Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream -Trying to save a Pleco fish!

Hi all
I had a bit of a random dream last night, I don't often have dreams that stick with me, maybe only 3 or 4 in my life (I'm 30) but I've been thinking about this all day

I basically had a pleco fish in the inside zip pocket of my handbag ( it was my normal everyday handbag), it was alive but obviously struggling, i was able to keep getting hold of its 'head' and i could see its little face desperate for breath. I kept getting glasses of water to keep it wet. The fish was a silvery colour, not like the brown/grey colour you normally find with a plec. I was distraught about this poor little fish and even though i know its a dream its really effected me (i dont even like fish!)
That is literally all I really remember, the fish did not die. I have no recollection of where I was or who I was with just the fact I had to save this fish!

Im 30 years old and have 1 child and i am still with my partner of 12 years I work full time.

Hope someone can help as I can't find anything similar 

Thanks in advance xx

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, female, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream -Trying to save a Pleco fish!

jorafc,
The images/actions point to unconscious emotional energies that affect your conscious life. Hidden aspects, locked away either consciously because of prior experiences that can cause emotional upset if acknowledged, or repressed because of the emotional energies from the experiences. The energies seem to be very strong, enough to affect your everyday life. You can not be your true self because of these emotional energies related to past experiences. Those past experiences could be from childhood {where the foundations to your psyche and personality were formed} and/or negative experiences later in life that can cause emotional stress. The last line of the dream {
I was distraught about this poor little fish/it really affected me} could point to childhood aspects, probably yours but also could relate to some other experience involving a child.

This is my interpretation of the images/actions from your dream. I normally do this with most dreams to provide insights to how I came to my analysis. It also may help with understanding the emotional energies from the dream.

To better understand how dreams function {using Jungian psychology} I direct you to my page A Simple Gide to Dreams

-pleco fish-a part of yourself that is hidden and is feeds on your unconscious emotions
-zip pocket of handbag-aspects that are locked/hidden away
-everyday handbag-affects your normal self
-alive but struggling-struggling to cope with hidden issues/emotions
-hold of its head/desperate to breathe-mental aspects that need to be brought out
-glasses of water to keep it wet-emotions that continue to affect you
-silvery color/not normal color-emotional aspects that cause you not to be yourself

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa/Soace Coast, Fla

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Built the Site/Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present