Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DIAMONDS DIAMONDS DIAMONDS

Patrice,
The symbols {images and actions}, diamonds, ring, the number 4, square {4 sides}, engagement and wedding rings all point to one single aspect. Wholeness, the desire of feeling whole. And if it is true of what you stated in the last sentence of your post about your ex, "I don't miss or even think about him so it has nothing to do with wanting to get back with him or anyone else" then the dream would be pointing inward, to your inner self. It is important that you find this within yourself and your life {platinum} wholeness. And if wholeness is lacking then that suggests something is lacking. Romantic relationships are not the issue {as stated in your post} so something other than that is the issue. Which points to inner issues, psychological.

What is missing in your inner life? Only you could know and a good chance you do unconsciously but not consciously {what is unconsciously known but true is what dreams are about}. I can only venture a guess without knowing more about your personal life {including and especially childhood}. Let's examine a possibility using my philosophy that we all possess issues from childhood that go with us all our life that need reconciliation .

A clue could be your ex-husband in your dream, not literal but as metaphor {since you are not interested in getting back with him}. As metaphor ex represents the past and husband the masculine. Past relationships related to masculine aspects could be the representation. Ex-husband could suggest a lack of masculine within yourself which could point to not having this quality which could point to a lack of proper masculine/male relationships in early life. Your desire/need this quality but as stated in your dream, "I didn't want to marry him and there was no feeling of sadness, remorse or anything." The description used may be pointing to an actual male and the prime candidate could be your father. Are there issues in that relationship? If so then look to that as a prime issue that is lacking in your life. Not just the relationship itself but not having received the proper masculine guidance in early life would be in important in forming your opinion of males and future male relationships. Wholeness would be from a proper relationship and if that quality does not exist in your life then marriage/relationships with men could be an issue and the need to reconcile this would be what would lead to wholeness. Of course you can't go back {ex} and redo the relationship with your father but knowing and understanding the emotional energies that exist in your psyche from the relationship would help in reconciling what is missing. You can't right a wrong if you are not aware of what is wrong. That is what dreams attempt to do {the body has the immune system to heal and protect and the psych{ology} has the dream}.

Again the above is pretty much a guess but a good possibility since so many of us {including myself} did not have the proper relationship with their father. But whatever your issue is the dream is definitely pointing to a need or desire for wholeness in your life. What is it that is missing? Is there a void and you can not pin down what it is? Start with childhood and come forward, examine your whole life and determine what is missing psychologically. If your statement is true about not wanting a relationship it not only would point to that as a fact but could suggest there is a reason for it. You have this great desire for wholeness which becomes very important at midlife {when we look back more than looking forward in life}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present