Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
waiting for email message

There may be more details to this dream that I don't remember, but the brief information I remember could be important.

My family was gathered in the famil room at my mom's house. My niece was expecting an email or message that she didn't receive. I somehow knew about this (not sure if she told me about it in the dream or what). My niece went upstairs to check her email and was excited to find the email she was waiting for. She didn't see it for some time so maybe it was in her spam mail. I'm not sure if this was a job opporutnity she was hoping for, but somehow the email subject turned into something related to high school. I guess she submitted an opt-out type of letter to keep her off the classmate list or not keep in touch with alumni. The principal or whoever received the letter sent it back with signatures and nice messages written to her by all the classmates. In other words, her private opt-out letter became public. When she handed me a printout copy of the email, I was moved by all the nice messages and thought my classmates would never do that for me. I might have announced to the family members when i went downstairs that she finally received the message.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Re: waiting for email message

I don't if this triggered the dream. Last night I thought about my niece wondering if a career book I was reading would help her figure out if she selected the right major in college. She is in college and close to graduating although she was near the end of high school in my dream.

Re: waiting for email message

Anonymous,
I see a clear meaning in this dream {at least in one area}. The dream is addressing two aspects in your life {as all dreams do}. One would be with recent experiences with family at Christmas and the other would be opening up to the need to understand why you have particular attitudes {the clear meaning}. The former probably has associations with posting your dreams for public 'inspection' {at Dream Forum} and seeking analysis/interpretations {submitting opt-out letter subject related to school}. The experiences with family partly focus on how your nieces are acting like your siblings as well as as your finally giving up on trying to form a relationship with someone who isn't interested. Overall I see the dream as positive because you have begun the process of seeking answers to emotional energies related to past experiences you have forgotten/ignored/repressed {submitted an opt-out letter/keep off list in touch with alumni}. The principle sent back signatures with nice messages from classmates would represent your principle self discovering positive results related to these past experiences. You are finding answers by investigating unconscious aspects {when I went downstairs}. You are finding answers by investigating your dreams. The niece going upstairs represents looking for conscious answers to unconscious issues as well as your niece's actions in real life {nieces acting in same manner as siblings}. I believe you will see associations in the rest of the dream in my interpretation of the images and actions {listed below}. The low self esteem is something you share with your niece is a 'principle' issue you are trying to resolve {principle sent back with nice messages from classmates}. You are making positive moves in seeking answers, looking to your unconscious dreams for those answers.

Images/Action Interpreted
-family gathered in mom's family room-emotions related to family members-whole self, emotions, complexes
-niece expecting message not received-not knowing of unconscious energies/niece sharing experiences
-niece went upstairs-looking for conscious answers to unconscious issues as well as niece's actions in real life
-check e-mail/excited to find awaited e-mail-checking for answers/finding anticipated answers
-in spam mail-info you consciously did not know about or think important
-not sure job opportunity hoping for-seeking fulfillment but not sure how/where to find it
-subject related to school-info related to learning more about your emotional self
-submitted an opt-out letter/keep off list in touch with alumni-submitting info about self to find answers related to past experiences you have forgotten/ignored/repressed
-principle sent back with nice messages from classmates-principle self discovering positive results related to past experiences
-private opt-out letter became public-unconscious aspects becoming conscious/private personal info becoming public
-moved by nice messages-positively affected by actions
-thought classmates would never do that-old associations becoming consciously producing positive affects
-announced it to family members-conscious actions that affects whole self
-when went downstairs-finding answers by investigating unconscious aspects

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present