Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: beauty salon

Oh wow, I just remembered the night I had the dream with the baby doll I might have reflected about the nourishment dream analysis. I was thinking about a time my mom took me to a restaurant (the same restaurant that has the statue resembling the baby doll in my dream) to meet with a someone to discuss business. I was only 2 or 3 years old, but I have this memory sitting in a highchair because I felt so confused over why my mom and this person were eating in front of me, but not giving me any food. Actually, they ignored me like I wasn't even there although I could smell the good food and was ready to eat it in a highchair. I realize my mom probably didn't order me anything because she was broke at the time and also didn't want to have to clean up after me or pay attention to me when she had business to talk with this person.

Anonymous,
This dream seems to be pointing to masculine or/and a male that hold powers over you and possibly your mother. This has affected your personal growth, self esteem and the ability to progress in life. These 'masculine' aspects are still hampering your life. If the 'man' is still in your life he is also a factor. Not only has the man affected your life but also your mother's which may have been a factor in her nurturing abilities.

I'll provide an analysis of the last dream on Friday.

Amplification of Images and Actions
-in my mom's basement with her-deepest emotions related to nurturing
-psychopath male trying to kill us-feelings of being detached, out of control
-only move with back facing the floor-impeded progress from unconscious energies related to foundations
-crawling out with our hands-abilities hampered by lower expectations
-he threw kerosene on us and lite a match-igniting masculine strong emotional energies
-hologram-interference in life
-ghost-disconnected from social norms

-creepy doll in a diaper holding bottle-repressing emotions/experiences related to childhood innocence and developed of attitudes in adult life
-toys in basement-unconscious searching for comfort and security/lively energies and attitudes in adult life

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

I'm not sure if you had a chance to analyze the dream with the nuclear bomb in sky. I thought I'd add this dream I had last night since it relates to sky as well. I was in the hallway by the kitchen. There were plastic bags on the kitchen floor...perhaps grocery bags. I had some candy/junk food on the floor and heard my mom walking down the stairs from upsairs She doesn't like messy floors so I wanted to move the candy (chocolate candy) to the basement. I quickly grabbed a paper bag on the floor to shove the candy into. After I placed the candy into the paper bag, I noticed the bad was ripped across the bottom so I opened the basement door and thrrw the bag down as my mo approached. The candy scattered near the top of the basment stairs, but I grabbed it with my hands and brought it downstairs to sort. I'm not sure if I looked out the window in the basement or the kitchen, but I might have been with my mom when I did. There were black stormy clouds in the sky. I have never seen totally black clouds before.

I'm not complaining that I had another dream that may be related to this original dream about the beauty salon since part of your interpretation states "doesn't work at a beauty/hair salon
-covering up what is ugly {not attractive}." But I hope I'm not bothering you with all these dreams in a row!

So, here in this dream was where the man in my original dream works (in another beauty field than the beauty salon). He was looking at my handwritten resume and selected me to hire. I didn't know why he selected me or my resume since it was handwritten (old fashioned or outdated) instead of typed out like everyone else's resume, but this was the reason he selected me. He was sure of it. Next, we were in one of his work rooms. He was standing conducting business and assisting others when he was about to assit me when I was sitting waiting to talk to him. I still felt nervous.

Anonymous,
Here is the analysis for the nuclear bomb dream. It has to do with nourishment, mother/motherhood, negative emotional energies and future possibilities. Issues related to your mother seems to be the prime message. The future possibilities may be related to motherhood, you as a mother. Have you given thought to that and in relationship to your childhood?

Amplification of Images/Actions
-hallway in kitchen-seeking nourishment/emotional healing
-plastic bags on floor-burdens from early life foundations you are carrying with you
-grocery bags-emotional needs
-had candy/junk food-allowing oneself to indulge in old ways of thinking related to nourishment
-heard mom walking down stairs from upstairs-needed changes in thinking related to mother/nourishment
-didn't like messy floors-disordered support system/foundations
-wanted to move the candy-make changes related to indulgence
-chocolate candy to basement-unconsciously indulging in excessive thoughts/emotions
-grabbed a paper bag on floor-clutching onto foundational female issues
-to shove candy into-what drives your obsessions
-bag ripped across bottom-burdens your carry related to basic foundations
-opened basement door-unconscious barriers
-threw bag down as mother approached-burdens related to motherhood
-candy scattered near top of basement stairs-unconscious obession
-I grabbed it with my hands/brought it downstairs to sort-clutching to unconscious powers that need resolution
-looked out window with mom-unconscious view related to issues of nourishment
-black stormy clouds in the sky-negative energies for future possibilities

I'll look at your dream posted dream later today.

Jerry

Thanks! When I was younger in my 20s, I didn't want children because I had such an unhappy childhood. I think I was afraid my child would be like me, and I didn't want to see my child suffer like I did. I didn't know if I would be good with kids, but I eventually found that kids liked me. I guess it's like how Angelina Jolie had cold feet at first about having kids. Now, I would love to be a mother. However, it has become physically impossible due to some complications which I'm sad about. If I ever adopted, I dread being interviewed about my childhood.

A few night ago I had another follow-up dream to the man in the beauty salon dream, but I didn't post it since I've been having so many in a row! I'd really like to know if those dreams were in any way related to him or get to the bottom of what all this means with all these dream clues. In this dream (after the resume dream), I was inside his workplace on the outer edge or not in clear view. It was a spa connected to his workplace where I was waiting at the reception area fo him possibly to ask him out. There were female staff behind the des who were friendly. I might have told them something like I was trying to ask him out, but if things got awkward to please help me out (this goes against how I feel in real life since in real life I would prefer others not to make it obvious I like a guy). They agreed. As he approached in his suit from the hallway, he acted very gregarious when he saw the staff. I don't know if he saw me or not because he was preoccupied with smalltalk with the whoel staff or whatever he was talking about. He was in a very good mood, though. Either it was hard to get his attention or I was too afraid to get his attention almost not wanting him to see me, I made eye contact with one of staff who was sittin gbehind the reception desk. But she kept looking at him so I couldn't get her attention to give him some kind of hint thar I liked him or to ask me out. What stands out about this dream is he was going to his spa for treatment on himself as a customer instead of performing the treatment himself on others. So, I got to see him more in my role as a customer.

Anonymous,
The first paragraph of your response sums up a big part of what the 'hand written resume' dream is addressing. "When I was younger in my 20s, I didn't want children because I had such an unhappy childhood. I think I was afraid my child would be like me, and I didn't want to see my child suffer like I did." this is the burdens related to motherhood I noted in my analysis and you as a mother. Add the desire for children with the inability now not to be able to have them you have the basis for strong emotional conflict that seeks resolution {the primary purpose of dreams}. But the foundations for all of this is primarily from childhood and that is where you need to focus your attention. Parents and parenting when you were a child. It is a psychological inquiry that, when fully engaged with proper therapy can lead to resolution and a happier life {not being burdened any longer by the unconscious energies associates with childhood}.

I did look at the other dream and it seemed to be pointing masculine energies which translated to literal experiences probably points to your father {and a good chance those negative energies affected later male relationships}. I picked up on a need to meet masculine expectations {he selected me to hire}. That would most likely apply to your father as well as later male relationships {the former being the motivator for the latter}. Insecurities related to masculine energies {literal as well as development of your inner masculine aspects/animus} is a prime focus of your dreams. Your childhood is where you begin and work from there.

I'll look at the dream from your last post Sunday {I work Saturdays with the family business}.

Jerry

Hi,
Did you get a chance to look at the dream from my last post?

Anonymous,
I did look at it and saw pretty much the same issues. I'll take a deeper look Sunday and review it.

Jerry

Thanks! This dream series marathon ended then.

Anonymous,
The dreams will continue until the issues are resolved. But knowing what the issues are is the first step to resolving them. If you do consciously work toward that end, that too will become a part of the dream scenario. What ever the condition of your emotional life will be the subject matter of your dreams. The current situation as well as the underlying reasons/foundations {which usually is, when resolved, a giant step toward resolution}. Therapy will definitely help. But knowing the issues and how they can affect your current life will help also. If you see the bus coming you can get out of the way before it runs over you. The bus is symbolic of the unconscious emotional energies. It is you and you can control it if you work for resolution. Become the driver of your own life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present