Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dog bit off my hair

I'm not sure if my post went through so I may be repeating myself if it did go through. I was saying that although my brother and mother may have tried to avoid making waves by not speaking up to my sister when she's disrespectful, they are making waves with me by allowing it. My sister is closer to my brother than I am (if you call it close) since I don't attend all the family functions like her. My brother is only focused on his own kids or not our family, but I don't blame him since I'd probably devote all my attention to my own kids if I had them. He seems so unreachable, though. There's just no one I can reach like I was easily able to reach my grandparents. No one cares.

Re: dog bit off my hair

Anonymous,
From your response I believe the dream title and my amplification of its meaning states what the dream is trying to communicate. An 'inner drive to change personal attitudes' which would be the natural desire of the human psyche.The inner drive is reflected in your 'outer' search for a therapist to help sort through the personality conflicts which were ingrained in you from your childhood experiences and influences. With a strong grandmother who sought to mediate the tensions between siblings and a willful mother who enabled each of you to treat each other with disrespect, a strong emotional conflict was formed during your early years of life. Each of you {siblings} came away with dysfunctional attitudes toward one another which likely manifested into other personality issues. Resolving these issues will take deep introspection and a prolonged therapy.

As for your mother being a part of the dream, she is. The unresolved issues mainly come from her {she has/had issues as a child and examining those may provide insights}. Although she is not named specifically her influences on you as an adult have taken hold. My sense is the 'dog that died' only to show up in the form of a puppy is a reference to your mother as the 'dog' and you as the puppy {adult dog died, somehow in puppy form-loss of positive aspects, experiences that are now being revived}. Your experiences with her have manifested into your personal attitudes, her influences are yours in they have caused these emotional issues as an adult {this would be one application of the dog/puppy images}.

As for your brother you state there was a positive relationship early on that have turned sour in adulthood {brother was sitting on couch to left side-passive relationship with brother}. At one time in life the relationship was close but he drifted away as an older adolescent which now has become an emotional issue that needs to be resolved. He is now behaving as your sister did early on {one moment he laughed at something sister was doing-a need for release of insecurities related to masculine aspects/brother}. The early life ingrained experiences as a child are now a part of your personal life and the shared experiences with your siblings are emotional energies each of you now live with {puppy did get to me-indulging in shared attitudes}. Now you are 'shouldering the issues' {I cuddled it on my shoulder-shouldering emotional issues} and seeking help from a therapist to help resolve the issues {seeking a therapist is a very positive action on your part}. S
'Sorting things out' is your present desire and thought process {started chewing on my hair-sorting/thinking things out}. The dream ends which indicates this is where you are now {or was at the time of the dream}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present