Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cupboards, model house, frosting, grandparents, coat

This was an independent counselor I saw an ad for in a nonprofessional newspaper. I really didn't like her personality before she hypnotised me... if she even hypnotized me.

I had a dream about my father last night, but it was short.

My sister and I were on couches facing each other on opposite sides of the family room watching TV while my father was sitting in the kitchen eating. In real life, my father usually watched TV from the kitchen table while he was eating so he was paying attention to what was on the TV. This was a video showcasing all the highlights of this adolescent boy's first sexual moments with girls (I can't recall if it was the same boy character or several boy characters, but it was taken from the same TV series or movie). My sister watched it intently, while I was bored or distracted. I thought the video was cheesy. I don't know why I dreamed that I wanted to remove unwanted body hair from my breasts, but my father could see me from the kitchen and I needed privacy. So, I was waiting for him to leave the kitchen. I was focused more on that than the video. I decided to cover my breasts with a bathrobe or some type of blanket to hide them from him so I could remove the hair. At this time, my father got up from the kitchen table and left the room or area. He said something before he left, but I couldn't either hear him or forgot it when I woke up. I continued removing the hair.

Disinterested is probably a better word than bored when watching the video.

Anonymous,
This dream seems to be focusing on the issues with your father and the attitudes you have developed from those experiences. The issue of privacy looks to be the primary issue. There could also be issues with men in general because of the relationship with your father. Personal privacy may be a part those issues as well. These attitudes need to be understood and the negatives need to be resolved because they do have motivating energies in your life. These are important issues not only because of the privacy aspects but also because they do involve foundational attitudes involving men.

Having said that there could be deeper issues that involve your father. The dream only hints that these possibilities, the robe/blanket covering your breasts possibly pointing to repressed/hidden aspects {robe/blanket covering up these issues}. The comments involving 'the highlights of this adolescent boy's first sexual moments with girls' could hint at sexual issues. But it is not clearly stated in the dream {as analyzed}.

Do you have a sister? The dream states you are facing each other on opposites sides. Are there issues where you and your sister disagree or is this purely symbolic language {if you don't have a sister}.

Here is my interpretation of the images/actions

-sister and on couches facing each other on opposing sides of family room
^^confronting shadow conflicts related to feminine aspects/finding resolution
^^opposing views with sister related to family issues
-watching tv-aspects you are currently thinking about/motivate your life
-while father was sitting in kitchen eating-emotional healing related with father/issues that are eating at you {unconsciously motivating conscious attitudes}
-video showcasing highlights of adolescent boy's first sexual moments with girls
^^aspects from past focusing on developing inner masculine attitudes toward females
^^related to real life experiences?
-sister watched intently-unconscious shadow self awareness
-while I was bored/distracted-conscious self indifferent/unaware
-video was cheesy-unpleasant past experiences
-wanted to remove unwanted body hair from breasts-bringing to consciousness aspects related to physical nourishment/bringing out unconscious mental thoughts
-father could see me from kitchen/needed privacy-developed unconscious masculine attitudes
-I needed privacy-aspects that need to be exposed/attitudes related to personal privacy
-waiting for him to leave kitchen-bringing unconscious attitudes to conscious understanding
-more focused on that than video-more focused on current developed attitudes than what caused them/earlier past experiences
-decide to cover breasts with robe/blanket to hide them from him-unconscious issues that are hidden from consciousness
-so I could remove hair-remove unconscious attitudes
-father got up from kitchen table/left room-leaving developed masculine related to needed nourishment/lacking these aspects
-he said something before he left-past experiences that left an impression

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, I have a sister. She is very unforgiving about the past while I'm just trying to forgive and forget.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present