Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crawling Baby

Hi Jerry

Thank you for your insight. I can relate to some of your interpretations eg anxieties relating to babys development and most likely financial worries have also appeared in the dream, I have been wanting to start a 3rd income stream and probably need the 'Kick' to start it.

The intense emotion upon carrying my baby produced such a powerfully positive emotion, I think this is telling me that I will reach a new level of love & experience...or it could be telling me what I will reach my financial goals & be successful?

And you are right about my husbands animus affecting harmonies. I am worried his frustrations will impact my happiness and anxieties causing depression as our current fights are over income.

I dont fully understand the masculine aspect/interpretation of the dream, could you explain with examples?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/F/Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Jan 18

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Anonymous,
I appreciate your follow up response. It does new shine light on the dream on the personal side {something I could not know in my analysis not having the info you have provided}. The first image pointed to a need for motivation in some aspect of your life {feel baby kick}. That would be the 'kick' of the baby {new stream of income}. Having only the image to make an analysis the symbolic representation provides a outline of 'something new kicking' and your added into fills in a personal aspect. As I stated in my analysis all dreams/all dreams images have at least two meanings/applications. Yours is an actual baby kicking plus the 'kick' needed in seeking a third source of income. That plays out with the representation of your husband as a masculine aspect {again with a literal application as well as your inner masculine/animus}. You need to use your masculine energies, the strength, drive and fortitude of your inner male to get yourself in gear, a 'kick' to do so. The dream is communicating these masculine aspects and it is also pointing to the shared experiences with your husband {the literal pregnancy, finances and pressures involved}. My amplification of 'baby's face press against belly' was being conscious of pressures related to developing aspects materializing. Development of the baby, pressures associated with finances and possibly other applications {more than tow is not uncommon}.

But then the dream takes a turn {as pronounced by Jung in his concept of the structure of dreams}, the dream plot. Anxieties related to the baby and finances have been established and the dream seems to be pointing to other anxieties with insecurities being the 'new' development. My sense is this part addresses personality aspects of 'established' inner insecurities, learned aspects where insecurities related to the 'masculine' come into play. This would likely point to early life where an absent of proper masculine guidance or interaction. That would go to 'husband had tears of joy' which my amplification was the 'animus affecting harmony in life'. At first glance that could indicate something had been fulfilled {joy} but put into context with the anxieties and insecurities would read 'a need for fulfillment' because of the way you perceive the masculine/animus/males. There does seem to be inner forces at work that have not yet been defined, emotional energies to do with a male or males in your life that has kept you from realizing the 'joy' and fulfillment. The relationship with a male or males in early life is probably responsible for this personal attitude. Researching and resolving those issues would be required.

As for the question about the masculine aspects. First let me direct you again to my page on the in a man/anima/animus, masculine/feminine aspects of the psyche. This page will fully explain its application as a Jungian concept. But in short the masculine aspects are both your husband, the outer masculine aspect, and the animus, your inner male/masculine which would have foundations in early life with male relationships. Something seems to be out of balance, in one or both associations. Look back at early life relationships with a male {your father is the best candidate} to see what may have been or is not in balance with that. How you react to the present pressures may be influenced by the past experiences. Anxieties now and then, they may be related {personality traits, personal attitudes being influenced/governed by early life development}. How do you handle pressures? Are you prone to exhibit anxiety even in normal circumstances? If there are issues with your father involving a lack of proper masculine interaction or instruction then that may be what the dream is trying to get at. It needs resolution.

If you want to share info about the relationship with your father it may help in better understanding the inner masculine/animus aspects contained in the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fla

Hi Jerry

I imagine most males/fathers are not around much when kids were growing up 3 decades ago. My father was the sole income earner so I didnt see him as often but I was much closer to him than my mother. My mother would try to help supplement the household income by working sweatlabour jobs at home, to the point of neglecting me.

Growing up I always got along better with males than women so really if there is a issue with a gender it would be with mothers/women.

My baby related anxieties do not have anything to do with being a good mother. Infact, I intend on being the type of mother that I never had, my anxieties relate more to the babys health and development.

If you were to ask about my current relationship with my father, I would say its good at the moment because it is distanced, by choice. To change that would be re-entering into a toxic relationship which I have no intention of re-entering.

Hope that helps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/F/Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Jan 18

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Anonymous,
Yes, this is very helpful. Different from most dreams that focus on the masculine which most always have negative implications, your dream is just the opposite. The part in the dream where your husband had tears of joy points to the 'positive' relationship with the masculine/males in your life. Having analyzed so many dreams where the masculine is a negative aspect I wrongly took this as a negative despite the positive of the masculine aspects. In fact my first impression was a positive take of the tears of joy {again demonstrating to always go with the first intuitive impression} and I ignored that and had to find other aspects of the dream to support a negative take. The negative relationship was with your mother, the neglect you experience something you are determined not to repeat with your children. Those are the developed attitudes you have from childhood, those with your mother. Of course if I had this info prior to my analysis I could have avoided this mistake.

Looking back at the dream and the amplification of the symbols, one tale tell-tale part was the dream language at the very end of the dream which points to a positive masculine aspect. That language was , "I said to him, at least now you know its a boy". Telling 'him' would be addressing your animus qualities, your inner masculine, and what that is saying is you will be more life your supportive father. Being a boy would support that position. If it were a girl {dream language} then it would be a negative, the girl representing a weak feminine aspect like your mother was in your childhood.

Your response to my analysis is why I ask for a follow up to my interpretations. Every dream is a learning experience. Dreams reflect the true self and not what the ego wishes the self, or the world regards as original. With the limited info I have about the dreamer from the post {age and gender} I can most always pin down the general outline of the emotional energies. It is the follow up response that allows me to make assessments of the personal experiences that underlie the general outline. Usually I need only to build on what I provided in my original analysis. Occasionally, as with your dream, I will make corrections to the analysis since the additional personal info provides conclusive evidence of what the underlying energies are. As with all dreams there is evidence of personal development of attitudes and that comes out with a general outline of them. Add in-depth personal info and the source of the developed attitudes can be identified. Perhaps another title you could have used for the dream would be 'the good mother' since that seems to be the primary message of this dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fla

stats from 7-14-10 to the present