Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Literally Going Through Other People

Hi again! You did jog my memory! Now I remember: at the time of the dream I was sharing a flat with a good friend of mine, and she had no income (it's complicated, the way she got herself into that, I'm not going into it now) so I paid for everything. I didn't mind, I saw it as a convenient tradeoff, because the flat was hers, and she needed help and I cared for her. But at times she got insufferably needy, and jealous of my other friends.
At the time of the dream I had sort of inherited a cat from another good friend of mine who had been forced to flee the country (I'm not going into that situation either). My flatmate said she wouldn't accept `the bloody animal', I said I would move out, we had a few stupid arguments over that, and in the end she pouted and moped for a few weeks, then got used to my new pet. She even grew attached to it, but that came much later.
So, I think the daughter in the dream signifies my flatmate and her childish (in my view, anyway) behaviour.
Thank you again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Female Bucharest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Quora

Rheia,
The first dream may have something to do with the experience with your flatmate but I would need more info to make connections to the images in the dream and the actual experience to fit. The preteen daughter would need to have associations to the experience since it is the primary image. Because you do not have a preteen daughter I see the image as a symbol as a reference to you as a preteen {common in dreams, referencing experiences earlier in life}. The second dream seems to be focused on your pagan beliefs {I am considered by many to be a 'pagan' since I see all things in life connected to nature and no longer believe in a personal god}. When did you first begin to question your spirituality? The first dream may be associated to your spiritual beliefs with the preteen daughter a metaphor for experiences as a preteen and the 'immaterial' belief system most pagans hold {most religions the preach the evils of materialism but don't' follow the disciplines required}. Being late could symbolize an ambivalence about religion and/or feeling unsupported in your belief system. Being a short dream {at least what you provided} it is hard to connect the dots.

Below is my analysis of the God dream. See if you can recognize things that fit.

I see God in front of me, He's an old man with lots of grey hair and a grey bushy beard covering the upper part of his robes
-The highest aspect within yourself {God} that you are wishing to obtain {in front}
Also consider 'God' as the father/your father and conflicting feelings toward him {Attitude about God and possible literal feelings toward your real father}
-He's an old man-deeper animus aspects you need/wish to incorporate
-with lots of grey hair and a grey bushy beard-a blurred attitude of wisdom {within yourself}
-covering the upper part of his robes-hidden aspects consciously displayed in your ego life
{robes are 'outer' garments to cover up what's beneath}

I'm very curious about Him, because I'm an atheist and I know He knows it, and He doesn't seem to be bothered by that
-I'm very curious about Him-strong inner animus energies
-He doesn't seem to be bothered by-your true assured self

I respectfully ask Him if I can play with His beard
-obedient to an attitude of going against the norm

There are many women around, they're some sort of a chorus or something, and they frown and scowl at me, and chastise me for my frivolous request
-There are women around-the circumference of who you are but within an emotional environment
-they're some sort of a chorus or something-sum total of your surroundings {emotional and literal}
-and they frown and scowl at me-disapproval of some aspect of self/who you are
-and chastise me for my frivolous request-actions directed toward you/yourself

God says OK, come and play with my beard, and I go to His feet and start braiding His beard
-God says OK-self approval of higher animus aspects
-come and play with my beard-having an unrestrictive attitude
-and I go to His feet and start braiding His beard-foundations for your strong mindset

Then I hear a commotion behind me, and there's a man in the street convulsed with small lightnings coming from the ground, and the women start screaming that it's the end of the world
-Then I hear a commotion behind me-unconscious conflict
-and there's a man in the street convulsed-disturbance in animus path
-with small lightnings coming from the ground-governing forces from early life
-and the women start screaming that it's the end of the world-powerful emotional energies that needs to end

I turn back to God, but now He's no longer an old man, but a much younger one, quite dark, with fiery black eyes, and a wry smile on his handsome face
-acknowledge/defend your true self, seeing yourself with new positive attitudes

He has a pointed beard, very coquettish, he looks more like an Al Pacino type
-committed attitude of being devil's advocate

I tell him, again respectfully, that's so bad he decided to finish the world right now, as I didn't have time to have my lunch
-I tell him, respectfully-being considerate of inner self
-that's so bad he decided to finish the world right now-unresolved negative feelings
-I didn't have time to have my lunch-not receiving spiritual nourishment

He stares at me, becomes serious, and then says OK, go grab a sandwich, I'll postpone it for you
-He stares at me, becomes serious-scrutinizing your position and overcoming barriers
-and then says OK, go grab a sandwich-approval of self attitudes overcoming pressures

Sandwich-pressures/stress {sandwiched between opposite forces}
Eating sandwich-consuming/compelling pressures in your life

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

Interesting, getting their hair stuck in your teeth reminded me of the phrase "get in someone's hair, Slang. to annoy or bother someone."

You seem to find it a bother (and perhaps unnecessary) to have to go "through" all those people. Oh - and, "go through" "2. To be initially screened or handled by another person." Perhaps you felt quite "motherly" at the time of the dream despite not having a child at the time? You were annoyed that you had to handle so many "strangers," to perhaps "check them" first before your daughter went through them, you were trying to protect your daughter. But you were getting annoyed because you felt like you were annoying people in the process. Your daughter does not seem to realize how you are feeling about this until you tell her, and then she agrees to make it a little less unpleasant for you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 F TX

stats from 7-14-10 to the present