Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hotel, church, banquet reception

Anonymous,
I don't necessarily believe the dream is saying you need to have a relationship with your family. It is pointing to the conflict you have with your family and finding a way to resolve that. If possible a good relationship would be desirable but outside that finding a way to overcome the past experiences with your family and putting that in order is the prime message of the dream. The conflict is from both past and present experiences. It is the past experiences that helped form your personality and personal attitudes. Resolving the negatives in those personal aspects will bring about a better personal life. The primary function of dreams is to show what is out of balance in a person's life so they can understand what they are and find ways to resolve the issues. Therapy may help, an avenue that could help resolve the issues with family without having the positive relationship that is impossible.

As for the spiritual aspects. The impressions you have about the priests, the nuns and the church in general are the reason for their inclusion in the dream. It is a conflict that seeks resolution. Your attitude isn't wrong, in fact it is pretty much how I felt about religion until I found my true calling and found a spiritual ground in nature {Karma and the laws of nature-cause and effect}. Religious dogma isnt true spirituality unless you abide by the rules of what is naturally right opposed to what the church {created by man} says is right. Jesus is the example and when you live how he directs you you have reached a higher level of consciousness that puts you in accord with natural law. This is Buddha consciousness, the higher level within oneself that follows a true spiritual path. A good, loving person doesn't need religion, they need only to follow the soul and be the best person they can be. Not only toward other people but also toward other creatures/animals and nature itself. I believe nature has mechanisms that reward a person for being good and right and penalizes a person for misdeeds and doing wrong. What goes around comes around, naturally {what happens to you in life is more often caused by your own actions and not just random good/bad luck}. Here are two pages from my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website that may help in understanding the natural laws Parallel Sayings of Jesus and Buddha and NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRITUALITY. The first gives a sense of the commonality between Jesus and the Buddha and the second shows how nature is important in spirituality. All religions are myths {exaggerated truths} and the symbolic references in religion are just that. Symbolic.
It is not what you believe, it is what you do that determines your spiritual worth.

As for your niece and her/your personality. Medications do alter personality but there are a lot of similarities between the two of you. This is why she is a part of your dream. The important aspect is 'why you were so quiet and/or too anxious' as a child. Because you obtained these characteristics as a child they have carried over into adult life. Look back at your childhood and try to determine why you have this type personality. Parents are a big part of the reason but the specific experiences are what are important. Were there any traumatic or memorable experiences that stayed with you? The experience with your brother's friend is one that would fit. Examine that experience as well as the bullying and any other experience with him there may have been. Something emotional happened that made you retain these memories.

The bullying is common for personalities that are shy and to themselves. Surely this had an affect on you and helped shape your personality and attitudes. Again the early life experiences/influences, especially the first early years in life are most important {the first 3 years are when the psych is most influenced and personality has pretty much been shaped by age 9}. Understanding why you are the person you are is important in resolving issues of personality. Your personality is who you are and goes with you in every experience in life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present