Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Three reoccurring childhood dreams

My father never left but, he had problems that my mother never knew about that impacted my sister in several ways. I'll get to that later.

Around the time that I turned 6 years old, my mother took a full time job because my father wasn't making enough money working at the local paper mill. My mother did better then him and worked an opposite shift. I don't know how that impacted the relationship because I spent a lot of time outside the house. This was because my mother seemed extremely angry all the time. It got so bad one day she slapped me around when I tried to use the bathroom and the door unplugged the washing machine. I ran away from home that day and ending up at my grandpa's house. This abuse continued through my childhood with both me and my sister. There's way too many stories to talk about here.

My father began sexually molesting both myself and my sister shortly after my mother took the full time job. This continued for several years and it was a deep secret for most of my childhood. My sister tried to expose him several times through school. My father was under investigation and they tried to get to me and my younger bother but, it never was proven. Surprisingly my mother never new anything. I never said anything to anybody about it as I didn't want to live with the stigma. It was a small town and everyone knew everybody.

My sister eventually got tossed out of the house when she came up pregnant at age 18 by her boyfriend. Her in-laws were vary understanding and her husband turned out to be the best thing ever to happen. 40 years later they're still together.

I dropped out of school due to absenteeism. I took a beating from my mother because I shut off the kitchen light as she was coming up the driveway from work. A couple of weeks later I enlisted in the USAF and that changed my life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Male New England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Three reoccurring childhood dreams

Essense Cruz,
Thanks for the detailed response. I sensed issues with your mother as well as your father but because I know so little about you personally {your age and gender is all I have to work with outside the dream itself} I am only able to discern an outline of what the emotional issues are. What was clear and important was the inclusion of age which always reflects actual experiences. This dream doesn't spell out in any detail the severity of the physical/psychological abuse {as much as dreams will do in specifics} but it is likely other dreams have and will do so. Working through the issues by examining the experiences as thoroughly as possible will help bring out the emotional energies that need resolution. This is what dreams attempt to do, help the dreamer understand the emotional issues so there is an effort to understand why and the reasons they exist with the end game being a resolution to the issues. Although you have found an outlet to the abuse in the military the underlying issues remain. There may be more work needed. As long as you continue to have these dreams indicates emotional energies still exist that need resolution. Even at a later age in life it is important to resolve the issues if you wish to 'be all you can be' in life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present