Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dragon head

Missy,
Because all dreams have at least two meanings or applications this dream seems to be 'aggressively' addressing two different aspects of yourself and your life. One relates to your personality. From my amplification of the images and actions I think you will recognize that aspect of the dream {it should fit your personality}.

Its 'a' second application that is left unanswered {not having additional personality limits my ability in this aspect}. This application is likely addressing a recent experience, one that focused on your strong personality {and being in control}. There seems to be an experience where control was an issue, one that challenged your 'authoritative' personality {and being in control}. It may have had to do with intimacy {beds are always difficult to define}.

And there is the third application, one I tend to believe is always a part of our dreams. And that has to do with foundations to why you have, and need this type personality. Childhood and early life. A strong personality can be a defensive measure. That would require looking at your childhood environment and determine why you have these strong attitudes. It could have to do an 'authoritarian' environment {merely a suggestion since I do not have any personal info about your life}. That would relate to a personality characterized by extreme obedience to, and dependence on, a powerful leader or father figure. The man you knew in bed {not to do with intimacy} could relate to your father, an unconscious attitude that is played on in conscious actions {resulting in your need for a strong personality}.

Does any of this fit? Having only your age and gender limits me to being only ably to outline the energies from the dream. You will need to put the rest together.

A reply is requested.

Here is the amplification of the images and actions. These may help you in determining more about the dream, and yourself.

Dream Title: Dragon Head
-strong personality/self image

hugging a man I knew in bed
-hugging a man-embracing your masculine side
-in bed-bridging your unconscius with your conscious self

comfortable experience
-feeling secure about yourself

on his back, looked like a tattoo
-your attitudes, a sense of individuality

I think it was a dragon's head that came to life
-think it was a dragon's head-believing in your strong personality
-that came to life-consciously living your unconscious attitudes

dragon head attacked me or bit my hand
-dragon head attacked me-devouring aspects of your strong personality/attitudes
-bit my hand-questioning {you and/or someone else} questioning your authority/strong attitude

I stood up and ran away as it flew at me
-stood up-taking a stand
-ran away-avoiding an issue
-flew at me-agitated at yourself

still trying to bite me
-continuing to aggressively bother you

don't remember if i tried hitting it when landed on bed
-don't remember if i tried hitting it-unable to let go when facing aggression
-when it landed on bed-issues of control {possibly related to intimacy}

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

I thought I added this additional information, but I suppose the post didn't go through. I don't know if makes a difference, but the man in this dream was either half asleep of asleep (passive aspect)???

I have to say this is an amazing analysis or EXACTLY what happened with the man in this dream. The man in my dream and I may like each other (intimacy). I think he's used to being in charge or control at his office, but he commented that I was trying to control things or tell him what to do to make things perfect. This made me feel mad or challenged because he didn't really listen to how important these things were to me so I needed to point them out. However, I don't always act this way. It's just when something is important and will be overlooked unless the person takes it seriously.

In my childhood, there was extreme obedience to my controlling father figure. The man I knew in bed wouldn't relate to my father, or maybe that's why he came across as more passive as I mentioned earlier??? Although he takes charge in his office, I don't find him controlling.

Missy,
Although the recent experience you noted with the man who you are interested {the intimacy} is being addressed in the dream the primary focus is more likely the relationship with your father and issues from that relationship. The way you acted with in the recent experience would likely be related to the father relationship and your personality traits developed during those foundational years. Dreams deal with emotional energies that are in conflict or conflicting {mostly negative in dreams but can be positive} with the intent to help resolve the issues. Dreams are nature's tool to help heal and protect the psych{ology} just as the immune system is to the body. To get to the core issue would require more insights to your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present