Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Animus Dream

nm13,
I will work on your dream Sunday. In the meantime take a look at the dream in the context of your overall life and especially early life. All dreams have at least two meanings/applications with one addressing foundations/early learning in life. Perhaps the bad amnesia is addressing something you have forgotten or repressed from early life. Wrong dimensions, skipping timelines could also be pointing to this aspect in your life. And what you learned from early life becomes part of who you are and any issues with the animus would carry over to adulthood {aminus issues also}. The good guy in your dream may have associations to males from early life {thus addressing both timelines}. Also look at the current issues being about your masculine self needing to take control in business dealings. Without a proper early life animus relationship {or some other issue with the animus} you may have doubts or issues with your inner masculine.

Hopefully I will be able to sort it out when I analyze the whole dream.

Jerry [mediate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

nm13,
First a little about my method of analyzing dreams.
I am of the strong belief that early life experiences, and in particular childhood, are the foundations of who we become and how we act and react in later life. Later experiences add or alter some of these influences but in general they remain with us throughout life. Dreams highlight the negative aspects with the intent to inform the dreamer of the energies derived from the experiences so there can be a recognition and resolution of them. When that is not done {as is with most people} the energies are a force in later life and often controlling of conscious actions. Whatever your childhood experiences those that possess strong emotional energies are 'stored' in the unconscious waiting to be exposed. That is the primary function of dreams.

Of course deciphering the dream is the major task of an analyst. But by using Jungian concepts that can be done {dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor} with great success. An psychologist will attempt to delve into the unconscious by various means but Jung's concepts go directly into the unconscious by working with dreams, which reveal the true self. Dreams do not lie. It is merely a need to understand what they are attempting to communicate.

That being said my having so little knowledge about the dreamer limits what I can provide on a personal level {what events/experiences in early life and current life are now causing emotional disturbance in waking life}. But knowing the age and gender of the dreamer, and dissecting the images and actions in a dream, allows a trained analyst to see along the periphery of the emotional energies {as with animus projecting masculine qualities}. That is what I do at the Dream Forum and feedback of my analysis allows me to know whether I am on the right track. If you read the thousands of posted dreams and interpretations you will see the success I have {using Jungian concepts}.

Fortunately with your dream post you provided possible insights to what personal issues the dream is attempting to communicate. But that info is very limited and a lot of assumptions must be made on my part.
Note: Fortunately I have had many life experiences {I am 68} and also blessed with an intuitive mind {intuitiveness is a natural characteristic of the human condition but must be enhanced by practice and acceptance}.
Making use of my belief that early life experiences are at the core of who we are, I see strong but subtle masculine energies that influence if not controls your conscious life. When I say subtle I mean energies related to masculine experiences that were noteworthy but not necessarily destructive {as in physical abuse}. My sense of the masculine energies in your dream are from experiences with males in early life {your father being the probable primary personality} whose relationship left its mark on your psyche. The dream is not so much addressing the experiences in detail but relaying how the relationship has shaped who you are and how you act {and react}. The actions and reactions may be the prime energies in the dream, your having to sue a former employer and starting your own business and LLC {both masculine aspects/qualities of 'taking control'}. It is in how your psyche was shaped from early life/childhood that I sense the dream is addressing and the negative energies associated with those early life experiences. Exactly what the negative energies are {associated with males in early life} I can not name without having more personal info. I do sense there are elements of the relationship between your father and mother, some of which have 'rubbed off' on you in adult life. Perhaps when you examine my breakdown of the images and actions you will recognize those qualities. My sense is there are 'forceful projections of these qualities in the dream. These are controlling aspects of how you act and react in your conscious life with the current experiences {with sueing, lawyers and starting your business} depicting the inner energies related to early life. Your experiences with your father and mother with your father being the primary focus of the dream and the driving force in your life in the current time.

Let me note that the boyfriend in your dream may have associations with the guy in your dream but is not the subject matter. If the energies in this dream, and from early life, do have associations they could come out in other dreams, if they possess emotional energies related to those I have named/suggested.

Here is my analysis of the images and actions {I usually analyze these when interpreting most dreams}. A response will be helpful in discovering more of what the dream is trying to communicate. I do ask for a response since I do put a lot of time in analyzing a dream.

Title: Animus Dream
-masculine aspects; hostility

I was dating this guy
-self-discovery and self-awareness of hidden masculine aspects

I think he was the man of dreams, but in the dream at first I had no idea who he was and he explained to me we have been dating a year
-I think he was man of dreams-seeking positive aspects related to masculine issues
-but in the dream at first I had no idea who he was-unaware of unconscious masculine aspects
-he explained to me we have been dating a year-becoming aware of a growing issue {possibly related to an experience from a year ago}

His sister said she had put a spell on me
-emotional energies that influence your life

I have really bad amnesia because at first i kinda blew him off and i tried to kiss his friend bc i got them mixed up
-I have really bad amnesia because I at first blew him off-repression of masculine issues
-I tried to kiss his friend because I got really mixed up-a need to accept rejected/neglected side of self causing emotional mental disorientation {related to masculine aspects}

i think i'm there from the wrong dimension or skipped timelines or something
-escaping reality creating doubts about self and missing out on important aspects in life

but i really don't like his mom or sister
-I really don't like his mother or sister-suppressed aspects related to natural instincts/feminine qualities

but he forgives me and finally start to be cool again and are hanging out
-he forgives me-allowing inner masculine aspects to continue and finally start to be cool again
-I finally start to be cool again and are hanging out-essening emotional masculine energies by allowing them to continue thus helping to alleviate the energies

I helped him save his sister so now he likes me again
-compromising yourself so to accept negative masculine aspects

His dog is getting old and peed all over the floor
-His dog-attributes of masculine characteristic actions and reactions
-is getting old-causing negative aspects in later life
-peed all over the floor-needing a release of emotional energies related to foundations

I talked to his mom a lot
-inner communication of masculine aspects that need nurturing

We had conversations about babies
-inner dialog related to vulnerabilities

I kinda tried to kiss her ass, but she is still a ****** they don't believe me that I have amnesia
-I kinda tried to kiss her ass-being obedient to emotional energies which advance the energies
-but she is still a *****{bitch?}-energies that are continuous and destructive
-they don't believe that I have amnesia-lack of self confidence due to repressed/rejected aspects

Even though I don't know him like he knows me, I do have strong feelings for him
-don't know him, he knows me-unconscious masculine aspects that are not fully consciously know
-I have strong feelings for him-powerful emotional energies related to masculine aspects

He is very kind and righteous
-virtuous energies given to masculine influences/experiences

He is a really good person. I would be with him
-giving positive perception and accepting masculine energies

Also I door dinged his friend and he f*****g filed a police report I was mad annoyed
-I door dinged his friend-denting rejected aspects
-he filed police report-burdens that structure/control your conscious life
-I was mad annoyed-projection of negative energies in conscious life

and i pretended i was gonna throw his phone out the window so he would pull over, but i dropped my wallet instead by mistake
-I pretended I was gonna throw his phone out the window so he would pull over- forceful projection of unconscious energies outward
-but I dropped my wallet instead by mistake-abandon personal values which cause doubt in decision making

---------------------------------
As for the witchcraft dreams {are you Wiccan?}. From the dream Dictionary:
To dream about witchcraft signifies some inner transformation or changes. It may also suggest that something or someone is manipulating you and your surroundings {or unconscious energies are performing this action}.

Jerry

About a year ago, I was planning my move across country, so it makes sense that it would be about the court case and the LLC probably a combination of both. I also had no intention of doing what I am actually doing now, so I think the being of unconscious about that could be attributed to that. In the beginning of the dream my boyfriend was continuously saving me, almost as to say I had no direction myself and that I was in the other guys car mixed up, and he was taking me to police aka authority (working for someone else.) I could also see throwing the wallet out of the window as a few financial struggles that occurred as a result of taking matters into my own hands (having him stop the car.)

I had a very confusing relationship with my father growing up as he was physically abusive but also very protective and like he did care, which could be why I was almost kissing the other guy who actually later would try to control what I was doing, i.e. driving me to go file a police report. I think it might be showing how having that growing up contributed to me being in that situation. because it was kind of similar like I was confused about my employer, like when it was happening. I really thought we were friends, but he ended up taking advantage of the situation. Another situation where I was wondering like okay he is an *******, but he still cares maybe? I was confused about his intentions as I often am when I look back at my childhood. Like he loved me but then again why did he do x, y, z.

Like i blew off my boyfriend in the dream because I was just like ya this guy is a joke. I do tend to assume the best in people or did. but I still even have problems trusting people because I think i really am confused like I can't differentiate between if someone is being nice and cares or has alternative motives. I actually even feel like that with my boyfriend which is interesting.. I really do not know where the line is of someone caring or not. It's really hard for me to tell. but in the dream i seem to realize that my animus cares and I can trust him.

Maybe also I don't like his mom because I was always kind of mad at my own for staying with him. She had a restraining order against him at one point. and he's not my birth father but she chose to get back with him and then proceeded to have multiple kids and they are still together. He's still an ******* but he doesn't hit them anymore, that I know of.

but then it's interesting in the dream he has to forgive me. He is mad I am not trusting him. so maybe i've projected this onto myself as well?

and I guess like after I moved out and have been away from that situation long enough, I can see that it's much more toxic than I originally had thought it was. Even when I was just living there and he was like not physically abusive, he was always and still is verbally and psychologically abusive. I guess I kinda had stockholms syndrome a little bit.

I think it might be showing me I can separate my own animus from not trusting other men and trust my own. and the guy didn't actually file the police report, he was on the way there. So I was probably about to be in another psychologically abusive situation with my boss. Kind of was for a minute (being in the car). and I did think he was my friend too. but I woke up thinking what a jerk he was.

But i don't consider myself any religion. I was raised catholic LOL. I work with intention, as i think most people do, but I think they don't realize. to me all religions are basically the same. I don't really have anyone influencing me at this time. Since I moved out of my home state, I work from home, I don't have any friends here. I don't really do much other than work. My boyfriend is really the only person I talk to. and honestly I go back and forth in that relationship between being like emotionally invested and then being like hm, i wonder if he actually cares or is pretending for some ulterior motive. Like we were doing really well for a couple of months and i'm thinking, oh ya we're forsure gonna end up together, but he kind of ****** me off yesterday so now I'm back at maybe I should just break up with him and move on LOL. but i don't tell him I feel like that because I was just telling him the other day I was emotionally invested and what not. So yes, I'm definitely more conscious of it. but I think it's still affecting me.

Thank you jerry for your help!
I studied jungian psychology & dream interpretation on my own for a few years, so I was getting a lot of the same associations as you, but I was really having trouble applying them, especially to my earlier years. I feel that this is fitting now. Thanks so much!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, F, Denver

nm13,
Thanks for the response. It allows me to delve further into the dream {having the additional personal info you provided}. What makes Jungian psychology so valuable is when personal info is known a trained analysis can interpret a dream to its full extent. Instead of months if not years of trying to rummage through the unconscious there is direct access to such info in dreams. Every dream offers new info but each dream also provides an outline of the emotional energies and when the personal info is added the two blend and the true story emerges.

Reading your response I can see that the boss you reference taking advantage is also your father and his influence in forming who you are in the present {he is the boss of your early life}. It is strange how dreams will use the same images to address past {childhood} and present emotional issues but they do, in every dream. It demonstrates the influence of early life experiences in later life. You identify this with your statement, "Another situation where I was wondering like okay he is an *******, but he still cares maybe?" On one hand your father as well as your boss were your friends but both took advantage.

As for your boyfriend. As I stated in my analysis I don't see that relationship as a focus of this dream {others may do so since there are issues with masculine aspects} but the dream bf being a metaphor for masculine issues. In the beginning, a reference not only to the dream but also to your early life, it is supposed to be the positive {friend part of bf} that saves you. But that is countered with the statement you had no direction yourself {lacking the fully positive relationship you should have received from your father}. The police is symbolic of structure, rules, power, authority and control and the other guy is the masculine psyche showing what is missing. In longer dreams the opening statement usually provides an outline of what the dream is about but because your posted dream is short {you seem to remember more in your response} that is presented in the opening, "I was dating this guy" with the dating being a metaphor for a need for self-discovery and self-awareness of masculine aspects/issues. The wallet fits with the financial struggles but also with a secondary symbolic reference to learned personal values from early life. Those values {referencing the masculine/father} go with you throughout life, they are ingrained within the psyche.

You can look to early life experiences as the confusing aspect of, on one hand tending to assume the best in people but also having problems trusting people. The positive aspect of seeing the best in people {trust} is a natural aspect but because your relationship with your father as well as with the re-enforced experience with the employer the 'did' is now an established energy. This is laying into male relationships and in particular your current relationship with your real bf, "I really do not know where the line is of someone caring or not." There are foundations to all emotions and when you look to early life you find where they come from. You can trust the inner animus because it is your true self.

Then there is your mother. Not much is said in the dream about that relationship but if your look at the actual experiences and compare them to the dream you will probably be able to fit the pieces. What I provided in my analysis was an outline and it with little else said in the dream there is little more that I can offer. There is some 'animus' {hostility} toward your mother and the part in the dream about 'talking with his mother' likely is referencing inner dialog with your negative {father/boss} masculine aspects. If there are actual conversations with your bf's mother then the 'kiss ass' reference probably applies there also. Babies, other than real life references, are symbolic of vulnerabilities and that is a primary focus of your dream.

Your Jungian education shows in your statement, "He is mad I am not trusting him. so maybe i've projected this onto myself as well?" He is your masculine self {it is a given that everyone in a dream is an aspect of the dreamer} and trust is an issue and you are mad at yourself {repressing your negative emotions or/and project your anger onto others}. Dreams have literal applications {real life waking experiences} but the symbolic/metaphorical applications are addressing the inner life, the emotional energies which are at the core of who you are.

Your confusing relationship with your current bf. Look at what we have discussed in the relationship with your father and the foundations of who you are to get to your reactions in that relationship {with bf}. There seems to be issues of trust and it is fairly evident where that comes from {father}. Working through those issues will help with future relationships. Left unresolved they could manifest into worse situations. The primary reason for why we dream is better understand the emotional energies that govern our lives. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, so too the psych{olgy} has the dream.

I am always surprised at what can extracted from a single dream. And I do believe every dream offers an outline of the controlling emotional energies. A 'traditional' psychologist can take hours in getting to the issues whereas Jungians {I consider myself an intuitive Jungian} are able to look to dreams for a lot faster resource. Dreams are like a puzzle with the pieces representations of the differentiating and varying aspects of the psyche. Identify each piece and put into place and you gain a true picture of what it is. It requires a bit of Sherlock Holmes but not a degree in psychology. A lot is very much common sense in many ways {as in foundations always being what support the whole matter whether material or psychological}. An intuitive mind helps. Fascinating always.

Jerry

Super fascinating!! Thanks so much for your help. I surely would not have extracted that much information on my own. I will def be back soon :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, F, Denver

stats from 7-14-10 to the present