Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: photo

My father was overwhelmingly controlling.

Anonymous,
There it is. Your desire to be in control of your life stems from childhood and experiences and influences from the environment you grew up. What drives is the unconscious energies related to your childhood. This is all so common, we all are products of early life experiences and influences. It was once thought that infants and toddlers were born with a blank slate and had little capacity to learn. Now we know {scientifically} that even in the earliest years of life {even in the womb} the psyche picks up on its surrounding environment and stores it for future reference. The early life experiences become motivators for personality and personal attitudes throughout life. Unless the negative aspects are realized and resolved, they take control of conscious actions and unconsciously drive the person. As much common sense as it is anything. Especially since we do now know that the infant's psyche is capable of learning more in this stage of life than perhaps any other. This is from raisingchildren.net- Child Development: The First Five Years

The first five years of a child’s life are critical for development. The experiences children have in these years help shape the adults they will become. More than anything else, your relationship with your child shapes the way your child learns and develops.

Then there is Jung's archetypes. Just as all living things come with a set guide of instructions in life, so too do all humans. The turtle knows from instinctive drive to go directly to the water upon hatching. The new born infant's first inclination is to be held at the mother's breast for nourishment and security. Archetypes generally serve as composites or standardized templates of what a certain role or identity is or, conversely, should be. When this is not provided the unconscious energies that come with birth begin to sense an imbalance of what is natural. It is to the determent of the growth of the child when these expected experiences in conscious life are withheld or non-existent. The psyche begins life with a negative presence and remains that way until a resolution is found and provided. For you the father who was over whelming controlling is a motivator for your actions in adult life. Different psyches can react differently from to the same stimuli but in every instance the influences of early life becomes controlling agents for later life actions. Not a strange concept once you understand the human psyche{ology}.

I'll comment more either later today or tomorrow {have another dream to analyze}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66

I don't know why I would have this dream about the doctor now. I haven't seen him recently. Does this dream have anything to do with my desire to become a doctor since I have been thinking more about it lately.

Becky,
Any experience that possesses more than normal emotional energies and presents some type of inner conflict is capable of being a topic in your dreams. I don't believe this dream is primarily about this doctor as it is about inner masculine issues. The experience with this doctor stimulated past unresolved emotions that need your attention. The issue of controlling men is the primary theme from the dream.

As for your question about being a doctor. If it is an emotional issue {thinking about something you truly desire would be an emotional issue} it will come up at sometime in your dreams until the issue is resolved. It could be your desire to be a doctor but believing it was impossible because of the length of time it takes to do so restricts your ability could play into the equation. If it is a great desire, one the soul desires, that makes it even more of an emotional issue. We all have 'epic' desires that go to the core of our creative and spiritual self. Mine is working and analyzing dreams {I have always been interested in psychology but never took action about it until I was 42 and began my journey in study/learning Jungian psyche}. Being a topic of thought alone is enough to make it a subject in your dreams but not as the primary topic but as a resource related to your past relationship with this male doctor and the issue of control.

One other aspect of the dream, one that seems to be related to your desires of becoming a doctor but still addressing the need for inner healing {related to the issue of controlling males/masculine-anima aspects}. The dream ends with a 'stipulation'. The dream language, "Then, the dream might have changed to me having my own medical practice on the top floor of the same building he worked in" points to changes within you. Your own medical practice on the surface would seem to be about being a doctor and could be addressing needed changes in attitude to do so {overcoming the obstacle of time to become a doctor}. But I still see this as a part of the message about inner healing. Your own medical practice would be your need to heal yourself. What you can not do is "not to bump into him in the building". That would be statement of fact in your opinion about this particular doctor. But the building is symbolic of your physical and mental self and would point to the need to not let the issue of controlling masculine aspects get in your way of healing {as well as actually becoming a doctor}. Dreams contain literal representations of actual waking life people and experiences. But the primary language is symbolic and metaphorical. You have to go to the symbolic representation to understand the true message of any dream. The literal representations are a part of the dream message but the underlying emotional energies are related to those issues as well as the deeper issues represented by the symbolic meaning/application. In your Dream Submission for you mention having contact with plastic surgeons which would suggest you have had deep thoughts on the subject of becoming a doctor. The dream message is two fold {as are all dreams}. Your negative opinion of this doctor may have played into your desire of becoming a doctor. Secondly this doctor would represent the inner issues of controlling men {as was the early life experience with your 'overwhelmingly' controlling father which is the foundations your psyche carries the rest of your life}. The experience with this doctor illustrates the early life experience and because you have again begun to think about becoming a doctor your dream would take of the matter pointing to all the issues and experiences in your contemplating in becoming a doctor.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66

stats from 7-14-10 to the present