Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A re-occurring dream in which I die (brutally) but save my loved ones...

Francisco,
Without a complete dream it is nearly impossible to provide a competent analysis of your dream I will provide my thoughts on the images and actions and their possible applications/meaning.

First we must understand that all dreams have at least two applications {meaning}. This dream is probably addressing experiences that involved recent experiences where there were strong emotional energies that were/are in conflict. Most dreams will do this, using the images/actions in symbolic/metaphorical terms to point to the emotional experiences. Good chance there were recent experiences that involve your 'loved ones' {assuming these are family/relationships} where you felt something was threatening the tranquility of those relationships {your dreams are about your emotions and everyone else is either an aspect or/and a very close relationship}. These feelings may be from an outside source or could even come from your actions {you may have done something or felt like doing something to a member relationship}. Looking at your submission form I can gather there are inner emotional energies that could cause such actions. But I would need to know more about you personally to really get an understanding of these possible aspects.

The second application would involve the deeper energies that motivate your life and personality. Normally I look to early life experiences/influences {especially early childhood} to ascertain what those might be. But because your submission form includes a lot about personal experiences when you were serving in the military a good chance those experiences are very relevant to any emotional conflicts you have {that need resolution}. Dying in a dream more often than not represents changes in your life or/and personality {death to one aspect}. Any personal associations as mentioned above would be included in these deeper energies but the more important issue would be what motivates you to feel you are under attack and impressions of dying. Being in war or combat could present lingering reasons for such emotions but what the dream is trying to communicate is unresolved issues/conflicts that still reside within your psyche. If there are issues related to your time in the military those could have 'changed' you {death} and left feelings of being under attack. The American people in your dream would be both actual defense of your nation as well as your total inner self that identifies with the 'American' way of life. The foreign entity would be who you fought while in the military. But that time has past and while the emotional aspects still remain their energies have become an inner source of reality {unconscious}. You are fighting something within yourself that is not usual or normal, a foreign aspect that threatens who you are/were. You have to find ways to manage and anger or emotional conflict. You are tortured by something or some past experience, imprisoned by these feelings. The death would represent changes from experiences and probably a need to find ways to 'change' again so to not to have to endure these inner conflicts. You have to strive to keep yourself safe emotionally because something that you have experienced changed you {die at the end}. The injuries are real but they are psychological injuries. You still have a feel for what caused this 'death', the smell, taste and feelings. The physical sensations remain within your psyche due to the emotional energies you experienced while in the military.

To cover the bases, and to touch on what is always an aspect that possesses emotional energies, there are likely issues related to childhood the dream is addressing also. Emotional conflicts from early experiences in life are the focus of most dreams since it is from our beginnings and foundations our personalities and personal attitudes have their roots. Your way of life during the early years may have had reasons for continuing conflicts about family, life, adult emotions. Clarity about these possibilities would require further and continuing research {psychological}. You will continue to have these type dreams as long as the issues remain, whether from your time in the military or/and early life issues.

Again a complete dream would be better to have to truly provide a proper analysis. Take what I have provided and let me know your thoughts. We may be able to gain new insights from this info. Dreams are nature's tool to help resolve emotional conflicts. One dream is merely a beginning in that process.

Dreams are to the psyche as the immune system is to the body

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present