www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Elephant, dolphins, the color gray

Good morning! It's been a while since I have posted on these forums. I had a dream a few nights ago that seems significant. A little background...Over the past couple of years, I have experienced a lot of depression, stress, and medical issues. This spring/summer, I am beginning a new job and will be moving. Often, I have what some people call astral travel experiences. I am not sleeping yet and feel like I have left my body. The vast majority of them have been very dark, negative experiences, depending on my mood/psyche. Then I had this one last week that I will share below that, even though, everything was grey, it felt like something had been resolved, and I felt increased energy/mood enhancement from it.

In this experience, I was floating/flying toward a sea. The sea appeared very choppy and angry. As I got closer, I noticed the choppy appearance was caused by thousands of dolphins. I kept going closer, a larger-than-life elephant emerged from the water. I placed my hand on it's forehead. Then, I started to feel like I was be pulled back. I reached toward the elephant. The elephant used it's trunk to grab my hand and put me on it's back. I woke up at that moment.

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: Elephant, dolphins, the color gray

Angie,
    Looking back at your last posted dream {you have had several since 2012} I can see you are still struggling with your emotions. This dream seems to be highlighting that struggle. What is odd are the images of the elephant and dolphins which are usually positive images if not spiritual are part of the negative emotions. They seem to be addressing negative aspects of your intellect {both are very intelligent animals}. I think both are true representations of your intellect but your emotional self places limitations on intellectual abilities. Or, and I get the sense this may be the case, you are putting too much effort into some type of 'metaphysical' abilities that in normal circumstances would allow great possibilities in your life {one of your dreams had to do with visions vs dreams}. These metaphysical properties are barriers to your emotional health. Because of the emotional issues these endeavors are counter productive. Likely any metaphysical endeavors are also affected by the emotional energies, limiting those abilities.

A question. Have you sought medical advice for your depression? I am not a big supporter of medications as the first/primary treatment of depression or psychological issues but in some cases they are needed to balance the out-of-balance body chemistry. If you have done this and does not help then I would look to your psyche history {this should be done in any event} and determine why there are so many negative emotional energies plaguing your life {beginning with and focusing first on early childhood}. There are reasons for your negative emotions and attitudes. Dreamwork focuses on the psychological aspect. Foundations in life are the building blocks for the emotions and when there are 'blocks' missing that goes with you until they are discovered, understood and resolved.

Here is my amplification of the images and actions in your dream {something I now do as a standard part of my analysis}.

I was floating/flying toward a sea
    -floating-a need for a new found freedom and gaining a new perspective on things
    -flying-freedom where you restrictions and limitations
    -toward a sea-emotions

The sea appeared very choppy and angry
    -sea appeared choppy/angry-emotional turbulance/negative emotions and attitudes

As I got closer, I noticed the choppy appearance was caused by thousands of dolphins
    -got closer-getting closer to your emotions
    -I noticed the choppy appearance-attention on your emotions
    -caused by a thousands of dolphins-caused by your willingness and ability to explore and navigate through your emotions

I kept getting closer
    -getting closer to emotional self discovery

I kept going closer, a larger-than-life elephant emerged from the water
    -I kept getting closer-a contineous search
    -larger than life elephant-unconscious energies stronger than your wise intellectual self
    -emerged from water-strong emotional energies emerging from unconscious

I placed my hand on it's forehead
    -placed my hand-bound by limited abilities
    -on it's forehead-on your intellect

Then, I started to feel like I was be pulled back
    -being pulled back-limited by emotional energies

I reached toward the elephant
    -inclination toward intellectual energies

The elephant used it's trunk to grab my hand and put me on it's back
    -strong intellectual energies that control your conscious attitudes

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl