Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
light behind a door

Hi, when I was about 8-10 years old I used to have a dream very often, where I was in a place like a hospital, came out of a door onto a corridor and then realised there were 2 skeleton nurses behind me, trying to take me back to that room. I saw a door at the end of the corridor and knew that if I open it in time, then there will be bright light and I will be saved. Some nights I would reach it and the light would save me. At other times I haven't reached it in time and the skeleton nurses got me. One night, I got angry in the dream. I had enough time to open the door but instead, I turned around and started chasing the nurses. I wasn't scared anymore - I had enough! I never had that dream again. Can anyone interpret it for me?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: light behind a door

Katarina,
What makes these dreams different are the ages you had them as well as the fact they ended. The emotional issues involved would have occurred {dreams are about the psych and/or emotional energies} prior to the age you had the dreams. The difficulty is what issues are the dreams attempting to communicate. I've broken down the images/actions to see what comes from that. Here is the interpretation of the images/actions.

-hospital-a place of healing
-came out of door into corridor-unconscious aspects entering into subconscious/a transition
-realized there were 2 skeleton nurses behind me-perceiving unconscious aspects related to inner structure that requires care
-trying to take me back to room-inner self attempting to 'recollect' unknown aspects
-door at end of corridor-subconsciously opening up to unrealized aspects
-open it in time/would be bright light/be saved-realized aspects about self that brings conscious enlightenment
-haven't reached it in time/skeleton nurses got me-anxieties related to inner healing structure that have control
-got angry-inner frustrations
-started chasing nurses-consciously seeking healing
-I had enough-end of inner anxieties/frustrations

The first thought would be to look for negative experiences in your life that occurred prior to ages 8-10. The dream is almost always addressing issues from the past although they could peer into the future {more about that later}. Something would have happened to you, a negative experience, that would require emotional healing {dreams are about the emotional energies within us}. There was also a time prior to the ages 8-10 you would have a had a opportunity to realize what this experience was but you may have repressed them into your unconscious {skeletons in your closet}. Something caused you to to not dream or think about this/these negative experiences {until now} which may point to repressing them. This would be the most logical explanation for this type dream. The light behind the door would be conscious enlightenment to what was in the process of being repressed, something that failed and was pushed deeper into the unconscious.

The other possibility {peering into the future} but one that is less likely because it would involve 'metaphysical' aspects. In this scenario you would possess a 'talent' or ability that is within the inner reaches of the soul, creative, spiritual, metaphysical {beyond the normal physical self}. It could be there is a 'metaphysical'** aspect you possess that was lost or repressed early in life {the material world took control, a usual thing with most people}. To help explain this possibility I will point to my own experiences {but much later in life}. You may possess extra-ordinary skills you may not be aware of.

Prior to discovering Jungian psychology and my abilities to understand dreams I was a sports nut and political junkie, indulging like most people in the material world of things and responsibilities. Then I suddenly discovered I did have the ability to interpret dreams and possessed a natural inclination to understand Jungian psyche {see About Jerry for the details}. My life's direction changed within one hour and I have been on that path ever since {24 years}.

There is the possibility your young psyche was on the verge of realizing your special abilities, your true natural self but for reasons not known you took a different direction {which would be natural since that is what society pushes us to do-live in an outer material world and not the creative world within}. It could be there was experiences you were involved with prior to ages 8-10 that pointed to metaphysical aspects, either spiritual or/and creative. You could possess special skills as I do or you may have great inclinations to live a creative life. But this was not/has not been developed and something ended that direction in your life {by the ages 8-10}. This would be an alternative possibility to the dream But I do sense a possibility {I rely on senses when analyzing dreams}. Do you possess such skills/talents? You may not consciously realize it but if you give some real thought to it the talents may surface and change your life.

Summary
The first explanation of the dream is usually a fit for most people. Were there any negative experiences prior to ages 8-10 that you may have repressed because of the emotional pain it would cause? If not consider the second possibility. The light behind the door may be the inner light leading to your true self {corridors are passage ways between the unconscious and conscious knowing}. Not be scared anymore either is due to pushing something so deep into the unconscious where it is hidden from conscious thought, or it is because you have tapped into that special ability that is your true self {Jungian theory is the creative/spiritual aspect is who we really are}

-------------------------------------------
**metaphysical-by metaphysical I mean something most would describe as being beyond the norm or real possibility. But in reality the metaphysical aspect is either spiritual in nature or/and a creative aspect. It is the greater Self beyond the normal self and its limitations forced by society and requirements in the material world.
-------------------------------------------

Post a response and any other details you feel important to the dream and your childhood.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thank you for the interpretation. I can't remember there being any bad experience leading to (what seemed at the time) such a terrible dream. I was,however, a lot more spiritual at that age. I would often dream about Jesus and angels and had a feeling that I'm here to make the world a better place. As i grew older, I became more 'normal' and stopped believing. I feel like I'm waking up again now, which is why I remembered this dream and wanted it interpreted. Thank you :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katerina,
Your renewed interest in spirituality may be the reason you are now remembering the dream. Dreams at an early age are often unlike adult dreams since there was little if any real emotional 'baggage' in your life. The religious experience became a conflict and could be represented by the skeletons that needed healing/nurses {at least one anyways}. Being saved may have been associated with religious dogma but could have represented being saved from the dogma as well. Once you felt secure in not being controlled by the religious stuff you were able to chase it away. Of course this is as much conjecture since it is a child dream and one you had many years ago. Hopefully the experience you are now experiencing with renewed spirituality is more spiritual than religious. There is a big difference.

The only thing left unanswered {assuming I am correct about the spiritual associations} is what was the other skeleton that was chasing you? It may have been something to do with guilt which in turn may have be related to the religious experiences. Getting to a proper analysis of the dream would take much more in-depth knowledge of your personal life as a child and more dreams which can be analyzed. Dreams are about emotional conflicts and attempt to help the dreamer resolve the issues. I don see associations to the childhood religious experiences and your renewed interest in spirituality. Looking back at your childhood and the religious experiences help bring up old/new memories from that time. If you other dreams related to this one {not unusual} then post it and let me analyze it. It may provide new info.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present