Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big house, politicians and guitars.

Anonymous,
Short and simply answer. My sense is the dream is addressing emotional energies related to passion and attitudes toward women. There are conscious attitudes you can not control and may even lead to negative attitudes when it comes to women. I think the defining part of the dream is when Donald Trump appears in the dream along with Hillary Clinton. There may be similar attitudes being addressed. You may be aware of these attitudes but can not or do not wish to make needed changes. There may be aspects of these attitudes that go back to early life training. What was your father's attitude toward women? You may possess similar attitudes which is not unusual {if true} since early life experiences/influences become the foundation for personality and personal attitudes.

Note: With the limited info about your personal life I can only provide an outline of emotional energies and not actual/recent experiences. The outline of the emotional energies usually point to underlying causes for any experiences {including recent experiences}.

I'll post my interpretation/amplification of the images and actions. You may see something within those that help you understand the emotional energies the dream is trying to communicate.

Dream/First Paragraph
Starting out I am at some sort of massive house, very nice place. I am in the back in some sort of social event at one point and end up going up some sort of crowded escalator or stairs. The person immediately in front of me has a guitar that is not in a case. This person is a small women and also has another bag which is green and appears full. She appears to be struggling and is banging the guitar around. I mention that I do not like how she is handling the guitar, not meaning to be rude but not liking that it is being banged around. A person behind me agrees with this sentiment. I feel like I thought the guitar was mine and was going to offer to help but then realize that my guitar is with me and in a black case. While the person continues to struggle I ultimately decide to leave them be.

Interpretations/Amplification of Images and Actions
-massive house/nice place-whole self/agreeable aspects
-back of social event-unconscious collective aspects
-going up crowded escalator/stars-understanding and confronting collective emotional issues
-person in front has guitar/no case-personality aspects/passionate emotions on display
-person is small woman/has green full bag-insignificant feelings but with positive possibilities
-she appears to be struggling/banging guitar-internal conflict related to passion/emotions
-do not like how handling guitar-not adapt in handling emotions/passions
-not like being banged around-not liking emotional attitudes
-person behind me agrees with sentiment-unconscious positive unconscious aspects
-thought guitar was mine-possessing passionate emotions
-guitar was with me in black case-possessing passionate emotions unconsciously driven
-person continues to struggle/leave them be-struggling with emotions but not making any changes

Dream/Second Paragraph
Once inside the house I walk by what feels like the same location twice. The first time Hillary Clinton is talking to a crowd who are seated in bleachers. She is not dressed like her typical self though, but is dressed in overalls and sandals. I walk by the area again and up on a stage and speaking to a much bigger crowd is Donald Trump. Someone next to him states that "Hillary Clinton is dead," and Donald Trump repeats this and the crowd laughs. I do not feel like he was being literal when he said this but was taking some sort of a shot at Hillary. I then find myself in the same area but alone. I notice that there is a door that leads to the back with a lock hanging open. I use this to go into the backyard. I am not sure if going through the door is what led to the scene with the girl/guitars/and stairs or escalator as the order is unclear.

Interpretations/Amplification of Images and Actions
-inside house walk by what feels like same location twice-repeated experiences associated with inner motivations
-Hillary Clinton is talking to crowd seated in bleachers-communicating strong feminine qualities
-she is not dressed like typical self-something other than you are/should be
-dressed in overalls/sandals-careless attitudes/offending qualities
-on stage/speaking to bigger crowd is Donald Trump-personal behavior/vocalizing strong emotions/egotistical attitude
-someone next to him states Hillary is dead-comparing emotions/strong feminine aspects at an end
-Trump repeats this/crowd laughs-overpowering masculine aspects causing inner pressures
-not literal/taking shot-representative attitude causing negative response
-in same area but alone-isolated in sharing similar attitudes
-door leads to back/lock hanging open-denied aspects that are accessible yet ignored
-use this to go into backyard-getting to hidden aspects
-not sure what led to scene-not aware of unconscious energies
-with girl/guitars/stairs-escalator as the order-emotions/passion/movement

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

OK thanks I will read through it and provide a response.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 male virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes Feb 20th.

Mr. Gifford,

Apologizes for the late response.

In regards to women, I certainly like them but have always struggled with starting and maintaining relationships. Growing up I was ashamed of my home life and for that reason actively avoided relationships. In hindsight this has led to much regret and while I did not recognize it for a very long period of time, I am/was emotionally stunted on a certain level.

she appears to be struggling/banging guitar-internal conflict related to passion/emotions ...What I do and what I want to do are two different things.

-person continues to struggle/leave them be-struggling with emotions but not making any changes...Every weekend I say I will change my habits but ultimately I give into temptation and drink.

-she is not dressed like typical self-something other than you are/should be...Not being my ideal self.

I will probably have a little more to say about this shortly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 male virginia

Anonymous,
To address your questions from my analysis.
Dream: she appears to be struggling/banging guitar
Amplification: internal conflict related to passion/emotions

Your question: What I do and what I want to do are two different things?
Answer: Your recognition for why you were emotionally stunted is a big first step in resolving this issue. Internal conflicts more often than not begin in early life with the experiences during those years becoming motivators for personality and personal attitude. Few people realize/know this. Dreams are nature's tool to help bring these conflicts out so the dreamer does understand why they act/react to certain experiences in life {yours is primarily relationships} where there are emotional conflict. You can't resolve an issue unless you know what they are. Understanding your problem with starting and maintaining relationships allows you to take steps to change what was imprinted on your psyche during childhood. Looking back at relationships and the people involved during the early years will provide insights to the reasons. The saying, like parents like child holds true. It is very likely you are imitating one or both your parents when it comes to this conflict.

Dream: person continues to struggle/leave them be
Amplification: struggling with emotions but not making any changes
Your comments: Every weekend I say I will change my habits but ultimately I give into temptation and drink.

This is typical. The source of your emotional conflict is so ingrained in your psyche you have to find substitutes or ways to conceal the emotions. It takes great strength to make the needed changes. One avenue that Jung offered was finding the creative aspect within yourself and through that let the emotional pain drain away by focusing on the positive aspects of the creative self {if not creative then some project or goal you feel important to your life}. Spirituality is another avenue although religion can be as damaging as the intended cure if the focus is on converting instead of remedying the problem. Of course the best way is psychological therapy.

Dream:
she is not dressed like typical self-
Amplification: something other than you are/should be...Not being my ideal self
Your comment: Not being my ideal self

Exactly. You are unable to be your idea self because of the unconscious emotional energies. You know the major problem, you now need to better understand why and how to make the changes necessary so you can be that idea self. You can never be whole, have a productive life until you resolve the inner issues. We all have issues.

The issue you are dealing with is 'massive' which likely points to not only deep seeded energies from early life. The 'house' is nice, the house is you and being nice is probably a statement of your overall person. The social event may be pointing to a particular aspect of your early life {and how it affects you in social events as an adult} in dealing with community and relationships. It is also your 'collective' experiences, the negatives that are at the foundations to the issue with relationships.

As for the return to drinking. The amplification of the ending of the dream suggests there may still be something hidden that needs to come out. repressed experiences such as psychological or/and physical abuse {beyond what we have discussed}. This is re-enforced by several images and actions at the ending of the dream. Spend some great time in examining those early years and see what comes up. It is always a good thing to revisit early life because for everyone there is something 'hidden' {in mythology there is often that 'one hidden thing' that is key to the story}. Knowing what is unknown, what has been forgotten or repressed, once realized may be the key to resolving a prime issue associated with your emotional conflicts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present