Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Climbing A Dragon

Thank you, for your reply. I'm sorry there was so much to work on.

Your thoughts on the first part of my dream are very similar to mine.

I used to babysit for my step sister when I was a teen. This dream has triggered a particular memory from that time. My step sister had a cat which would very often come to sit with me. One day she became very upset about this, perceiving this to indicate that her cat loved me more than her. I explained to her that I believed the cat came to me much more often because I didn't try to make her stay with me when she wanted to leave (which my step sister, as a child, usually did)

I think this control aspect might well be relevant, especially considering the cat ran from me to her in the dream. I think it could be indicating that I'm responsible for locking the cat in the attic.

The traits which I strongly associate with my step sister are promiscuity and the fact that she was a very young single mother. I can't help but notice that cats and single mothers seem to be a common pairing in my dreams.
Single mothers represent sexual vulnerability to me (not on a conscious level, but more like an automatic impression from unconscious beliefs). They've not secured their position first.

I do believe that my sexual desire and attraction are repressed. I rarely experience either and when I do, it's short lived. I think my previous dream where the kitten was devoured was a representation of this (the kitten being the manifestation of sexual desire, which is quickly quashed). I wondered if the cat represented something very similar.
I've been trying to work on these issues. I feel like I'm making slow progress.

While I've 'dug up' many (previously) unconscious beliefs and motivations, I agree, there's still a significant unconscious block continuing to influence me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36F

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: Climbing A Dragon

Nicola,
What about men or males in your life? The masculine is the prevalent focus in the first paragraph and the opening of a dream usually lays the groundwork for what the dream message is. Your repressed sexual desire would likely be associated with this inner aspect {animus/masculine}. The whole dream makes reference to the masculine and I believe that is the central theme. Have you examined this aspect, male relationships early in life?

A cat can be a symbol for feminine sexuality. And cats tend to mate with any male that comes along. The added personal info provides insights to that aspect of your psyche. The traits you associate with your sister do not necessarily fit because those traits would more likely have to be qualities you identify with. It could be you are the opposite of her which would fit {dreams will do that if there is a strong resistance to those qualities she possessed and you reject or have issues with. Your repressed sexual desire could have associations here also. Mental attitudes are always a focus in dreams and the underlying reasons for the repression of desires would be a prime focus. The prevalent masculine themes would fit with the sexual aspects and from what I read from the dream it is from masculine experiences and not feminine {your step sister's promiscuity}. If you had a period of promiscuity in your life I would see associations. Look deeper into the masculine/males in early life and determine what may be there you would repress. Experiences where 'boundaries' were crossed {inappropriate experiences}. The dragon would be masculine associated as well as sexual {repression as an adult, inappropriate experiences earlier in life}.

I took a look at your Pub - Cats dream and that dream also had a focus on repressed aspects and the masculine/male experiences. The experiences could have been inappropriate sexual experiences or it could be something less benign. Whichever it was it had a profound affect on your psyche and carried over into adult life. Both dreams have a strong emphasis on the masculine. Having a problem with sexual desire may fit within those parameters, a reason for the sexual dysfunction.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present