Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pub - Cats

Nicola,
This fits with the images/actions in the dream. Nurturing seems to be a primary issue along with the sexual repression{I am careful of naming sexual aspects since they are very personal and difficult to pin down}. I sensed one application of the 'two' women. One would be your mother and the other you in providing nurturing. Because there was a lack of nurturing in your childhood {even if not intentional but because of life's responsibilities} you have a natural inclination to follow that 'pattern't life. What is learned in childhood usually becomes the pattern in adulthood. This was what I saw in the dream.

Note: Let me mention the negative nurturing pattern {the lack of} is also counter to the 'archetypal' mother and expected nurturing we are born with. Nature provides humans {and all animals} with an expectation of nurturing, protection and security. When this absent it affects the psyche and causes conflict {emotional in humans}.

As for the sexual repression, the bed image as well as the gown would point to this. I believe this and the nurturing are the the hidden aspects that need more exploration. As long as the issues remain unresolved {not fully understood and the motivating energies ended} they will continue to have an effect on your conscious life. You are aware of the issues so what is needed is a thorough exploration of the the experiences to see and understand them. What is know as the 'inner child' remains alive and it seeks understanding, looking back at yourself as a third person by viewing yourself as a child and getting an objective sense of that time and those experiences. The inner child is archetypal and it must be reconciled with the true life of you as a child, resolving the emotional conflicts and giving closure so there can be proper personal growth. Those early life experiences are the reason you have repressed sexuality issues {as well as nurturing}. When you explore those years you will see new things come up that were forgotten {or repressed} and with that you begin to understand who you are and why you are that person. You can take back control of your life by removing the motivating energies formed in childhood.

As for the second dream I believe you are correct in the kitten as an early stage of development in one context {you are the kitten}. Later in the dream there are two kittens which would represent the two aspects that are in conflict. The four adults {4 is the number for wholeness} it could on on hand represent your father and mother and you and your partner {the partner aspect would need to be vetted to determine what extent it applies}. Your partner would likely represent your animus in one aspect {anger for not saving the kitten}, anger within yourself, at your father and possibly at your actual partner.

There is a positive aspect to the dream. The dream mentions therapist which may be pointing to a solution {since you are already aware of the issues and are consciously working on them, you as your own therapist as well as an actual therapist}. Because of these issues your life is erratic and at times feelings of a possible crash {seeing a impeding crash but stopping just in time in a dream is a common motif}. Earlier in the dream the two kittens are playing together {coming together}, the adult cats in the neighbor's garden {garden represents growth}, beginning to look alert and paying attention. because your dreams reflect your true self at the time you have the dream I sense this is pointing to your actively looking to understand the issues. Understanding/acknowledging the emotional energies is the first step to healing. There is an unconscious fear {that becomes conscious when explored} that you will be like your mother, these kittens {your emotional issues} will suffer the same fate as the first kitten {your mother}. That does beg the question about other aspects/experiences of your mother {explore those, there may be more there than realized}. Until the issues are resolved you will have the vulnerability issues.

The next to last paragraph has the fence panels. Fences can represent issues with expression {barriers and repression} as well as issues of 'privacy' {bed/bedroom}. Panels can symbolize 'a layer of insulating material should be placed between the panels and the wall' {barriers}. Because of where this is positioned in the dream suggests it is a current issue with possible recent experiences adding more to your frustrations and feelings of helplessness {as the dream stated}. Then comes the possible solution of the therapist in the last paragraphs {these fit with Jung's theory of dream structure.

This dream points to progress. Follow the direction in the last paragraph and you will find solutions to your emotional issues as well as, in time, find balance in your life, a better life because you have removed the power of the unconscious motivating energies.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I will continue looking at the areas which you have suggested. I remember a previous dream with similar images and suggesting the same time frame http://www.powerofdreams.net/dreamforum.html#bn-forum-1-1-2863566527/48/1198805/show
Again, two mothers, a cat and associations with experiences at ages 8 - 11, including one of the incidents I mentioned.

Thank you for your time and input. At least, it seems I have a narrowed down a timeframe.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 F UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Nicola,
Look at all the early years {memories begin at age 4 or 5}. In looking at the experiences do so with an eye not just on specific events that were traumatic but the overall experience of parenting and nurturing. There may not be any one incident that needs to be remembered but instead your whole childhood experience. Look at your earliest memories and replay how those came about. They could possibly open up new memories are provide insights to possibilities of how they developed .

Example: I have one memory of my father coming home and I was afraid he would be mad at me {for a reason I do not remember}. Upon further thought I could see possible associations that had a good possibility of abusive behavior on his part although I had no memories of that}. Either way it was the overall attitude as a parent on his part {leaving his family when I was 6 and never again a part of our lives} that was the controlling agent in my psyche and motivated me in many negative experiences in my early adulthood}.

Look for specific experiences but also your overall childhood. It could be the accumulative experiences and not any traumatic experiences. Or there could have been experiences a young child should not have been exposed to without being an abusive one. Your life in a pub could have exposed you to negative experiences.

Jerry [pray}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Yes, I have a similar memory from 3 years old where I wanted to ask my mother a question and was very apprehensive about asking, afraid she would get angry. I also know that she had premenstrual dysphoric disorder up until she had a hysterectomy a few days before my 12th birthday. My father once told my partner that my mother was "absolutely wonderful for 2 weeks and then she was an absolute b***h for 2 weeks". This would definitely fit in with the 'two mothers' associations and also the time frame. I will consider this further and look at any effects/correlations in my own life now.

Thank you. I believe we may really be onto something now :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 F UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Nicola,
Memories before the age of 4 are unusual but if the energies for the memory are so strong there could be a impression left from them. Young children not only have memories from experiences but from impressions as well. You may not have known why your mother would have been angry but the fact she was and because it was so unusual and had a force beyond the norm it could have left an imprinted memory even at age 3. Also the issue of 2 week on and 2 weeks off could be a reason for the number 4 in the dream {2+2}. What your young psyche would be expecting would be a 'balanced' environment from the mother. Her temperament would have been something a young child would pick up on and because the psyche is prone to use 'universal/archetypal' images {and numbers} at that age {you are closer to birth and that natural environment than one where personality is in charge} it would be something your dreams would use to communicate the natural expectation of 'balance' as a part of life. An intention of dreams is to help restore balance to what is out of balance which would include early impressions/experiences and influences that formed your psyche/personality and personal traits.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

stats from 7-14-10 to the present