Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new house

I prefer to hang around woman because they don't judge your looks on a scale from 1-10. For example, women usually wouldn't comment that another woman looks worse without makeup because they know they themselves look better with makeup. But a guy may say something like she's not a 10 without makeup (not to imply that I'm a 10). For this reason, I don't feel like I'm being judged by women for how I look. I could dress in my PJs, sweats, you name it in front of them. However, I prefer how many guy don't gossip about other things like women do. I don't like talking gossip. In my experience, male friends ignore me or drop me as soon as they start dating someone. So, this makes it seem like a temporary relationship which can't grow. I also wasn't close with my sister and admire other sisters who are close like best friends so the void could come from there.

May I ask if you have a best friend (not a romantic partner, but a best friend)? I'm just wondering if others get on ok without one. Thanks.

Anonymous,
I have a few good friends but at this stage of life {I'm 66 and single/divorced} I don't have a friend I would call very close {there is a caveat to this I will explain later}. I've never had a lot of close friends and a reason for that may be my own emotional barriers from childhood. I had deep issues from my childhood which caused much consternation in later life. Almost everyone has childhood issues that follow them through life and are the motivating factors for personality and personal attitudes. It is not until these issues are realized and resolved can there be true harmony and happiness in life. I resolved mine through self therapy using Jungian psyche. In doing so I discovered my talent in analyzing dreams {I am an intuitive Jungian, naturally understanding the concepts and theories he espoused}. In retirement I am as happy and grounded as I have ever been.

The caveat. I do have very special friends in my life, 16 of them {see this link Kitty City}. I am a caretaker of cats, something that was 'cast' onto my life when I bought a home in Cocoa, Fl. in 2014. I had been involved with the rescue community {homeless, abandoned cats and dogs} in my home county and have had cats for many years. When I did move to my new location I had four cats. There were several abandoned and feral cats I began to feed and soon was taking care of them full time {spaded and neutered as well as daily feeding and care}. This is my substitute family which fits perfectly with my desire to retire from people contact {I have had a small business for 39 years which required constant people contact and before that I worked as a health codes inspector for 12 years which also required people contact/an overlap of the two positions}. I like people but at a distance. Between taking care of the cats, my dream work and web design {I designed the dream websites linked to this Dream Forum} my life is full. It is not I can not have more friends, I simply choose not to.

So, yes, you do not necessarily need close friends in life. But we all need to find within ourselves a place where we are comfortable with who we are. If not having friends is because of inner emotional conflict, that will not do. It has to be a person has found inner tranquility and peace. With that one can take control of their inner and outer life. Otherwise the unresolved issues will pursue you not only in your dreams {the function of dreams is to help resolve these issues} but as motivating energies that unconsciously control you. The bottom line in finding inner peace is finding the true self and a spiritual {not religious} ground that supports the outer life. My ground is caring for my felines and helping others understand their inner life by analyzing dreams {my services have always been free}. Spirituality and creativity along with a sound resolution of my inner struggles from childhood have been my 'savior'. According to Jungian psyche it is a formula that can work for most everyone. A long difficult path to follow which requires the first step of wanting to find your true self.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66

Thank you for sharing your story. The truth is I think that I prefer to be on my own. The thing that stresses me out about work is people. If I work alone, there's no stress. Maybe I could also apply that to my life. Recently, I attended a Meetup group to try to meet new girlfriends. I was so bored, but I had to act like I was having fun. I knew I would enjoy my own company more. If I think about it, I always have more fun on my own.

Anonymous,
An introverted personality likes to be alone and not among crowds or people, so that is not uncommon. The deeper issues of trusting your instincts as well as trust issues in general seems to be the primary message of the dream. The issue of trust and the reasons for your deeply introverted personality {introvertism is not in itself a learned quality but a part of your DNA}. Trust in men may be an issue. That would likely come from early life experiences. Trusting women is hard for you also. Were there conflict with both parents as a child/early life? Getting to this may help resolve the issues the dream is attempting to communicate.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66

stats from 7-14-10 to the present