Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Posting for my Dad

Thanks Jackie. I will be interested in his response. As I stated in my analysis there are personal experiences included in the dream I can not name due to not knowing about his personal life. An example is the dream statement, "warm not hot, just comfortable" which could be addressing personal relationships as well as his general experiences in life. The 'someone' could be a real person he is walking with, the confusion about being a male or female coming from it being both; an actual female on the personal side and the male being his shadow self on the general side. The dream language would be using the same images and actions to address both. This is standard stuff in dreams, something I have seen time and again in my working with dreams and a concept Jung recognized in his dream research. All dreams have elements addressing recent as well as long past emotional experiences {experiences that for some reason possess above normal emotional energies} and other elements that address the underlying causes for those emotional energies. I can discern the 'other' elements with knowing the dreamer's age and gender and sometimes get glimpses of the personal. I usually refrain from proclaiming the personal aspects in my analysis because it is difficult at best to 'know'. All the different elements in a dream are important otherwise they would not be a part of the dream.

Your father might be able to recall specific personal experiences when he reads the amplification of the images and actions. If indeed there is/was a real woman the dream is referencing the dream language, "They are looking for a house" would fit with that relationship. It would be a literal 'outer' experience, looking for a house, as well as an 'inner experience' where the house would be a metaphor for your father. He is the house with his overall life experiences in looking for 'inner space' of wholeness and contentment being the general experience that is missing.

There is much to be gained from understanding our dreams. I sense this dream is in many ways a typical experience at the stage of life your father is at {70}. The reason I ask for the age of the dreamer is a younger person is looking forward in life whereas an older personal is more focused on reconciling the past. The general tone of this dream does seem to be addressing that for your father and possible recent experiences may have accented this. Worrying about impending death could be a stimulus but instead of predicting his demise the dream is addressing what may have died because he did not fully find that thing in life that provides true wholeness. Jung's context of this aspect is true wholeness comes from discovering the true self which seeks expression in a creative way or a quest that is cast on the dreamer from an outer force {see the hero quest in mythology}. Ultimately, on the psychological side, it is the inner quest that brings about true happiness. We often get distracted away from the inner realms because the focus is on the outer world where social duty is better suited to the senses of the body and not the total psyche {doing what you are told or expected to do in life}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

Re: Posting for my Dad

Jackie,
I should be able to analyze your father's dream Sunday. In the mean while let me say dreams rarely 'predict' the future. Dreams compensate what is already known either/and unconsciously or consciously. Not seeing ' many more of those anymore' could merely be a statement about the stage of life where things experienced earlier in life are not what life is about any longer or what is experienced. Of course it all depends on the context of the rest of the dream. I'll analyze the images and actions to see what comes from those.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa,

stats from 7-14-10 to the present