Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: recurring dreams with Iguana (lizards) and water

Hi Jerry , Thank you so much for you analyses. I have found it very useful and have though about it quite a lot. i think you are right about the hostile determination and is probably my best and worst trait. when i get an idea or in my mind nothing stops me from achieving it however this can be to the detriment of almost everything.

I think this comes from many places, firstly being British doesn't help. haha. It can sometimes seems as though emotions are dirty and inconvenient. not so long ago i was talking to a french monk and he nearly came to tears in a moment of gratitude. I noticed how un compassionate i was and felt awkward and nearly disgusted.

I am sure that my relationship with my mother has much to do with this as well. She was ( has softened now) a very cold woman. However as much resentment that i may have toward her i find the buddhist teachings more helpful than to dwell on past difficulties. As the buddha said "He insulted me, he hurt me, he defeated me, he robbed me." Those who think such things will not be free from hate.

i have become very interested in dream analyses and am trying to use it to complement my practice. I am recording many dreams at the moment. sometimes as many as 4 a night so if you don't mind i would love to post again and find out you expert opinion of what is going on in my head.

Many thanks Jerry.

P.s. is there a way to have a login or do i have to put my details in every time i post? Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Thailand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Yanawira,
The Iguana could represent your mother. I started to mention that with one symbol {I have forgotten which} but there wasn't anything in the sentence to verify it and I am reluctant to address personal experiences without strong clues {only an outline when knowing nothing more about the relationship}. The two smaller lizards could be you and a sibling {do you have one, none or more?}. As with all dreams there are at least two applications to every symbol {yes, it is true} and at least two messages to every dream. One would address more recent emotional experiences/energies and a second the underlying factors such as fondations to personality and personal traits. More than two is not uncommon.

Look at your mother as one aspect of the Iguana/lizard. In the second dream the dream states you were scared but when the lizard didn't do anything i began to feel fondly for it. That may fit with her recent 'softening'. That is repeated in the dream statement, "every time it appeared it became less threatening" and my analysis, 'overcoming anxieties/threatening situations/person' {this may be where I sensed a mother application}. The power and authority aspect could also fit with the mother application. In fact when I look back at the symbols/images I see a very possible connection to your mother. The needed cleansing, realizing of pressures, etc. The big lizard coming up to you, and the more recent positive experiences with your mother could have prompted an unconscious need to examine that relationship {usually recent emotional experiences related to the past in dreams have a recent stimulus}. As I stated in one part of our conversation, 'a family of lizards absent one big lizard'. Not having a cordial relationship with your mother may be pointing to her as the big lizard.

As for having to enter your details on every post. I don't know if this forum {hosted by Bravenet} automatically fills in personal data but if not you should be able to do with your web browser and applications they offer. If you will right click your mouse in each block your browser may enter the info for you {after clicking on what pops up}. I use Google and it remembers my name and passwords for most sites.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks very much for you response. I think that you may be correct about the mother aspect of the lizard but i definitely relate to the cold aspect of myself. however i haven't had any clicks or insights which suggest that i haven't received the message from the dream. I have been keeping my own journal and analyzing them in a similar structure to the one that you provided for this dream. in the last couple of weeks i have had some great insights where finding the meaning to one symbol clarifies the whole dream and makes other symbols clear, although it can take along time to get this clarity and i might have to spend an hour or more on a dream before i get the slightest clue to what is going on. I thank you for your help with this dream.

kind regards,

Matt

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Matt,
One symbols can be very important to any dream. That is why I like to amplify the dream title because it often provides deep insights to the dream. And the opening of a dream usually lays out what the dream is about {see The Structure of Dreams}. Of course all dreams have at least tow layers/applications and finding one can lead to others {Jung said you can even derive other applicable meanings from a symbol or dreams long after you have had a dream and analyzed it. The underlying psyche energies from earlier life always have to be looked at since the foundations of personal attitudes are built around those experiences. You may want to look at my new pages {still under construction} on How to Analyze Dreams Using a Dream Dictionary. It may be of help in analyzing your own dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fla

This is a recent dream I interpreted using my dream dictionaries. I am promoting my newest project 'Interpret Your Dreams Using A Dream Dictionary' and this dream helps illustrate how effective using the dictionaries can be. Click on the image to visit the pages.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present