Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Posting for my Dad

Ok, so I obtained some additional information from my dad after asking him some additional questions about his dream:

The weather was warm where he was, not hot, just comfortable. All the grass was green and the trees in the median he said were short, not tall. He said he was originally walking up a hill and it was when he reached the top of a hill he saw the median with the trees and the dirt road (previously mentioned) and the dirt road had an incline. Also, it was nearing towards evening - hence his obsession with finding the moon. He said the moon was either waxing or waning. He wasn't sure which, but knew the curve of it was in the sky. He said that he was aware that he was obsessing on it and was relieved in the dream when he saw it. The sky was beautiful. He also said he was as he is right now (not younger or older).

He was walking without his cane and he was wearing pants and a long sleeved t-shirt. The person who was with him, was wearing a straw fedora. Along the band of the fedora were all kinds of colors and a pretty design. He said that he remembered the fedora band had a lot of red and green in it. The rest of the person was like a shadow. He said in the dream, he remembered thinking the person looked ridiculous with the hat because the hat was too small for them. The person was accompanying him on this mission/quest.

He said that with regards to the crate, he was aware the final piece was a jewel (as previously mentioned) and that he says now he was convinced the jewel was supposed to be colored (not a diamond, more likely red). He also said that he was in a neighborhood that was older, well kept and was in an area of some money. The 2 of them (my dad and this shadow person) were going door to door to these homes to ask to see if someone had the missing piece they were looking for to fill the slat and to complete their mission/question/fill the crate.

He said what was weird was that there was no one outside. The houses all had pretty colors, too. He said that was how he knew he was in a nice area. He said that he thinks that he was somewhere near or just beyond train tracks.

I hope this helps to fill in some gaps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, M, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yesterday

Jackie,
I should be able to analyze your father's dream Sunday. In the mean while let me say dreams rarely 'predict' the future. Dreams compensate what is already known either/and unconsciously or consciously. Not seeing ' many more of those anymore' could merely be a statement about the stage of life where things experienced earlier in life are not what life is about any longer or what is experienced. Of course it all depends on the context of the rest of the dream. I'll analyze the images and actions to see what comes from those.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa,

Jackie,
It has taken some time to amplify all the images and actions so I will provide those {breaking down the images and actions} with a short summary and provide a complete summary after I get a response {after you have given it to your father and his response}. Keep in mind I can only provide an outline of the emotional energies of your father {from the dream} and not specific experiences the dream may be addressing {knowing only his age and gender and nothing about personal life}. If I did know all about his personal life I would be able to connect the dots to those in the dream as well. All dreams have at least two meanings/applications. One would be the general outline I spoke of and the other{s} the personal experiences in life {recent as well as distant past} that are associated with the developed attitudes and personality traits that make up who your father is and why he is that person {much comes from early childhood and the formative years}. Have your father read my interpretation of the images and actions and see how they may fit with his life, his personal attitudes and personality. Dreams are primarily about the emotions and emotional energies. Those are directly related to the attitudes and personality. Get his thoughts on what I have provided and post those and I will then finalize my summary. I do see a distinct pattern and I think he will also.

Dream
He said that in his dream he is walking on a road. It is warm and there is a median with trees. He sees green grass, the surroundings are pretty. He is walking with someone - he can't remember if it was a male or a female, but he said that he remembers the person being all black - like a shadow. They are looking for a house. He sees that he is in a residential area sortof like where he lives now and the houses are small and pretty. He is the age that he is now in his dream, but he is not sure if he is here (where he lives now), in this area or somewhere else. He said he believed that he may have been somewhere else.

He said that the road he was walking on had a subtle incline and that it was largely a dirt road.

While he was walking he said he kept looking for the moon. He kept looking over his left shoulder (in waking, his dominant side is his right side) and that it was an obsession in the dream. He said that he finally spotted the moon and said "There it is! I am glad I finally saw it - I won't be seeing many more of those." (and when it was spotted, it was over his left shoulder).

Amplification of images/actions
-walking on a road-his path/direction in life
-it is warm-contentment
-a median with trees-middle ground for personal growth
-green grass/pretty surroundings-continuing growth/positive impression of self and relationships
-walking with someone/black/shadow-living with unconscious aspects that are not recognized/remembered
-looking for house-seeking true self
-residential area he lives now/small/pretty-life he is now living/not as fulfilling but accepted
-may have been somewhere else-what could have been
-road had a subtle incline/largely dirt road-positive but subdued attitude despite negative aspects
-looking for the moon-attention on new growth/fertility in life
-kept looking over left shoulder-seeking instinctive aspects while carrying life's burdens
-dominant side is right side-he is primarily objective
-obsession-fixated on finding what is sought/desired
-finally spotted moon-discovering the fertility he seeks/desires
-"There it is"-realization
-"glad I finally saw it"-positive aspect of realizing
-I won't be seeing many more of those"-perception of what is limited in his life

Dream Continued
Another aspect to the dream was that while he was walking, he was holding a crate in his hands with a variety of dividing slats. In his dream he was on a quest of some sort to look for a jewel - he said he wasn't sure if it was a ruby or a diamond, but that the jewel was the missing piece for the crate. Once the jewel was put in place in the create, the quest would be over. He told me that the jewel would have been in the far right hand corner at the upper portion of the crate when it was to be found and placed in its corresponding spot.

Amplification of images/actions
-holding a crate in his hands/dividing slats-possessing or in control of his own potential/quantity of life over quality of inner life
-on quest of some sort looking for jewel-seeking true self
-ruby or diamond/jewel was the missing piece of crate-a passion for wholeness/what is lacking in his life that would provide fulfillment
-once jewel was put in place in crate-putting true self/potential in life
-quest was over-finding true self/potential
-jewel would have been in far right hand corner/upper portion of crate-his true self is where he put his thinking/objective self {instead of utilizing it}
-it was to be found/placed in corresponding spot-finding his true self and replacing his inauthentic self {objective and not creative}

Comments/amplification on additional info provided in your second post
-warm not hot, just comfortable-living a comfortable life but not fulfilled/lacking passion
-grass was green/trees were short-possessing true potential but not growing as he should/reaching potential
-originally walking up hill/reached top of hill when he saw median-struggles in finding wholeness/achieving wisdom from experiences he finds what is/was lacking {finding a middle ground of objectivity and inner wholeness
-was toward evening-twilight years {age 70}
-obsession with finding moon-discovering what would provide/would have provided fulfillment/true personal growth in life
-moon was waxing or waning-limited time in achieving fulfillment
-knew curve in sky-realizing he had deviated from true self
-aware he was obsessing-conscious awareness he was not living to his potential
-relieved in dream when he saw it-unconscious awareness {dream} of what was not known/realized/accepted
-the sky was beautiful-true inner self is beautiful

-walking with cane-living life needing a crutch/and or someone/something to provide emotional support
-wearing pants and a long sleeved t-shirt-hidden source of true self/hidden emotional aspects/developed attitudes
-person who was with him, was wearing a straw fedora-true self {other person}, taking the mystique or mystery of inner self for granted {straw fedora}
-band of the fedora were all kinds of colors and a pretty design-the beauty of the inner self
-fedora band had a lot of red and green in it-negatives and positives in life
***Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion
***Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, fertility, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity
-rest of the person was like a shadow-hidden/shadow self {see Shadow at my Power of Dreams website}
-in the dream, he remembered thinking the person looked ridiculous with the hat because the hat was too small for them-not measuring up in waking life to true self of inner life
-person was accompanying him on this mission/quest-the true self seeking expression in conscious life

-missing piece-the missing piece in his life that provides true wholeness, his true potential

Summary
Living a positive, contented life but not living his life to fulfillment or to its potential, what could have been if he had chosen a different path. Left/moon could suggest his creative aspects. He lived life from his right side, being objective and following social norms and not fulfilling his true potential.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa,

Hi Jerry,

I really appreciate your response. I will print a copy and take it to my dad tomorrow to take a look at. Based on the stories he shares with me of his life and the decisions he has made/path he took, I can see the parallels between this dream and them. I will let you know what he tells me!

I am really glad I asked him for the extra details :)

Jackie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40, F - WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes - the other day

Thanks Jackie. I will be interested in his response. As I stated in my analysis there are personal experiences included in the dream I can not name due to not knowing about his personal life. An example is the dream statement, "warm not hot, just comfortable" which could be addressing personal relationships as well as his general experiences in life. The 'someone' could be a real person he is walking with, the confusion about being a male or female coming from it being both; an actual female on the personal side and the male being his shadow self on the general side. The dream language would be using the same images and actions to address both. This is standard stuff in dreams, something I have seen time and again in my working with dreams and a concept Jung recognized in his dream research. All dreams have elements addressing recent as well as long past emotional experiences {experiences that for some reason possess above normal emotional energies} and other elements that address the underlying causes for those emotional energies. I can discern the 'other' elements with knowing the dreamer's age and gender and sometimes get glimpses of the personal. I usually refrain from proclaiming the personal aspects in my analysis because it is difficult at best to 'know'. All the different elements in a dream are important otherwise they would not be a part of the dream.

Your father might be able to recall specific personal experiences when he reads the amplification of the images and actions. If indeed there is/was a real woman the dream is referencing the dream language, "They are looking for a house" would fit with that relationship. It would be a literal 'outer' experience, looking for a house, as well as an 'inner experience' where the house would be a metaphor for your father. He is the house with his overall life experiences in looking for 'inner space' of wholeness and contentment being the general experience that is missing.

There is much to be gained from understanding our dreams. I sense this dream is in many ways a typical experience at the stage of life your father is at {70}. The reason I ask for the age of the dreamer is a younger person is looking forward in life whereas an older personal is more focused on reconciling the past. The general tone of this dream does seem to be addressing that for your father and possible recent experiences may have accented this. Worrying about impending death could be a stimulus but instead of predicting his demise the dream is addressing what may have died because he did not fully find that thing in life that provides true wholeness. Jung's context of this aspect is true wholeness comes from discovering the true self which seeks expression in a creative way or a quest that is cast on the dreamer from an outer force {see the hero quest in mythology}. Ultimately, on the psychological side, it is the inner quest that brings about true happiness. We often get distracted away from the inner realms because the focus is on the outer world where social duty is better suited to the senses of the body and not the total psyche {doing what you are told or expected to do in life}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present