Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car accident dreams

I was in the car with my mom driving on an expressway. There was a fork in the road and she veered too right and drove off the road into a canal with murky, dirty water. I swam up in the water, but I didn't see her. A couple of male passerbys in a truck came to help. One of the males drove his truck on top of the water (I don't know how he did this, but it's just a dream) to search for electrical signals or air coming from life in the water. I told him not to do this because I was afraid he would hit her in the water, but he assured me it was okay. He didn't find my mom, and I was devastated.

---

In another dream I had a few days prior I was on the first level in my mom's house and saw a little boy with blond hair and blue eyes looking confused with his head slightly out the car window in the passenger's seat as an adult (I couldn't see the adult) was backing out of our garbage or it looked like they hit our garbage bags on the curb. I went upstairs to tell my mom to look. I thought it was nothing or didn't know if I should bother to tell my mom, but then she freaked out when she looked out the window. When I looked out the window from the upper level from a different view, I saw a multi car accident to the right of the car I saw downstairs. My father was injured in a car with my brother. My father was unconscious smashed into a seat and possibly dying while I couldn't tell if my brother was injured since he was conscious and didn't look banged up. The whole side of the car was missing so I could see inside their car.

---

I have been worried about both my parents dying so I don't know if these dreams are connected to it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: F, USA

Re: car accident dreams

Anonymous,
My sense of the first dream {second dream posted} is about attitudes you have developed from early life about male relationships in response to your mother's experiences in her marriage. This has influenced your own attitudes about male relationships. There is a need to do things differently if you are to have a balanced emotional life. There are wounds from the relationship with your father that has affected your adult attitudes.

To explain my analysis so to give a better perspective of the dream language. Your brother {who is mentioned several times in the dream} would not be addressing possible experiences involving your true brother but would also represent your own developing masculine aspects/attitudes. Your father and mother would do the same, representing your relationship with them as well as attitudes you have developed from those experiences. The end of the dream points to a 'missing' father which could be a truth in your actual life as a child or could point to positive qualities he should have provided which affect your attitudes toward male relationships or/and your masculine qualities {your animus}.

The other dream seems to be addressing the same issues. Your early life experiences with your mother have affected your masculine attitudes/animus. You do not have a clear direction to proper masculine relationships because of her experiences {with your father/men}. These experiences have contributed to your own attitudes as an adult. She was not in control/had no control in her experiences with men {your father} which affected your developing psyche and adult attitudes. Her actions/experiences have greatly influenced who you are {naturally}. This has contributed to your own personality issues which could include low self esteem {which is a symptom of not having a balanced early life/lacking proper guidance from mother/father}.

The question in the present time would be about relationships with men. Are you imitating your mother's actions {like mother like daughter} or the opposite, going to extremes in distancing yourself from your mother's attitudes/actions {both which would cause an imbalanced animus/masculine attitudes. affecting the relationships}. Do you have self esteem issues and if so you could be compensating those negative qualities in your relationship with men {seeking someone who would fill what is lacking}. There are 'multi' emotional issues involved that affect your life and personality.

In closing let me state because I know so little about you I can only read the outlines of the emotional issues in your life {dreams are about the emotions}. Often I can sense one way or another how early life relationships affect the dreamer but in your dreams it is not clear {why I included the two possibilities involving your relationship with men and your masculine attitudes and personality}. It is clear there are issues but how they have played out is the question I can not answer without having in-depth knowledge about you and your life. The issues need to be understood and acknowledged if you wish to have a healthy relationship with men as well as develop proper masculine qualities that are missing.

As I often do, below is how I interpreted the images/actions in your dreams {dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor that I interpret/decode}. First is the dream and then the interpretation of the images/actions.

Dream
In another dream I had a few days prior I was on the first level in my mom's house and saw a little boy with blond hair and blue eyes looking confused with his head slightly out the car window in the passenger's seat as an adult (I couldn't see the adult) was backing out of our garbage or it looked like they hit our garbage bags on the curb. I went upstairs to tell my mom to look. I thought it was nothing or didn't know if I should bother to tell my mom, but then she freaked out when she looked out the window. When I looked out the window from the upper level from a different view, I saw a multi car accident to the right of the car I saw downstairs. My father was injured in a car with my brother. My father was unconscious smashed into a seat and possibly dying while I couldn't tell if my brother was injured since he was conscious and didn't look banged up. The whole side of the car was missing so I could see inside their car.

Interpretation of images/actions
-first level in mom's house-early life relationship with mother
-saw little boy with blond hair/blue eyes-developing masculine aspects providing balance
-looking confused/head slightly out car window-lack of understanding in seeing direction in life
-in passenger's seat as an adult-affecting masculine attitudes/qualities as an adult
-backing out of our garage/looking like they hit garbage bags on curb-unconscious issues coming out involving negative aspects
-went upstairs to tell mom to look-seeking support from mother
-thought it was nothing/bother mom-not consciously aware/not wanting to confront issues
-she freaked out when she looked out window-not in control in her outlook on life
-when I looked out window from upper level from a different view-needing to see things in a different perspective
-saw multi car accident-multi emotional issues/anxieties
-to the right of car downstairs-conscious reality
-father was injured in a car with brother-wounds from higher masculine aspects that affect future masculine attitudes
-father was unconscious smashed into a seat-helpless masculine aspects affect position in life
-possibly dying-changing who you are
-couldn't tell if brother was injured since he was unconscious/didn't look banged up-not aware of unconscious masculine attitudes related to relationship with father
-whole side of car was missing/could see inside car-important aspect of self missing/inner issues coming through/affecting attitudes

Dream
I was in the car with my mom driving on an expressway. There was a fork in the road and she veered too right and drove off the road into a canal with murky, dirty water. I swam up in the water, but I didn't see her. A couple of male passerbys in a truck came to help. One of the males drove his truck on top of the water (I don't know how he did this, but it's just a dream) to search for electrical signals or air coming from life in the water. I told him not to do this because I was afraid he would hit her in the water, but he assured me it was okay. He didn't find my mom, and I was devastated.

Interpretation of images/actions
-car/mom driving on expressway-mother's influence on the direction of your life
-fork in road-deciding moment where decision has to be made
-she veered too far right-conscious reality/objectivity
-drove off road into canal-taking you off your path
-murky/dirty water-causing unconscious self esteem issues
-swam up in water/didn't see her-seeking emotional support which was not there
-couple of male passerbys in a truck-masculine dependence to help with emotional overload
-one drove truck on top of water-one masculine aspect was a conscious experience
-search for electrical signals/air coming from water-looking for what is missing that would provide energy to life
-told him not to do this/hit her in water-masculine aspects that would bring up unconscious issues with mother/not wanting to give thought to issues
-didn't find mom/I was devastated-mother's proper nurturing in life causing emotional issues
Note: I do request a response to my analysis. My services are free and a response is the least that can be given. A contribution of any amount to my Kitty Fund would be appreciated but not required.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: car accident dreams

These dreams mean something totally different than I thought they meant, but the meaning you gave is totally true from my early life on. I always wished for a father who I could relate to or who could properly guide me. I don't know if this is related since I really value my independence, but I am unmarried with no intention of getting married. I don't feel like I need anyone in life...maybe due to constantly witnessing my parents arguing or my father making my mother miserable that I often longed to be alone to experience peace and quiet.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present