Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woman in my dream proclaiming

I had a dream in 2011 that left me terrified, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of "entities" who proclaim things over people. In my dream I was walking through a forest clearing. There was a stream ahead, and I looked across the stream and there was a black woman, and she was wailing and rocking back and forth, her arms folded across her mid section. She had a bundle of sticks or something like that on her back, in a hand made carrier. Her head was wrapped in a cloth, I think the colors of the cloth were brown and purple and red.

She was wailing, "Ohhh! Ohhh the water! The water it's coming! Ohhhh, the water! It's coming, it's coming!!" It felt like a grieving and a proclamation or warning. Then I woke up. I was frozen in fear, and asked God, "what is the water? What is coming? Is this good or bad, and what can I do, what do you want me to do??" I received no answer, only the echo of those words from this woman.

Later that day, I received a call that my mother, who was 91 years old, had only weeks to live. They had found lymphoma and were moving her to the other side of the nursing home for her final days. It seemed like, after that "proclamation", a domino effect occurred, and so many bad things were happening all at once, and I kept hearing her voice in my memory. I was in a state of terror, asking how to stop this "water" whatever it was.

After two years of tragedies, I tried to go back into the dream and find the woman. I went into a state of lucid dreaming and found her, and asked her who she was and how to remove this thing, and I got the sensation that she is a "Proclaimer," that this is her job description, that she was not imposing anything over me, but her job was to proclaim as she heard. I asked her to stop the water. She looked at me for a long time, and then turned and walked into the forest. The thing I noticed most was that she still had the same thing on her back, but she was much thinner than before. She had been a very large woman in the first dream, and now she was normal size and shape, and looked younger and stronger.

Since then, it still feels like the waters are till flooding my life, so I am still confused. Does anyone have an interpretation, and has anyone ever experienced these Proclaimers, for lack of a better name?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57/femaile

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Woman in my dream proclaiming

Julianne,
My sense of your dream is it is addressing personality traits and attitudes. You are prone to reacting emotionally to issues in life, an attitude of seeing the glass half empty {pessimism} instead of half full {optimism}. This attitude isn't something that is a recent development but one from early life experiences/influences. You may have grown up with one or both parents possessing/demonstrating the same type attitude or/and had early life circumstances that would have created this negative attitude as a part of your personality {early life struggles/tragedies}. You are probably an emotional person and let your emotions show. They may even have a great deal of control over you, negative thinking something that is common.

As for the images in your dream. In this dream there is no mention of a proclaimer but instead a proclamation/warning {the Proclaimer is in the lucid dream}. . The proclamation would be the developed attitudes and the warning you let your emotions take over/control. Water in dreams is a common symbol for unconscious emotions and the flow of the stream the direction the emotional energies tend to flow. Because you have experienced recent tragedies and your mother is old you unconscious if not consciously expect the worst to happen {which it did but because she is old and not because you are cursed or ****ed}. The waters are your emotions/emotional tendencies and what is coming is a flow of emotions and an expectation of the worst.

As for the Proclaimer in your lucid dream. She {your inner self} was 'proclaiming' what your true self knows/hears {the dream is your true self absent the bias of the waking ego}. This true self is an unconscious self {forest} and these developed attitudes rest within your unconscious affecting your conscious self/attitudes. Asking her to stop the waters is asking yourself to stop the 'long time' developed emotional attitudes that are within your unconscious {"She looked at me for a long time, and then turned and walked into the forest"}. The thing on her/your back symbolic of emotional burdens you carry as well as hidden aspects of your personality} is you lack emotional strength {thinner} development from childhood and with all the recent tragedies in your life that strength has become 'thinner'. In your younger life {looked younger} you were better able to handle your developed attitude but as you age the trait has become an emotional burden. When we are young we have a general attitude of looking toward the positive even if there is an inner attitude of seeing things negatively. As the emotional 'baggage' accumulates this becomes harder and the true self is exposed.

What is the message of the dream? It is you may be emotional and need to be aware of this attitude so it doesn't take over. Depression or even worse could be the result if your emotions are not kept under control. The deeper aspects would be the underlying reasons for this attitude you have. That would go back to childhood and the environment in which you grew up in, the experiences that influenced your developing mind/psyche. To remedy the deeper aspects {something that would benefit personal growth and a true path to being whole} would require a psychological examination and therapy. Analyzing your dreams is the best way to do this since dreams are a direct link to the unconscious {as this one is in pointing to unconscious energies that motivate your conscious actions}.

Below is how I interpreted the images/actions {I analyze dreams by interpreting the images and actions, looking for patterns of behavior that fit together to form a cohesive story depicting the true emotional life of the dreamer {using basic Jungian concepts}

Dream Title
Woman in my dream proclaiming
-inner self promoting unconscious attitudes

Dream
In my dream I was walking through a forest clearing. There was a stream ahead, and I looked across the stream and there was a black woman, and she was wailing and rocking back and forth, her arms folded across her mid section. She had a bundle of sticks or something like that on her back, in a hand made carrier. Her head was wrapped in a cloth, I think the colors of the cloth were brown and purple and red.

-walking through forest-going through an emotional transition
-stream ahead-emotional energies associated with the future needing a release
-looked across stream/black woman-beyond the emotions/your shadow
-she was wailing/rocking back and forth-releasing negative emotions associated with suffering of someone close to you/regressing to childhood behavior
-her arms folded across her mid section-structured attitude related to struggling to controlling emotions
-bundle of sticks on her back-unconscious collective controlling attitudes
-hand made carrier-extension of emotional burden due to personal experiences/influences
-head wrapped in cloth-unconscious mental attitudes /emotional and experience aspects that composes your life
-colors brown, purple and red-negative emotional inclinations

-she was wailing, "Ohhh! the water! The water is coming-emotions related to suffering/a flow of emotions that are about to erupt
-felt like a grieving-needing to cope with emotions

Note: I do request a response to my analysis. My services are free and a response is the least that can be given. A contribution of any amount to my Kitty Fund would be appreciated but not required.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present