Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dark alley

Marsha,
First let me state that because I know so little about you {age and gender} I am only to sense the outline of emotional energies the dream is attempting to communicate. After amplifying the images and actions in your dream I do sense there are patterns of emotional energies that prevent you from living your life fully and in harmony. There does seem to be repression of some aspects that cause these patterns of emotions and emotional behavior. There is a great need to resolve the issues if you are to find harmony and true happiness in life. As to what these issues are would require more personal information. You may want to consider submitting a Dream Submission Form. Any information you provide in it is in strict confidence.

Here is my amplification of the images and actions from your dream. After that is a summary of a possible scenario the dream may be trying to communicate. Again this is limited because of a lack or personal information but it may provide insights to your emotional state of mind which you may not be fully aware.

Amplification of Images and Actions
Dream Title: Dark alley
-walled in emotions/situation with limited options

Dream
I was in my car in a dark alley and the car was in neutral. When I tried reaching for the clutch my hand went numb and I couldn't change gears to put the car in park. The car kept rolling and it finally stopped when it hit a brick building. The crash was nothing major. The air bags didn't even come out but for some reason, I began to hyperventilate and felt unable to breathe. I grabbed for my phone that was in the passenger seat and got out the car. Still trying to catch my breath, someone comes along and covers my head as if trying to kidnap me. I whisper 911 to my phone and force myself to wake up from the nightmare.

-in my car-in a pattern of emotional behavior
-in a dark alley-walled in emotions/situation with limited options
-car was in neutral-not making any progress
-car kept rolling-emotions continue to control you
-it finally stopped when it hit a brick building-going into a defensive mold in an attempt to end emotional conflict/repression
-crash was nothing major-unable to take emotional conflict seriously
-air bags did not come out-not having proper defensive mechanisms
-began to hyperventilate/unable to breath-feeling emotionally exhausted/taking all of your energy
-grabbed my phone that was in passenger seat-unable to confront/not in control of emotions
-got out of car-getting away from direction you are going
-trying to catch my breath-a need to find emotional energy
-someone comes along and covers my head-not thinking rationally
-as if to kidnap me-feeling restricted/repression
-I whisper 911 to my phone-afraid to ask for help
-force myself to wake up from nightmare-forcing yourself to confront emotional conflicts/issues

Summary of amplified images/actions
You are governed by a pattern of emotional behavior with limited options causing walled in emotions. You are unable to properly progress in your life because you can not control these emotional patterns. Your can not control your emotions because of the unconscious emotional energies. You are constantly in a defensive mold because you lack proper mechanisms. This cause emotional if not physical exhaustion which prevents you to make progress in your life {in personal growth if not other personal endeavors}. Unconsciously you are controlled by emotional energies and need to resolve the issues so to get be able to move forward in your life. There are times you may not be thinking rationally. You are restricted emotionally and need to seek help in resolving the issues. There are elements of repression of some aspect in your life that need to be consciously recognized.

Please provide a response to my analysis. It may help in better understanding the dream message.

Jerry

I very much do feel like I've been allowing my emotions to have a lot of power over me. I would like to learn how to control my emotions and think more logically in situations but instead I push it to the side or get into the defensive mold you have spoke of. Truly, I am feeling emotionally exhausted even though I do play around like the emotional stress is not that serious. I have tried to seek help but it is hard for me to get deeply into what the issue is. This is a really great analysis.

Marsha,
What is taking place in working with your emotions is the underlying unconscious energies that motivate you to be who you are. These energies primarily stem from early life learning, experiences as young as an infant that are embedded in your psyche and are fixed impressions on how your personality and personal attitudes respond to stimuli as an adult. A primary purpose of dreams is to expose these unconscious and unknown energies to the conscious mind so you can make changes where needed. Resolution of the negative forces which control your personality and attitudes is how you make the necessary changes.

But there is more. Not only are there unconscious energies related to childhood experiences and influences, there are the natural imprinted instructions we all are born with that must be taken in account as well. These are Jung's Archetypes {as I noted in my analysis}. Upon birth an infant's natural inclination is to be held by the mother at her breasts to provide emotional as well as physical nourishment. Just as the turtle knows to run to the water upon hatching, humans are also provided a set of blueprints for life. When these are lacking the psyche becomes out of balance and a correct is needed. We all have emotional deficiencies and dreams are nature's tool to help resolve what is out of balance. Some like myself are fortunate to be able to find solutions through self psychology {I have spent 25 years working with my own psyche and have resolved the largest issues}. But that requires as much time and effort as does seeing a therapist/psychologist. Those professionals who use dreams to make contact with the deep unconscious can cut that time drastically because the dream is a direct link to the deepest psyche energies. The body has the immune system to heal and protect the psychical self. It is nature's intent. So to the psych{ology} has the dream to perform the same function for the mind/intellect.

You stated you are seeking help. Continue to pursue that path and stay with the notion you need to resolve these issues. If left unattended the unconscious energies will continue to plague your life and harmony and happiness will always be illusive.

As for my analysis. Using basic Jungian concepts along with intuitive sensing {a natural talent I only discovered and began to utilize when I was 42} allows a trained dream analyst to provide an outline of the emotional energies I spoke to in the above narrative. Not only the personal deficiencies but also the archetypal. The outline lays out the emotional energies that motivate the dreamer's life. When an analyst has a extensive knowledge of the dreamer's life, past and present, he/she can provide insights if not direct information about the current waking life issues. My knowledge is very limited when providing analysis at the Dream Forum but even with having the age and gender of the dreamer it is possible to provide an outline of the controlling energies. There are many like myself who are capable of providing this, professional {trained Jungian therapists} as well as laypersons {like myself, self trained}.

All dreams, all dream images/actions have at least two meanings/applications. One is focused on the underlying foundational aspects {childhood experiences/influences which helped form the personality and personal attitudes}. You are who you are primarily because of what the developing psyche learns/experiences during early and the developing years in life. Like parents like children. What you grew up experiencing as a child is the model your life is built upon. The emotional energies that motivate are the production of images and actions in our dreams. When these symbolic images/actions are translated into everyday language you have an outline of what they are.

Another application of dreams is working to expose how these foundational aspects ferment into actions as an adult. When you have a conflict at work or school the dream is attempting to help resolve those issues as well. But why do you act/react to certain situations in a particular way? That often goes back to the foundational aspects. Of course later life traumatic experiences can play a role as well. Going to war and coming back with PTSD is an example. In some instances prescribed drugs will help alleviate the problems but to get to the source and find a final solution requires an examination of the psyche energies. The drugs are temporary whereas the therapy can resolve the issues to the point the dreamer has control.

Continue to seek therapeutic help. It would be beneficial to learn all you can about the underlying emotional energies I have described as well. When working with an analyst, a developed sense of what is needed will help facilitate a resolution to the emotional issues. My Power of Dreams provides a lot of info about these unconscious energies and how they manifest themselves in dreams. My Myths-Dreams-Symbols website {online since 1998} has nearly 500 pages dedicated to Jungian dream psyche as well as Joseph Campbell and others who provide important insights to the unconscious, personal and collective.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present