Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Art - and maybe aweird adventure. In color.

I feel like I should add that I am an artistic person, but that I largely do things on the side, but would prefer to alter that in some capacity if I could...I love to paint and draw, I went to school for interior design but have not been able to get a job in the field. Instead I am working what I feel is a dead end job that I do not enjoy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 F WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes - the main post a few minutes ago

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sure!

Jackie,
It will be Sunday before I will be able to analyze your dream. A long dream takes time to properly analyze. I have to take cats to vet today and work tomorrow.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Male Cocoa, Fl

Hi Jerry,

I appreciate it!

I had remembered another aspect to my dream that I was going to post, so this works out well - my black cat, Waffles, was in my dream, roaming around in the house that I visited. I remember him curling up (after I had went down the stair case, I saw him curling up on a sofa) there and in my mind I was thinking "Waffles is here? What on earth is he doing here?" Not sure if that is another element, worth examining, but I saw him prior to heading into the garage area mentioned.

Have a good weekend,

Jackie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, F, WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yesterday, 11/30/17

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jackie,
I am working on your dream and see a possible pattern emerging. Should have a final analysis later today. I want to look at your previous post also {Coins} to see what its message was.

Jerry

Jackie,
Give me a little more time to sort through this long dream. There are patterns and the last part may hold important clues that could be helpful for you. In the meanwhile I'll post some of the amplified images and/or summary of paragraphs. You may recognize some things that fit.

First Paragraph
-with artistic friend from high school-creative aspects/higher learning
-Jaime-masculine aspects
-heading to school bus-seeking higher achievements
-take to street called Parkhurst-stalled in creative aspects {parked/hurst}
-line of school buses for adults/different directions-possibilities in adult life
-Jaimes gets on bus-pro-active actions
-moment of "I have to go to bathroom"-need to let/get something out emotionally
-didn't forget something-anxieties/stress
-dash to building I didn't notice before to my left-need to better understand inner aspects
-make a mistake-self doubt
-wrong bus-taking wrong dircetion/wrong decision

Second Paragraph
-going forward instead of backwards
-issues related to self worth
-other women you may know who have similar experiences/made same mistakes

Third Paragraph
-I listen to the other people-not following desired path/following other people's lead
- getting off wrong path
-making corrections of wrong decision/direction

Fourth Paragraph
-shared experiences {magneta house}
-Elmwood-artistic aspects that are changing
-reaching higher levels
-unconscious energies
-insecurities/not clear in attitudes
-positive attitudes towrd negative aspects

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

So far, what you broke out makes sense. It was an eye opener to see it in print. I look forward to seeing everything. Thank you so much for your thoughts and research/incorporation with the prior dream.

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jackie,
Here is my amplification of the images and actions from your dream {broken down by paragraphs}. I will provide a summary later tonight or in the morning {takes several hours to do the amplification}. I do see patterns and the story is related to your creative self vs inner and outer demands, conflicts and emotional energies. I believe you will recognize the story from the amplification.

Title
Art - and maybe a weird adventure. In color
-creative aspects/life adventures/emotional energies

Dream Content
I was with an artistic friend from high school, Jaime. He and I are heading to a school bus to take to a street called Parkhurst (?) Not sure- something with “Park” in it. There are a line of school buses that are outside heading to different locations…sortof like public transportation, but in school buses, for adults. Jaime gets on the bus and I suddenly have this moment of either “I have to go to the bathroom” or “I want to check to be sure I didn’t forget something” before we leave (I tend to think it was the forget thing, since I do this anytime I leave somewhere in waking) and dash to a building that I didn’t notice before, to my left. I make a mistake and don’t observe which bus I ran from, though. When I exit the building I ran to (which was a long one story building with glass doors) I see that pretty much everyone has gotten onto their respective buses to head to their individual locations and I, for whatever reason, decide to hop on the last bus – and the one closest to me. I realize as I get on the bus that the bus isn’t the one that I shouldn’t be on, but I decide to see where it is going.

Amplification
-with artistic friend from high school-creative aspects/higher learning
-Jaime-masculine aspects
-heading to school bus-seeking higher achievements
-take to street called Parkhurst-stalled in creative aspects {parked/hurst}
-line of school buses for adults/different directions-possibilities in adult life
-dash to building I didn't notice before to my left-need to better understand inner aspects
-other women you may know who have similiar experiences/made same mistakes

Dream Content
On the bus I listen to the other people on it and hear the bus is heading to Lewiston – which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy further away than I am going. I am attempting to get to Elmwood Avenue – at least, in my dream, Parkhurst (?) is off of Elmwood (this isn’t even a real street off of Elmwood in waking). I begin to get nervous. What if I can’t get to where I want to go? What if I go too far to the wrong place? Will I be able to get back to my original intended destination? Will someone help me get back there? In my dream, I realize that I have no money to take alternate transportation back to Elmwood Avenue from the Lewiston area. I am scrambling to think of how best to adjust/handle things as the bus speeds along (it is going quite fast!) when I see a woman stand up and tell the bus driver that she needs to get off the bus sooner than expected and that she realized that she has made a mistake. I gain hope at this…the interior of the school bus then changes to a public transportation bus and I am able to see suddenly, that I am on Elmwood Avenue, right where I want to be. I then stand up, prepared to tell the bus driver the same thing, when the bus stops and I decide to exit with the woman, citing the same reason to the driver, and get off where she is – figuring that I can find my way to Parkhurst or wherever – it will be easier for me to do that here than to try to figure out my way back from Lewiston with no resources. I then realize that there are 3-4 other women who appear to have made the same mistake as me and exit the bus with me and the other woman. (the woman who got off the bus first had long, straight brown hair and one of the other women I remember having really lovely dark brown, almost black, curly hair).

Amplification
-I listen to the other people-not following desired path/following other people's lead
- which is way further than I am going-going further from true direction creating insecurities
-begin to get nervous-creating anxities
-can't get where I want to go-insecurities in being/achieving true self
-get back to original destination?-questioning yourself about your true identity {creative?}
-will someone help me get there-seeking and allowing true to be in control
summarizing rest of paragraph
**listening to others/other than true self and getting away from your true path.taking wrong directing/making wrong decisions.
**Inherent insecurities
**learning from experiences and consciously making changes so to be true self
**shared experiences inner/outer-real other woman as well as other self
**lacking in proper emotional nourshiment a hinderence
**conflict between inner and outer aspects
**getting away from outer conflicts

Dream Content
When we get off the bus, I already have a determination to go left instead of right when exiting the bus, which is basically forward, instead of backwards when I think of the route now, since the route I was taking on Elmwood Avenue technically started by leaving downtown.

Amplification
-get off bus have determination to go left-separating oneself from inner/outer restraints and being true self
-bus basically moving forward-making progress in conscious life
-think of route on Elmwood-allowing yourself to think about true direction in life
-technically leaving downtown-mechanically leaving material world behind

Dream Content
We all go as a group to a magenta house which is right on Elmwood Avenue.. I realize that I know the woman who lives here and decide to stop in, say hello, and see if she can hold onto something for me. I enter the house and appear to be on a higher level than I should be to greet the woman who I know. I find a stairwell and see that it is a spiral staircase with really, really thin treads – they are roughly 6” across each step (although in my dream I keep thinking – they look like they are 2” long!) the stairs are rainbow painted pastel all the way down. I carefully hold the railing and shimmy carefully own – half on my butt and half in a squat. I see the curly haired woman has followed me downstairs as well.
I see the lady that I know – (no idea of who any of these women are) and she has wavy brown hair that is above her shoulders, parted on the side and she speak with a thick foreign accent that I can’t place in waking. We embrace and chat I find that I am showing her a plastic tote with a lime green top that has stuff in it. (I have no idea what the stuff, is all I remember is that there was one object that was round and clear in the tote). Interestingly, I have food storage containers that I have that are clear on the bottom and lime green on top, so it was interesting that the dream imitated that aspect but made the plastic container larger.

Amplification
-Elmwood-artistic aspects that are evolving
-hold onto something-holding onto true self
-enter house-inner aspects reaching higher levels
-stairwell/staircase with thin rails-making changes/transformation without a lot of support
-6/2 inches across each step-conflict in each step in making changes
-stairs rainbow painted pastel-expression of inner self not fully recognized
-half on butt/half in squat-unresolved emotional energies
-see curley haired woman- perception of inner attitudes throughout life
-wavy brown hair anove her shoulders-practical attitude toward greater potential
-parted on side-separate aspects indirectly affecting attitudes
-speaks in foreign accent can't place in waking-unconscious energies not consciously recognized/utilized
-we embrace and chat-embracing inner strengths through inner communication
-showing her plastic tote-demonstrating inauthentic values
-with lime green top stuff in it-being true self even despite inherent/difficult foundations
-have food storage containers-nourishment aspects contained in psyche
-clear on bottom/lime green on top-conscious attitudes vs negative unconscious energies
-made plastic container larger-unconscious energies governing/motivating conscious attitudes

Dream Content
The woman is then dramatic and tells me that she will hold onto the container for me for until I can come back to get it (after going to Parkhurst or wherever) but that she has no room and don’t I realize how much space I am already asking her to fill with my things. I try to play dumb and act like the tote isn’t mine, until I remember that she is holding additional totes for me and it is pointless to attempt to try. I tell her that I understand and follow her out to her garage that is anything BUT a garage. It is this massive room with tons of space in it. I see that she has 4 clear plastic totes to the left hand side of the entrance into the space (we exited the front door and headed immediately to the right where there was a door to the “garage” that wasn’t a garage – there were no garage doors – and then suddenly, the exterior of the house was a gorgeous blue that was newly sided). I semi roll my eyes to myself but then take a step back to understand that this is HER space and that she is doing ME a favor, although I realize, too, that I am paying her to hold these items (totes) for me.
I take in the rest of the room and see incredible baroque style antiques. To the far left wall is a heavy gold mantel and some other ornate and thick object just in front of it (I believe it was also another mantle). In the center of the room, there are trunks galore, 2 curved deco sofas and on the far right wall, a heavy wood mantle. She has room to spare. My plastic totes are just left to the door when I enter the space, and completely out of the way. The room has 4 windows, 2 large ones on the side where my totes are, and 2 thinner ones on the opposite wall.
I then opted to head out to look for Park-wherever

Amplification
-woman dramatic tells me she will hold container until I get back-expession of true unconscious energies/creative
-no room/how much space asking her to fill-fll of crowded emotions
-play dumb/act like tote isn't there-pertending negative energies don't exist
-remember she is holding additional totes-unconscious energies that still have control
-it is pointless to try-feeling incapable to get past negative energies/insecurities taking control
-I understand and follow her out-consciously following unconscious energies
-massive room with tons of space-strong emotional energies with room to grow
-I see she has 4 clear plastic totes to the left hand side-achieving wholeness by following true self
-exit front door headed right-consciously following outer forces
-garage with no doors-confined to social/material world/controlling unconscious energies
-suddenly exterior of house is gorgeous-realizing/resolving negatives that prevent growth
-semi roll eyes to myself-bridging/balancing inner and outer world {half circle/half whole}
-understand this is her space-realizing inner space vs outer demands
-she is doing me a favor-favoring inner aspects
-paying her to hold these totes-the price of following inauthenic self
-take in rest of room and see incredible baroque style antiques-inherent creative aspects
-far left wall is heavy gold mantel-illuminating limitations that hold you back
-other thick object/mantle in front of it-strong conscious barriers
-in center of room are trunks-revolving around old emotional energies
-2 curved deco sofas fr right wall-conflict in clear direction to take in conscious life
-heavy wood mantle-displaying negative aspects in conscious life
-she has room to spare-available energies left over from past experiences
-my plastic totes are left to door-outer energies geared to creative self
-when I enter my space-inner space related to true self
-completely out of the way-barriers that have been removed
-room has 4 windows-ability to see wholeness in life
-2 large ones on the side-pushing major inner conflicts aside
-2 thinner ones on opposite wall-outer issues as well
-opted to head out door look for Park-? {indecision still?}

Jerry

Jackie,
here is my final and complete analysis of your dream. I have posted the dream by paragraphs with the amplification of the images and actions, and then a summary of each paragraph.

Title
Art - and maybe a weird adventure. In color
-creative aspects/life adventures/various emotional energies
Paragraph One
Dream Content
I was with an artistic friend from high school, Jaime. He and I are heading to a school bus to take to a street called Parkhurst (?) Not sure- something with “Park” in it. There are a line of school buses that are outside heading to different locations…sortof like public transportation, but in school buses, for adults. Jaime gets on the bus and I suddenly have this moment of either “I have to go to the bathroom” or “I want to check to be sure I didn’t forget something” before we leave (I tend to think it was the forget thing, since I do this anytime I leave somewhere in waking) and dash to a building that I didn’t notice before, to my left. I make a mistake and don’t observe which bus I ran from, though. When I exit the building I ran to (which was a long one story building with glass doors) I see that pretty much everyone has gotten onto their respective buses to head to their individual locations and I, for whatever reason, decide to hop on the last bus – and the one closest to me. I realize as I get on the bus that the bus isn’t the one that I shouldn’t be on, but I decide to see where it is going.

Amplification
-with artistic friend from high school-creative aspects/higher self learning
-Jaime-positive masculine aspects
-heading to school bus-seeking higher achievements in life
-take to street called Parkhurst-dead/stalled in creative aspects {parked/hurst}
-other women you may know who have similiar experiences/made same mistakes

Summary
The opening statement in a dream usually paints a pcture of what the dream is about. The statement here seems to be about choices of direction in life with the creative aspect being prime. This dream follows up what we discussed in yoir Museum dream you posted in March. The one difference is this dream is focused on your creative aspects. It also illustrates the decisions in life associated with what direction to take and the stress/anxieties that go with it.

Paragraph Two
Dream Content
On the bus I listen to the other people on it and hear the bus is heading to Lewiston – which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy further away than I am going. I am attempting to get to Elmwood Avenue – at least, in my dream, Parkhurst (?) is off of Elmwood (this isn’t even a real street off of Elmwood in waking). I begin to get nervous. What if I can’t get to where I want to go? What if I go too far to the wrong place? Will I be able to get back to my original intended destination? Will someone help me get back there? In my dream, I realize that I have no money to take alternate transportation back to Elmwood Avenue from the Lewiston area. I am scrambling to think of how best to adjust/handle things as the bus speeds along (it is going quite fast!) when I see a woman stand up and tell the bus driver that she needs to get off the bus sooner than expected and that she realized that she has made a mistake. I gain hope at this…the interior of the school bus then changes to a public transportation bus and I am able to see suddenly, that I am on Elmwood Avenue, right where I want to be. I then stand up, prepared to tell the bus driver the same thing, when the bus stops and I decide to exit with the woman, citing the same reason to the driver, and get off where she is – figuring that I can find my way to Parkhurst or wherever – it will be easier for me to do that here than to try to figure out my way back from Lewiston with no resources. I then realize that there are 3-4 other women who appear to have made the same mistake as me and exit the bus with me and the other woman. (the woman who got off the bus first had long, straight brown hair and one of the other women I remember having really lovely dark brown, almost black, curly hair).

Amplification
- which is way further than I am going-going further from true direction creating insecurities
-begin to get nervous-creating anxities
-can't get where I want to go-insecurities in being/achieving true self
-get back to original destination?-questioning yourself about your true identity {creative?}
-will someone help me get there-seeking and allowing true to be in control
summarizing rest of paragraph
**listening to others/other than true self and getting away from your true path.taking wrong directing/making wrong decisions.
**Inherent insecurities
**learning from experiences and consciously making changes so to be true self
**shared experiences inner/outer-real other woman as well as other self
**lacking in proper emotional nourshiment a hinderence
**conflict between inner and outer aspects
**getting away from outer conflicts

Summary
The dream states you have had a tendency to listen to others/social demands/interests instead of following your true path {this is a norm for most people}. It also is addressing the deeper issues related to early life learning, the foundations for yor personality and personal attitudes. The insecurities are primarily a result of this early life learning {early childhood}. The other woman cold be your mother {as well as a part of yourself}. You seem to have an understanding of your calling in life {creative} but because of early life environment you were prevented/influenced not to be this true self {the true self is what all dreams are attempting to communicate}. My sense is the other woman wold be your mother. and some ways have followed her path {she may have never been her true self and instead became something different}. Or it could be she is opposite of what you want to be and you need to do something different in your life.

Paragraph Three
Dream Content
When we get off the bus, I already have a determination to go left instead of right when exiting the bus, which is basically forward, instead of backwards when I think of the route now, since the route I was taking on Elmwood Avenue technically started by leaving downtown.

Amplification
-get off bus have determination to go left-separating oneself from inner/outer restraints and being true self
-bus basically moving forward-making progress in conscious life
-think of route on Elmwood-allowing yourself to think about true direction in life
-technically leaving downtown-mechanically leaving material world behind

This part of the dream seems to be pointing to your determination to follow your own path, removing the restraints that have prevented you form doing so. There may have been recent experiences related to such efforts. Leaving the world of social duty and demans {including family} and 'following your bliss'.

Paragraph Four
Dream Content
We all go as a group to a magenta house which is right on Elmwood Avenue.. I realize that I know the woman who lives here and decide to stop in, say hello, and see if she can hold onto something for me. I enter the house and appear to be on a higher level than I should be to greet the woman who I know. I find a stairwell and see that it is a spiral staircase with really, really thin treads – they are roughly 6” across each step (although in my dream I keep thinking – they look like they are 2” long!) the stairs are rainbow painted pastel all the way down. I carefully hold the railing and shimmy carefully own – half on my butt and half in a squat. I see the curly haired woman has followed me downstairs as well.
I see the lady that I know – (no idea of who any of these women are) and she has wavy brown hair that is above her shoulders, parted on the side and she speak with a thick foreign accent that I can’t place in waking. We embrace and chat I find that I am showing her a plastic tote with a lime green top that has stuff in it. (I have no idea what the stuff, is all I remember is that there was one object that was round and clear in the tote). Interestingly, I have food storage containers that I have that are clear on the bottom and lime green on top, so it was interesting that the dream imitated that aspect but made the plastic container larger.

Amplification
-Elmwood-artistic aspects that are evolving
-hold onto something-holding onto true self
-enter house-inner aspects reaching higher levels
-stairwell/staircase with thin rails-making changes/transformation without a lot of support
-6/2 inches across each step-conflict in each step in making changes
-stairs rainbow painted pastel-expression of inner self not fully recognized
-half on butt/half in squat-unresolved emotional energies
-see curley haired woman- perception of inner attitudes throughout life
-wavy brown hair anove her shoulders-practical attitude toward greater potential
-parted on side-separate aspects indirectly affecting attitudes
-speaks in foreign accent can't place in waking-unconscious energies not consciously recognized/utilized
-we embrace and chat-embracing inner strengths through inner communication
-showing her plastic tote-demonstrating inauthentic values
-with lime green top stuff in it-being true self even despite inherent/difficult foundations
-have food storage containers-nourishment aspects contained in psyche
-clear on bottom/lime green on top-conscious attitudes vs negative unconscious energies
-made plastic container larger-unconscious energies governing/motivating conscious attitudes

This part of the dream points to something that has happened/is happening that on one hand support your efforts to follow your chosen path and on the other addressing continuing demands of doing something different. I get the sense developed personal attitudes are the primary focus of this part of the dream. Insecurities may be the prime reason for this and these attitudes would be a product of early life learning. You are {as we all are} still very much governed by the inner energies from childhood learning. Your desire is to follow your bliss but inward there are emotional energies {such as insecurities} that get in the way. You may be succeeding in moving away from those people who restrained you from being yor true self but the inner energies are very much still an issue. Insecurities along with self doubt may be at the center of what is happening at this stage of your transformation from the old self to the true self.

Final Paragraph
Dream Content
The woman is then dramatic and tells me that she will hold onto the container for me for until I can come back to get it (after going to Parkhurst or wherever) but that she has no room and don’t I realize how much space I am already asking her to fill with my things. I try to play dumb and act like the tote isn’t mine, until I remember that she is holding additional totes for me and it is pointless to attempt to try. I tell her that I understand and follow her out to her garage that is anything BUT a garage. It is this massive room with tons of space in it. I see that she has 4 clear plastic totes to the left hand side of the entrance into the space (we exited the front door and headed immediately to the right where there was a door to the “garage” that wasn’t a garage – there were no garage doors – and then suddenly, the exterior of the house was a gorgeous blue that was newly sided). I semi roll my eyes to myself but then take a step back to understand that this is HER space and that she is doing ME a favor, although I realize, too, that I am paying her to hold these items (totes) for me.
I take in the rest of the room and see incredible baroque style antiques. To the far left wall is a heavy gold mantel and some other ornate and thick object just in front of it (I believe it was also another mantle). In the center of the room, there are trunks galore, 2 curved deco sofas and on the far right wall, a heavy wood mantle. She has room to spare. My plastic totes are just left to the door when I enter the space, and completely out of the way. The room has 4 windows, 2 large ones on the side where my totes are, and 2 thinner ones on the opposite wall.
I then opted to head out to look for Park-wherever

Amplification
-woman dramatic tells me she will hold container until I get back-expession of true unconscious energies/creative
-no room/how much space asking her to fill-full of crowded emotions
-play dumb/act like tote isn't there-pretending negative energies don't exist
-remember she is holding additional totes-unconscious energies that still have control
-it is pointless to try-feeling incapable to get past negative energies/insecurities taking control
-I understand and follow her out-consciously following unconscious energies
-massive room with tons of space-strong emotional energies with room to grow
-I see she has 4 clear plastic totes to the left hand side-achieving wholeness by following true self
-exit front door headed right-consciously following outer forces
-garage with no doors-confined to social/material world/controlling unconscious energies
-suddenly exterior of house is gorgeous-realizing/resolving negatives that prevent growth
-semi roll eyes to myself-bridging/balancing inner and outer world {half circle/half whole}
-understand this is her space-realizing inner space vs outer demands
-she is doing me a favor-favoring inner aspects
-paying her to hold these totes-the price of following inauthenic self
-take in rest of room and see incredible baroque style antiques-inherent creative aspects
-far left wall is heavy gold mantel-illuminating limitations that hold you back
-other thick object/mantle in front of it-strong conscious barriers
-in center of room are trunks-revolving around old emotional energies
-2 curved deco sofas fr right wall-conflict in clear direction to take in conscious life
-heavy wood mantle-displaying negative aspects in conscious life
-she has room to spare-available energies left over from past experiences
-my plastic totes are left to door-outer energies geared to creative self
-when I enter my space-inner space related to true self
-completely out of the way-barriers that have been removed
-room has 4 windows-ability to see wholeness in life
-2 large ones on the side-pushing major inner conflicts aside
-2 thinner ones on opposite wall-outer issues as well
-opted to head out door look for Park-opting/decision to follow your true self/personal growth

Summary
The final paragraph is addressing where you are at the moment {when you had the dream}.
You may be weighing your choices and although there are inner and outer restraints the dream seems to be saying you have your 'eyes on the prize' and will not let the negatives dissuade you. The The number 4 represents wholeness {ability to see/be your true self} and the numbers two would represent opposites/conflict. The large/major obstacles seem to be pushed to the side as well as the outer barriers that had caused conflict in your waking life. The number two may also point to actual numbers related to the inner and outer barriers. This dream would in effect be a very positive dream. The goal now is to stay the path and not fall off your true path. You may have made a decision or understand what direction you need to take {creative} but staying the path will be the real challenge.

Let me know your thoughts. A detailed response would help in better understanding the possibilities of the dream message. Because I do have very little info about your personal life I am only able to provide an outline of the emotional energies. I should be able to expand on my analysis with a detailed response and more info about your life.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} www.powerofdreams.net

Good morning, Jerry,

I would first like to thank you for such a thorough analysis. It is wonderful.

I am not sure of where to start, exactly, so I will try to start with this (I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but if so, forgive me): A couple of years ago I graduated with a Masters Degree in Interior Design. I had been let go of my job during the recession, and had a hell of a time trying to find a job. Long story short, I was never hired anywhere (even part time would have been great - I didn’t care where). I completed my degree and didn’t get hired for a job until right after graduation, part time (finally after 3 years of being laid off – thank God for family!) at a local university. After being with the university for 3 months, I ended up getting a foot in the door type of job at an Architectural firm in North Carolina – where I had wanted to move. I got there and the job was hell – found out no one stayed in my position because of how horrible the owners were, how horrible the workload was and how horrible some of the staff was. I got paid really well, but the trade off was horrible – the hours were ridiculous, the owners unrealistic and not kind (abusive, really). The university in NY ended up hiring me back FT, so I packed up everything and came back to NY. The money is enough to get by on, but I can’t afford to live on my own (I live with my parents) and the job is lackluster.

In the meantime, I began to paint. Really paint and take classes on a regular basis which has been healing for me – a way to channel my frustrations, energies, etc.

I have just been starting to be really honest with myself and realize that I have been unhappy with the direction I have allowed my life to take these past couple of years. Fear has been the underlying factor to a lot of my actions, inactions and dissatisfaction.

When I lost my job, I was in a field I hated – maybe hate isn’t strong enough of a word lol. “Abhorred” would probably be better to describe my feelings. I fell into that career and it paid well and was familiar but I was not happy. I wanted to work creatively and be around creative minded people and thought going back to school would allow me to adjust my sails. So far, that has not been the case with interior design, BUT I do feel this affinity with painting.

With respect to work, I am finding that I am in another work environment that is filled with a variety of miserable and negative people and that was getting me down for a long, long time. Then, earlier this year, I started to really look at myself and how my life was reflecting what essentially, was going on inside of me (I feel anyways). I was 20 pounds overweight, felt crummy, felt miserable inside and I just got sick of it. I started to do some inner work and some outer work as well (took me long enough). In March I began what I now call a “lifestyle change”. I began exercising and eating clean, meditating and really focusing on my painting and even came across an artist that I admire and who inspires me and who I am now taking a class with until *next* March.

I am attempting to come to terms with my fears (which isn’t easy) – the normal things like the “what if’s” – What if I lose my job again? What if I have nowhere to go? What if I don’t have enough money saved to take care of myself? What if I am scared to live alone? What if something bad happens to me? What if I am never happy working anywhere? Those are just a tip of the iceberg for the questions, I have a huge litany of them. I find myself wondering what I am most afraid of – being overqualified for my job, unhappy with the environment, etc. or missing out on what *could* be.

To get back to the dream, I have to say that I found it fascinating that Jaime made it into my dream. I was friends with Jaime in high school, had a bit of a crush on him (he was so cool to me, he was an avid artist and I loved to draw, but he was the epitome of an artist to me then and I was really intimidated by him) and he has since gone on to become an art teacher and lives in California. He appears to have his life together in a way that I envy and wish for, for myself.

So I am of the belief that this dream, based on what you have relayed, is telling me to essentially trust myself, follow my heart (creatively) and to stay on this new path that I am on for myself. Your interpretation was affirming for me.

Thank you!!

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes - the other day

Jackie,
I'll provide a follow-up on Sunday. I do appreciate your detailed response. It shold help in getting deeper into the dream message.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} www.powerofdreams.net

Jackie,
I appreciate your detailed response. It provided insights to the dream and the analysis with remarkable similarities in the dream language to your actual life experiences. Not often this is true since dream language is primarily symbolic with only some literal translation. As often the case the dream title says a lot about the dream message. Translated I came up with 'creative aspects/life adventures/various emotional energies'. That seems to fit with your description of your journey in your response.

As for the direction you need to take. Yes, I agree. The dream is pointing to the need for you to follow your creative bliss. And it is acknowledging the obstacles you have faced in the positions you have been in and the fears and anxieties you still have regarding your future. As for Jaime he would represent the success you seek in your creative self {your masculine aspect representing success and strength}. He has achieved what you wish to achieve for yourself using strength and perseverance. As you stated, "He appears to have his life together in a way that I envy and wish for, for myself". Your anxieties in coming to grips with your fears are addressing in almost exact language. In the dream there is, "What if I can’t get to where I want to go? What if I go too far to the wrong place?" There is a lot of language in the dream that reflects what yo state in your response, especially your determination to go left {following your creative aspects} instead of right {social duty/doing what you are told}.

These parts of the dream are defined in my analysis and your confirmation. The next task is to determine what underlying energies exist within your psyche that make up who you are and why you act in certain experiences/environments. In the third paragraph there is this; 'I listen to the other people' which when translated -not following desired path/following other people's lead. This has led you in the wrong direction on several occasions {as with the terrible jobs}. My sense is this is an aspect of your personality which, when looking for the source for personality and attitudes, goes back to childhood when traits and instilled habits are formed {from the environment in which you grew up and lived}. Hopping on the bus {your total self} closest to you {first paragraph} would suggest you are following your programming from early life. Only after inner reflection do you realize you are on the wrong bus. But because of the programming you tend to have 'to see where it is going'. That is social/family programming, following the money/career instead of your bliss. Look to your childhood and relationship with family and environment to see how that fits.

The dream ends with, 'I then opted to head out to look for Park-wherever'. Not knowing exactly where you are going {wherever} but looking for Park{hurst}. The 'park' is not stated as Elmwood {the artistic neighborhood} but it is a park which represents a temporary escape from reality as well as renewal, meditation, and spirituality, a period of a readjustment. But because Parkhurst is not Elmwood there is still aspects of indecision. That would be a statement of the anxieties and fears you still have in life. To get to those a deeper introspection is necessary, getting to the core of your psyche, starting with childhood to determine what are the energies that drive unconsciously you. One avenue in doing this, the one I took, is Jung's Individuation Process {Individuation is the development of one's individual personality through a bringing-to-consciousness and assimilation of unconscious tendencies}. Read my pages on the topic and see if it fits.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your response. I can certainly identify with all of the aspects of your response. With regards to the Programming, I can, without a doubt, say that was largely influenced by my parents and their beliefs surrounding work that were instilled. I KNOW I am trying to break my thought process out of that frame of thinking. The thoughts are limiting for me and are not proving to help me in my happiness process and working creatively.

I will take a look and read the information on the Individuation Process and see how it relates.

Thank you for linking that!

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Repost of earlier dream

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present