Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Symbol of an S crossed by a diagonal line

Melani,
I've not seen this symbol before but if it can in a 'vision' {in Jungian psyche visions are waking dreams} and you have had no other experience with it then it would likely have ancient or universal associations. Because dreams are all about psychological healing I would look to those aspects. That may fit with the caduceus of Hermes {or Hermeticism} and Caduceus which would be associated with medicine and used as a symbol medical practice and healing {modern}.

It could also have associations with the serpent {the staff in medical practice and healing} which would point to a transition, death and resurrection {the serpent loses its skin and grows new skin}. Because visions are waking dreams it would possess therapeutic value, a psychological transformation of the dreamer that will produce a healing. If this is your vision then the transformation would be yours. It would point to something you are in a process of experiencing or need to experience. But as with dreams more about the vision {dream} would need to be known. Interpreting a single symbol could hardly explain the whole dream {although some symbols are archetypal and universal and could point to a particular pattern}. Do you remember anything else from your vision that would help in ascertaining what this -S- would symbolize.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Symbol of an S crossed by a diagonal line

Hi Gerald! Nice to meet you! Thank you so much for your quick reply! :)

This was almost a year ago during an Ayahuasca experience. This symbol appeared alone. But in between other visions, like that of a Sumerian construction over the bonfire we've lit; the colossal shadow of Thoth under the moonlight in the open countryside; a flying saucer.....this was really frightening since I have never had visions or dreams about UFOs.
The part about "transformation" is actually true! I haven't thought about the snake in that way, it's new info for me. You really enlightened me! But I will keep on searching for further meanings.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Female, Argentina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present