Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream Sequence 1 - TJ Miller Dream

I was visiting friends and I believe it was a new home. While I was there, I was helping an Asian woman cook a meal. Attendees that I knew were there were TJ Miller (famous (?) comedian, my dad, myself, my mom, this Asian woman (she is a Chinese actress in a show that I am watching, currently). In the dream, I was aware that this woman and TJ Miller were exes. (no idea)

Anyways, she is showing me how to create TJ’s favorite dish in her kitchen (which is bright and beautiful – I remember big windows, a lot of light and partial brick walls). I remember having a deep, squared pan in front of me and what she had put inside of it (without actually doing so, you know how dreams are) was a full apple (uncut – stem and all), either a couple of tomatoes or one large one (I am not entirely sure in terms of my memory on that), a chunk/slab of beef and a whole can of Pepsi and a whole can of Coca-Cola. When I say whole can, I mean the whole unopened can. If you were to imagine the square in front of you, now that I think of It, it almost has a yin/yang vibe to it – the Coke was in the upper right corner and the Pepsi was in the lower left corner. The meat was below the Coke, and the apple was above the Pepsi. The tomatoes were to the right of the Pepsi.

Anyways, I look up at her as she tells me to “just keep stirring” to mix it all together. When I look down again I am amazed – everything cooked down – I mean EVERYTHING. The whole unopened cans are gone, the apple is gone, the tomatoes are now down to one unskinned tomato and there is a red sauce in the pan. I am floored.

At some point, we are seated. I feel like the home we are in is new. The furniture feels new. For some reason, I am thinking modern. The table situation is weird. It seems like one long table, but in waking, there are actually multiple tables that are put together. I am sitting next to TJ Miller (He is on my left) at one table. This table is set horizontally. The here are two other tables that come together laterally that meet the length of the horizontal table I am sitting t with TJ. My dad is sitting immediately to my right (at an angle) at the lateral table. Next to him is my mom. The Asian woman is sitting to TJ’s left at the opposite lateral table. This woman is seated at a white table and the color blue is all around her – a soft light blue. She is gentle, kind and lovely all around. The table is FILLED with food. An overabundance of it – as if it is a feast. I remember there being flowers as well.

I recognize that in this dream we are all friends. TJ makes disparaging remarks about the Coke/Pepsi dish, but the Asian woman just smiles. I think to myself that TJ Miller is an a$$hole. She knows that it is his favorite dish. He also tells me that the dish he was eating costs $7.11 as well (?) to make with the ingredients. I notice that my dad has drank many times from the cup in front of him. For some reason, my cup is near his, but if he were to drink, he would block me from being able to get my cup. When he puts his cup down, I then reach across to get my cup to drink. He tries to block me. I hold steadfast to my cup. I see a small amount of his drink (cold coffee) drip onto the table (white table cloth) and possibly his hand. For some reason, there is a wrought iron rod under his hands. There is also a wrought iron fruit holder at this table. Not sure why the rod is there. He was trying to keep me from drinking. I drank anyways. The drink was delicious. It was sweet and tasted orangey. When I was drinking I realized that I didn’t realize how thirsty I was. The cup didn’t empty, either. I drank quite a bit (it was a rounded tumbler, sortof shaped like the bottom of a tear drop, and there was a rainbow of color on the cup).
When I was drinking my ad tried to say that I spilled his drink on him. I honestly just didn’t care. He knew I wanted to drink and was trying to keep me from drinking. When I put my cup down, he then took one of my hands to harshly rub his hand on mine to say his hand was wet. My mother reprimanded him and I pulled my hand away, disregarding him altogether. I was thinking “ how long was I to wait before I could drink?” and thought he was ridiculous.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes - around Dec 2017

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream Sequence 1 - TJ Miller Dream

Jackie,
I will work on your dreams tomorrow.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

Jackie,
A long dream and with added info having to sort dream images. I need to examine the amplified images/actions more to determine the outlined energies. In the meantime here are the amplificated images and actions. You may be able to recognize something in them that match your conscious life.

Amplified Images/Actions
I was visiting friends and I believe it was a new home. While I was there, I was helping an Asian woman cook a meal. Attendees that I knew were there were TJ Miller (famous (?) comedian, my dad, myself, my mom, this Asian woman (she is a Chinese actress in a show that I am watching, currently). In the dream, I was aware that this woman and TJ Miller were exes. (no idea)
-visiting friends-reconnecting with positive aspects
-new home-new aspects
-helping Asian woman-higher achievement through greater wisdom
-cook a meal-creative expression
-comedian-carefree attitude/creativity
-dad-higher/controlling masculine aspect
-my mom-emotional energies
-asian woman-unknwon aspects/spiritual aspects

she is showing me how to create TJ’s favorite dish in her kitchen
-create-being creative
-favorite dish-perferred course of action
-in her kitchen-transformation preparation

a deep, squared pan in front of me and what she had put inside of it (without actually doing so, you know how dreams are) was a full apple, tomatoes, a chunk/slab of beef and a whole can of Pepsi and a whole can of Coca-Cola
-deep squared pan-strong inner attitudes
-in front of me-recognizing/confronting inner aspects
-she had put inside-inner issues/experiences
-full apple-spiritual growth/repressed desires
-tomatoes-domestic happiness and harmony
-slab of beef-animal instinct
-can of pepsi/coke-vivacious attitudes
-unopened can-unsealed aspects
-coke and pepsi-yin yang/opposites in conflict

the Coke was in the upper right corner and the Pepsi was in the lower left corner
-coke in upper right corner-higher conscious aspects
-pepsi in lower corner-beneath your higher self

meat below coke, apple above pepsi, tomatoes right of pepsi
-meat below coke-raw animalistic emotions beneath higher aspects
-apple above pepsi-repressed desires above conscious desires
-tomatoes right of pepsi-domestic happiness furtherist from conscious desires

I look up at her as she tells me to “just keep stirring” to mix it all together.
-look up at her-seeing higher aspects
-as she tells me to keep stirring-continuous conflict
-mix it together-blending opposites

When I look down again I am amazed – everything cooked down-EVERYTHING!
-look down-physical aspects
-I am amazed-being highly affected
-everything had cooked down-negatively altered

unopened cans are gone, the apple is gone, the tomatoes are now down to one unskinned tomato and there is a red sauce in the pan
-cans/apple gone-what was sealed/repressed desires away no longer there
-tomatoes down to one unskinned tomato-experiences of harmony not affected by one experience

At some point, we are seated. I feel like the home we are in is new. Furniture new. Modern.
-we are seated-positioned in one direction/place
-feel like home is new/new furniture-new attitudes, about self and life
-modern-present day attitudes

table situation is weird
-table-social/family unity
-is weird-unnatural

It seems like one long table, but in waking, there are actually multiple tables that are put together
-seems like one long table-feelings of isolation
-but in waking-conscious attitudes
-actually multiple tables put together-varied aspects assembled as one

I am sitting next to TJ Miller (He is on my left) at one table. This table is set horizontally
-sitting next to TJ Miller-indecision about care free attitudes
-on my left-preference choice
-at one table-one aspect related to social/family
-table set horizonally-physical/conscious aspects

The here are two other tables that come together laterally that meet the length of the horizontal table I am sitting t with TJ
-two other tables-two aspects/possibilities
-that come together-union of opposites
-laterally-parallel
-that meet length of hortizontal table-inner aspects parallel outer aspects
-I am sitting with TJ-favoring carefree/creative aspects

My dad is sitting immediately to my right (at an angle) at the lateral table. Next to him is my mom
-dad sitting to my right-conscious reality to masculine aspects
-at lateral table-matching inner masculine attitudes you were brought up with
-next to him is mom-parallel emotional energies

The Asian woman is sitting to TJ’s left at the opposite lateral table.
-asian woman sitting next to TJ's left-inner aspects positioned with carefree/creative aspects
-opposite lateral table-opposite position of socail/family

This woman is seated at a white table and the color blue is all around her – a soft light blue
-woman is seated at white table-emotional self with new attitudes
-color blue is all around her-wisdom aspects inclusive attitudes
-soft light blue-developing of attitudes

She is gentle, kind and lovely all around. The table is FILLED with food.
-expressing goodwill or kindly feelings
-life is full of nourishment

An overabundance of it – as if it is a feast. I remember there being flowers as well.
-overbundance of it-more than enough/great demands of oneself
-as if a feast-agreeable to emotional needs
-flowers-fulfillment/achievement

Jerry

Jackie,
I was hoping to get feedback from you before giving a final analysis of your dream. I will do that tomorrow. This is along dream and although such dreams are repetitive in their images and actions the progression through the dream could tell us something about the emotional energies that are in play {dreams are about emotional energies that need attention/reconciliation}.

A couple of comments about the amplification of your dream. I allude to creative and spiritual aspects and although those may fit as direct applications {creativity and spirituality} another way to look at their applications may be these.

creativity-having to be creative in ways that are outside the norm you would usually approach a situation. What would be your normal actions may require some different, being 'creative' in your approach/actions. Creativity would usually suggest the creative self and although that may fit the above may also {all dreams, all dream images have at least two interpretations/applications}. Instead of the preferred course of action you may need to deviate, be creative.

spirituality-that could be interpreted as being 'devoted' to something or some attitude you possess. Something related to that where changes occur {transformation}.

A lot to work with in the long dream. Having to sort through the material you provided to get to the exact dream message complicates the process as well. If you can look at the amplification and see if you can fit them in your emotional life. Then we can look at the second dream.

As to my analysis and tye accuracy I point you to my analysis of a dream a couple of days ago. You can read that dream post, my analysis and the dreamer's response at Dragon Head.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

My apologies - I got side tracked and didn't get a chance to get back to you - I am glad you posted as this triggered my memory!

Lately, I have been working on changing the way that I am approaching my life and also the ways in which the decisions that I have made have led me to this point and what I can do to make positive changes in my life to make my life better, or one that would make me happier.

I had initially thought that both of my dreams were reflective of this in some way (?) Things like - where my dad was blocking my cup and I had wanted to drink - my dad representing negativity and fearful aspects of myself (he embodies these pieces in waking) - these attributes attempting to keep me from moving forward, but perhaps my higher self choosing to push past him to get the cup to finally drink from it.

Does this help in some way in terms of giving some guidance? I have been reading some quantum physics and information on the law of attraction and taking inspired action, and I thought that maybe these dreams were reflective of my internal digesting of the material in some way (?) Am I off base?

Thank you again for posting again today and for your first posting with the breakout~!

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sure

Jackie,
Yes, this does help. With this info I get an impression that your dad and TJ Miller have associations. Your impressions of Miller are important since in dream famous people would have qualities/aspects you see in yourself or associations with the famous person you identify with. So it is important to look at what you see in and feel about TJ Miller.

I don't know if it is important but Miller was in the news recently about making a false report about a bomb on an Amtrak train, a woman having it in her handbag {he was arrested and charged}. Don't know if that has anything to do with the dream but his constant inclusion in the dream definitely points to aspects about him you identify with, and associations with him and your dad. At times it is hard to tell from the dream language whether it is your dad or Miller you are speaking about. Almost as if they are interchangeable.

In the dream it is TJ Miller who is the a**hole and the cup he drinks/eats from is one your father has partaken from many times. When you try to get your cup {rejuvenation and healing} 'he' tries to block it. But you hold onto your cup {a positive aspect}. That suggests your dad is/has been in your way. Your comments about your dad and negative aspects about him point to similar negative aspects in the dream {with your dad}. This seems to be a prime focus of the dream, the relationship with your dad and how he has and is still in the way of bettering your life.

The dream ending is important because it usually points to where you are in life at the time of the dream. The part where the dream language states, "he then took one of my hands to harshly rub his hand on mine to say his hand was wet". I sense this is him putting blame on you in some aspect. Your mother reprimands him, metaphorically speaking your wiser self {mother} rebuking aspects of the relationship with your father.

But you are still waiting to drink, still seeking to finding the new life you want. The 'disregarding him' language may be pointing to the unconscious aspects in the relationship. Consciously you are trying to move past him but the unconscious energies that remain unresolved {his treatment of you} are still ingrained in your psyche. This is what most people don't understand. There may be a sense you have put such issues behind you but as long as they unremain 'unconsciously' unresolved they will remain an obstacle. The ridiculous language may be a synonym for comical which is what TJ Miller is, an actor and comic.

I'll look at the second dream and see what it has to say. I assume it is a later dream and could provide more insights.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I do remember hearing about the incident about TJ Miller but then just not paying much attention to it. I know that I think he is a strange bird, a weird kind of funny (which, I often describe myself has having a weird kind of funny, and sometimes think that I am a strange bird, too, so maybe that is it?)

I do find myself trying to work through old patterns and behaviors of thinking and trying to forge a new inner path for myself, to have it extend outwardly into my life. I know that this will take some time. I am trying to push past limitations that I believed applied to my current life situation, but never took a good hard look at. Now I find myself questioning where those initial thoughts/beliefs come from. I guess that I have found that I identify with my dad's professional life when he was working (he is now retired) he worked in a career that he hated - maybe abhorred is a better word - it has more weight - but he felt "stuck" due to obvious reasons, money, taking care of family, etc. I have felt "stuck" myself for quite some time now myself, and I am now beginning to examine that and work to break free from that thinking, since my thoughts/actions etc. have brought me to this point. I am taking responsibility for those actions and would like to take the next step to now changing my life for the better, or one that resonates more "me".

I have patterns of negative/stuck thinking that are a work in progress (tackle each thought as it comes). I am looking forward to making my life better and I am looking forward to altering the course of it.

This statement resonated with me me: "I sense this is him putting blame on you in some aspect. Your mother reprimands him, metaphorically speaking your wiser self {mother} rebuking aspects of the relationship with your father." (I recognize the blaming) and this also resonated with me: "But you are still waiting to drink, still seeking to finding the new life you want. The 'disregarding him' language may be pointing to the unconscious aspects in the relationship. Consciously you are trying to move past him but the unconscious energies that remain unresolved {his treatment of you} are still ingrained in your psyche. This is what most people don't understand. There may be a sense you have put such issues behind you but as long as they unremain 'unconsciously' unresolved they will remain an obstacle. The ridiculous language may be a synonym for comical which is what TJ Miller is, an actor and comic.".

I am glad that I posted this dream and the other. I will take better care in learning more about the conscious/unconscious aspects and continue to apply what I learn.

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sure

stats from 7-14-10 to the present