Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Dream (it seems)

About two months ago I had the following dream:

I was in some research lab that was attached to some morgue. I was with work colleagues (in reality I don't work in a morgue and I don't know who those "colleagues" are). We were examining a mask that had been molded to a dead man, but removed from his face. We discovered that certain parts of the mask did not correspond to the face of the dead man, as if there had been modifications to the mask. We were puzzled. The modified part were hard bumps. The mask was painted in white, and I noticed that a part of the mask was not painted, a part of the left side of the mask.

We are then examining the face of the cadaver, which is in an adjascent room. At one point it becomes very small and somebody detaches the face from the body and shows it to another colleague back in the room where we were originally examining the mask. He shows the detached face, it is as small as the tip of a thumb.

I'm still in the room with the cadaver, which was inserted into a wall like they do in morgues. And I have a vision of what happened to the man upon which a mask had been molded. He is standing and a giant creature, like 7 feet tall and somewhat looking like a preying mantis but with a monstrous face, sticks to his back and bites him somewhere between the shoulder and the neck, thereafter mutating with the man: a hybrid between the man and creature. He seems to have wings like a butterfly or mothman. I then reflect that this is what transformed the mask.

Suddenly, I am this mutant. Me and my colleagues need to escape the building because we are pursued, ran after. Once outside we are in some jeep vehicle and go through a forest. We then come down the vehicle and discuss which direction to walk. We take different directions from each other, and I decide to take the direction where there's a vertical rocky slope, basically like a mountain. It is very high. I jump and climb it down easily (kindda like spiderman) and my colleagues say "who is he to be able to do that?" I realize that I have powers gained from my mutation with the huge insect/creature.

When I arrive down the mountain there's a lake. I jump on a boat, then in the water and swim toward the shore opposite side of the mountain. Then I U-turn when I see police cars on the shore. I swim while lying on my back, just under the surface of the water. It all feels exciting and fun.

Suddenly, I'm in a completely different setting, some kind of amusement parc. I want (or have to) leave this place but for a reason I can't remember, the plans of the parc managers change and we are under obligation to stay. They transform into a show the presence of a huge snake that's in the water (some artificial lake like I've seen in amusement parcs). The giant snake comes out, in, out of the water in an ondulating motion, like Chinese dragons. There are Chinese lanterns surrounding the lake. The emotion I feel as I look at the scene, especially the giant snake, is Awe. End of dream.

This dream occurred when I was preparing to make a very difficult decision in my life; to let go of something I was very attached to in order to live more accordingly to my spiritual path (I practice Buddhism). As I wrote this dream, I had an association to the left side of the mask not being painted: When I meditate and start getting quite concentrated, I will typically experience quick pulsing sensations on the left side of my face, especially at the temple area. These quick pulsing sensations are sign posts for me that I'm getting concentrated.

Thank you,

Ben

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39/male, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Big Dream (it seems)

Ben,
I'll provide an analysis of your dream on Friday. Because it is a long dream I will need time to properly analyze it. I have several short dreams I need to work with {a lot less time involved with shorter dreams}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa/Soace Coast, Fla

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Built the Site/Forum

Ben,
I am working on your dream and thus far I do see the dream reflecting a transformation. Let me provide my interpretation of the first few paragraphs so you can study those {I interpret then images and actions to get my final analysis}. For is the dream paragraph then my interpretation. Perhaps from this you will be able to arrive at an understanding of the dream. I will continue to work on the whole dream.

I was in some research lab that was attached to some morgue. I was with work colleagues (in reality I don't work in a morgue and I don't know who those "colleagues" are). We were examining a mask that had been molded to a dead man, but removed from his face. We discovered that certain parts of the mask did not correspond to the face of the dead man, as if there had been modifications to the mask. We were puzzled. The modified part were hard bumps. The mask was painted in white, and I noticed that a part of the mask was not painted, a part of the left side of the mask.

-research lab attached to morgue-examining a transformation of parts that are dead
-work with colleagues-working with psychological aspects
-examining mask/molded to dead man-searching for aspects that are hidden seeking to exposed dead parts
-removed from his face-not recognized by conscious ego
-parts of mask not correspond to dead man-dead aspects that are not known
-modifications to mask-altering ego persona
-mod. part had hard bumps-strong collision
-painted in white/part not painted-parts that are proper/parts that are exposed/known
-left side of mask-creative/spiritual aspects

We are then examining the face of the cadaver, which is in an adjascent room. At one point it becomes very small and somebody detaches the face from the body and shows it to another colleague back in the room where we were originally examining the mask. He shows the detached face, it is as small as the tip of a thumb.

-examining face in adjacent room-exploring ago aspects attached to other aspects
-becomes very small-not readily known
-someone detaches face from body/shows to colleague-disconnected from ego/becoming conscious

I'm still in the room with the cadaver, which was inserted into a wall like they do in morgues. And I have a vision of what happened to the man upon which a mask had been molded. He is standing and a giant creature, like 7 feet tall and somewhat looking like a preying mantis but with a monstrous face, sticks to his back and bites him somewhere between the shoulder and the neck, thereafter mutating with the man: a hybrid between the man and creature. He seems to have wings like a butterfly or mothman. I then reflect that this is what transformed the mask.

-still in room with cadaver-living with/influenced by remains of dead parts
-inserted in wall-constructed barriers to dead parts
-had vision-removing inhibitions to unconscious/hidden aspects
-standing/giant creature/7 ft tall/preying mantis-assertive energies that are destructive/controlling/cause conflict
-sticks to back-unconscious aspects
-bites between shoulder and neck-vulnerabilities to shouldering energies between mental/physical self
-mutating man-drastic changes to self
-hybrid between man/creature-unconscious aspects influencing changes you need to confront/recognize/understand
-wings like butterfly/mothman-freedom to transform
-transformed the mask-what will transform consciousness

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa/Soace Coast, Fla

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Built the Site/Forum

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39/male, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

stats from 7-14-10 to the present