw any of this on my mother by my father but what I did see was the constant fear in her , fear of his violent outbursts and the control he had over her. i remember around the age of 7 or 8 running to get help from the neighbours when one of their violent rows broke out in a desperate bid to stop it, my father also suffered from mental illness and depression and had been treated by phsyciatrists for his mood swings and anger. I have been in more than one verbally and sexually abusive situations in my younger adult years which I know I've carried throughout my life but I'm learning to deal with it one step at a time.

I have another dream to post, hope you don't mind

Hope you had a good Christmas and thanks again for your input.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes Nov 2015

Anonymous,
Your early life environment no doubt is a primary reason for your later life issues with relationships. What is learned in early life becomes the foundations for personality and personal attitudes as an adult. Learning to deal with the issues is an important step but understanding why is as important. A total examination of your childhood and the environment in which you grew up will provide insights to your personality and why you have trouble in having stable relationships. If you grow up with an abusive father then the pattern often carriers over to adult relationships with the same type personality. That is what you grew up with and the tendencies will push you toward unconsciously entering into the same type relationships. Other factors such as neurology/DNA enter into the equation since some people who have similar childhoods do the opposite. But the pattern you exhibit is common and expected. The goal is to break the pattern so you can have a good relationship and a normal life. It is psychological and that is what you need to look at in resolving the issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

stats from 7-14-10 to the present