Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blog: What I Have Learned About Dreams

The Dream Forum Jan 2005/Nov 2017
This is my first blog post at the Dream Forum.

I first placed the Dream Forum on line in 2005 aligned with my website Myths-Dreams -Symbols . It is now 2017 and the Dream Forum has 4500+ posted messages and many more thousands responses and comments. The number of posts have declined over time but that is by design as much as any other reason. In the beginning there were 3, 4 or more posted dreams to be analyzed and usually that many posts every day. To properly analyze each dream takes an hour or more which in 2017 is time I simply do not have {see my Kitty Fund for one reason why}. Promoting the site is also time consuming. The present pace of posts better fits with my other responsibilities and allows me to provide a more precise analysis of each dream.

Learning from Experience/Natural Aspects
From the analyzed dreams and the responses I have gained valuable and important insights. The interactions with the dreamers has been first hand experience which has provided a better understanding of what I had first learned from my studies of Jungian dream psyche {that began in 1992}. Along with gaining an in-depth understanding of how dreams function, their purpose and meaning, perhaps the greatest lesson learned is dreams are no longer the great unsolved mystery they once were. By using basic Jungian concepts I sincerely believe the proper and correct interpretation of dreams is not only possible but plausible. There are many like myself who use Jungian psyche to analyze dreams who have achieved the great success as I have. Jung got it right and with that and an intuitive mind the unraveling of what dreams are and their intent has been 'decoded'. No longer a big mystery, other fields of science has collaborated in many ways the science of Jungian psyche.

Dreams Are Natural
Like everything else that exists dreams are a product of nature. Nature provided us with an immune system to protect and heal the body and dreams to help resolve and heal our emotional wounds. So naturally, it should not be hard to understand why we dream. Dreams are about the unresolved emotional energies that cause internal conflict which are capable of influencing and affecting the decisions/actions throughout life. Natural evolution of the human condition required mechanisms to allow mankind to survive. The immune system provides protection for the body and dreams serve the same purpose for the emotions. Looking at dreams in this light makes it even more plausible to believe dreams are more than just random images serving no purpose. Having worked with dreams as a psychological tool allows a precise reason why we dream.

Analyzing Dreams
When I analyze a dream I see the soul, the true self, which each dream attempting to communicate a message about the emotional energies that exist within the dreamer's unconscious. Most of these energies are negative and cause an emotional conflict. The dream is unbiased, unlike the conscious ego with its set ego perceptions and desires. The ego is motivated by unconscious energies that influence {if not control} the physical urges, emotional desires and actions. When we do something on a consistent routine that causes negative results in waking life it is as often caused by the unconscious energies/motivators more so than random chance. What is true and best for the dreamer is in our dreams. What was experienced and learned in earlier life are stored within the unconscious and the experiences that possessed strong emotional energies are what dreams attempt to reveal each night {primarily during REM sleep}. The waking mind seeks to please the conscious ego and anything negative is capable of thwarting what the ego desires. Emotional conflicts are at the top of the list. The dream seeks to expose the true condition of the dreamer beyond what is often falsely perceived, ignore and repressed by the ego. The underlying energies that motivate the dreamer's life are what our dreams attempt to inform to the self in an attempt to inform the dreamer. What is not known can not be resolved. Resolving emotional conflict is the primary purpose of dreams.

The goal in analyzing dreams is to bring out what is out of balance because of the negative emotional energies that cause conflict in the conscious life. The conflicts are a result of negative experiences and influences from earlier life. Prevalent in all dreams are childhood experiences/influences since it is during the earliest years of life the foundations for personality, traits and attitudes are established {research has shown that personality is established by age nine}. When you get the flu the immune system goes to work to heal the physical ailment. When there is an emotional disturbance that causes conscious conflicts the dream goes to work to help resolve the issues. My job as an analyst is to decode the dream language {primarily symbol and metaphor with literal applications} and provide insights to what the dream message is. Jung provide the format in how to analyze dreams and by interpreting the dream language we are able to see into the unconscious and delineate what the reasons are for the emotional conflicts.

Next Blog: The language of dreams

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Male Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present