Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bike Chase with Billy

Jimmy,
I get a sense you are at an impasse after your trips abroad. You were in a different world just as you are when you are dreaming. Returning to reality can be a shock of sorts and throw you off. You are being tested. Following your passion for writing is the path you need to focus your energies. To be your true self and do what your soul desires {vs the ego world of social duty/responsibilities}. Take the experiences from your trips abroad and expand on those in your writing. Depending on what area of writing you work with those experiences should provide new energies. Don't let the old norms derail your efforts and path. That is the test. Staying the path no matter what.

As for dreams. Dream work can assist you in self discovery which can open you to new ideas but don't worry about it if you have to put them on a back burner. Your dreams will let you know when they need your attention. Otherwise they are reflecting your life as it. Use them as a resource when needed or if a particular dream stands out seeking attention. I don't analyze all of my dreams, only those where the energies stand out. The unconscious mind of someone who is on the 'hero journey' is tuned in to the 'other world' and when summons you will know to take special notice of the dream. The monomythic hero journey is a state of mind and being and when you cross the threshold of not being afraid of being your true self you put yourself on a plane of higher being. I always turn to Joseph Campbell for inspiration since he was the master of myth and the hero world.

“A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: The hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.”
― Joseph Campbell, The Hero With a Thousand Faces

You have been on one of those adventures. Use that to move forward and progress. Put your efforts towards your writing and the adventure.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bike Chase with Billy

Jerry,

I had not thought of it this way. I had been a little anxious about not doing my dreamwork and fearful of leaving the path but I am enheartened by your words and I shall keep my ears open for the dreams which desire me to hear them. I still turn my eyes to the dreamworld every day and night and so I have no doubt that if a dream calls to me I will hear it and heed it. For now I guess I shall allow this quiet time. It does seem to me the right thing to be following my heart into my creative pursuits but I had worried that in turning my attention away from my dreams I would be less able to know where I was going astray as I could pick up in active work with dreams. And finally as ever I am truly inspired by the words of the sage it is a reminder constantly that there is something more important about following my bliss than the realist world of the everyday which is far more present in my life since my return would have me believe.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23; Ireland (returned home from Canada and Australia)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes 25-December Tears with my Mother

stats from 7-14-10 to the present