Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tortured by mother and sister

Hi,

I am a 26 years old male who did a great effort in getting to know myself in the past years. Well I am looking for a meaning in life since I was around 15/16, but since a few years I am actively working on myself. Means, it started with me removing the persona (or most of the characteristics which I hated) while I had depressions and understood they came from "me not being myself around others, but wearing a mask". Later I found out, that me getting angry/annoyed/etc. by others was just a mirror of characteristics I also had which I didn't show or actually showed without realizing it. For example: I was very arrogant, without my knowing. But I saw this behaviour in my reactions/actions/words and thoughts. So day after day I was using other people as a mirror of myself to get to know myself better and change what I disliked about my being. That was when magic happened... I started to understand intuitively the reason/cause behind others behaviour, or I was atleast able to see beyond behaviour. Since then my mood is barely influenced by others anymore.
I think that's enough for a short introduction.

To my dream:

A few weeks ago. Mid/End of December 2015 I had a strange dream I still can't get out of my head. And after reading alot about how the "anima" appears in dreams (in the image of the mother/sisters...) I got more curious. So here it goes.

In my dream I was "waking up" from a dream in the middle of some kind of experimentation room. My mother, my sister, and I were doing some kind of very exhausting experiments on ourselves. The experiments were symbolically shown as the "waking up" from a dream. So we "woke up" the experiment was over, then we "woke up" again and the next experiment was over... and so on and so on. So I was constantly waking up in my dream, always in this "experiment room" with my mother and sister doing the same. It was very exhausting. It even hurt.

At some point, my mother and my sister weren't doing the experiment with me together... They were doing it "on" me. Like I was suddenly the test subject, who had to endure the pain of "waking up" again and again... until my head hurt, I got nose bleeding, and I begged them to stop.
At this point my mother said something like "you're strong, you can do another one" and I instantly woke up again and was even more hurt. And she then made me wake up again... and again, against my begging to finally stop.

Then she questioned why I was hurt so much, and said something like. "Oh, you didn't even get your shot/injection today/this week no wonder it hurts so much." Then she grabbed a syringe and gave me an injection into my lower back. The moment I got the injection, I awoke in real life.

The whole day I felt dizzy/drowsy because I haven't had a dream that hurt this much (physically... somehow) like this one.

I don't know what this means, an answer/idea would be great.

Thanks very much for reading.

greetings.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, male

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} I was looking for explanations on the individuation process and found the powerofdreams site

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Tortured by mother and sister

I have to add something.

From the point when my mother and sister did the experiment on me instead of with me together, I felt tortured.

Vitriol,
I'll provide a detailed analysis on Monday. But a comment about what I sense from your dream. What experiences do you, your mother and sister have in common? What would there be that you would be waking up from, something that seems like a dream but was a real experience you wish you could wake up from because it hurt {emotionally if not physically}? Where was your father in this experiment?

The part about your mother and sister no longer being a part of the experiment and you were the sole subject may point either to your continued psychological issues as you grew older and no longer living with your mother and sister, and/or you are placing blame on them for your emotional pain. You are alone in the suffering from the 'experiment' The experiment may be symbolic for feeling helpless and at the mercy of someone else or an inner emotional energy. The last part of the dream points to your mother 'injecting' you. The injection would most likely be emotional.

I'll have to interpret the individual images/actions as well as look for patterns to get a final analysis {can take a couple of hours}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerald Gifford-Dream Forum Host & Moderator
Vitriol,
What experiences do you, your mother and sister have in common?

Not sure about that.

What would there be that you would be waking up from, something that seems like a dream but was a real experience you wish you could wake up from because it hurt {emotionally if not physically}?

Not sure about that either... maybe I have to think about that longer.

Where was your father in this experiment?

Nowhere. He wasn't even in the dream.

The part about your mother and sister no longer being a part of the experiment and you were the sole subject may point either to your continued psychological issues as you grew older and no longer living with your mother and sister, and/or you are placing blame on them for your emotional pain.

Definitely the latter. I blame them for much from my childhood,... even though I consciously don't want to.

You are alone in the suffering from the 'experiment' The experiment may be symbolic for feeling helpless and at the mercy of someone else or an inner emotional energy. The last part of the dream points to your mother 'injecting' you. The injection would most likely be emotional.

Thanks that kind of opened my eyes a little.

I'll have to interpret the individual images/actions as well as look for patterns to get a final analysis {can take a couple of hours}.

Jerry

Thanks for the answers. I'll look again later. Thanks very much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, male

Vitriol,
Your father was not in the dream which may suggest he was not a part of your life as he should have been. That could have been the shared experiences with your sister and mother. It may be a part of the experiment, testing you in emotional ways. Study the analysis more and examine your life {especially the early years} and see what emotional issues you have that need to be discovered, acknowledged and resolved. A function of dreams is to get the dreamer to do those three things so you can go forward with your life not hindered by the emotional conflicts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present