Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Stone

Thanks, Jerry.

I look forward to your final analysis. From your reference to the number nine I found the following:

31. The number 144 is a gematrian number often thought to be connected to the concept of "light".

Nice tie-in, as my dream is about bringing light to the 144.

Ray

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58M

Ray,
I am aware of your age and although not of the stage of the journey I assume you have explored much of what is to be known on the path to wholeness. I want to offer some experiences from my own journey {I am 69} and use the language of Joseph Campbell in doing so. If you have not read Campbell it is essential if you wish to grasp the full meaning of the journey and life itself. Here is some of what Campbell had to say about this topic:

BILL MOYERS: You changed the definition of a myth from the search for meaning to the experience of meaning.

CAMPBELL: Experience of life. The mind has to do with meaning. What's the meaning of a flower? There's a Zen story about a sermon of the Buddha in which he simply lifted a flower. There was only one man who gave him a sign with his eyes that he understood what was said. Now, the Buddha himself is called "the one thus come." There's no meaning. What's the meaning of the universe? What's the meaning of a flea? It's just there. That's it. And your own meaning is that you're there. We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget that the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it's all about.

We've established you are on a conscious journey to wholeness. Unless you have these type 'archetypal' dreams as a norm then this would in fact be a 'big' dream pointing to possible movement to a higher stage of consciousness {some people dream big as compensation}. Usually these type dreams come in times of breakthrough. Consciously you are recognizing/have recognized the unconscious powers of the psyche as both metaphysical and learning experiences {cave}. You are participating in the dream as well as observing, having consciously taken the hero journey and learning the powers that come with 'knowing' what's beneath the surface of material life. Overcoming the set attitudes of obedience to the social world and discovering the true self {both symbolized by the stone}. There is little of any separation between the true self, the creative self and the spiritual Self. Discovering the true self, expanding the creative self can/will bring about wholeness and attainment of the Self. This is what the hero's journey is about. Whether it be Luke Skywalker, Prometheus, or other mythological hero pattern, you are traveling your own path but with guidance from those who have gone before you. You are the hero in your own life and by staying the course you become a hero in the larger world. Joseph Campbell has provided the outline of the hero journey and Jung the psychological path that coincides with it. Discovering your path, your psychological pattern is key to true understanding, of yourself as well as the world at large. Discipline is essential because you may have discovered the golden elixir translating that to fit within your life will not be easy. Many obstacles to overcome even when you think you have whether the most difficult of the tasks of the hero journey.

The above is the archetypal application of your dream. But once again I point to the personal interpretation. Have you reconciled that aspect of your life? Look to the earliest memories and evaluated what experiences provided the framework of who you are, the personality and ego? I do see issues in the dream but without knowledge of your personal life I can only outline what I sense. The breakthrough I mentioned may be related to the breakthrough in your hero journey. That could ultimately lead to a personal recognition of the symbolic meaning in the dream, all depends on the stage you are at in your journey. Personally it took until I was about your age before I truly understood this. And when I did it all made sense. Not just the pattern of my personality but also the pattern of my universal life {like Luke I spent much of my life seeking my father, a general motif in mythology and real life}. If you can comment on this aspect of your life, the personal path and experiences and how far you have come on that aspect it could explain a lot. In the dream and your journey.

As for the obstacles in life, the dragons to be slain. They will never cease. As Campbell stated, "life is series of trial and revelations". The great thing about recognizing and following the hero path is there are always the help hands of fate'. Discipline, adhering to this concept has always born out on the positive in my life. And it will work with anyone who travels the spiritual path of the hero. I believe that with all my soul because I have the experience of living it. It took some time and experience in life but what Campbell had to say about fate holds true. I don't need fate, I have the experience. Personally and spiritually. The spiritual aspect {an aspect Jung recognized as embodied in all human psyche} is the most important. That is an experience that has shown to be true throughout my journey. NOt religious, religion is for those who need to follow someone else's path. The hero blazes his/her own path. That is where wholeness leads to, the true self having recognized the SELF. And living it.

Ep. 1: Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth — ‘The Hero’s Adventure’

Jerry [mediate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Jerry-

I do appreciate your interpretation, and I will review it several times. It is good to get another point of view for such things. All I can say about the personal side of the dream is that I practiced active imagination on the dream three times, and all three times I asked what caused the "scar". Each active imagination engaged a different "respondent" from my unconscious mind. The three different answers were:

1. You don't want to know.
2. ...can't say.
3. You are not ready.

I need to do more work, get stronger (ego?) before I AM ready.

Thanks,
Ray

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58M

Ray,
Could be repression. Or it may be you are not quite ready. There are distinct stages of the journey and although you travel a long way there are still lessons to be learned. The inner search is a long psychological journey. Joseph Campbell told many stories about the Holy Grail {the true Self} using the metaphorical references to address the inner search. The same with alchemy. Turning ordinary metals into gold {discovering the true self through inner exploration}. As I stated about being your age before finally realizing my true inner dragons {I started my journey in 1992} I heard what was being said but did not fully grasp what was said until a breakthrough. Then it all made sense {realizing my own personal dragons}. I was free from the bonds that governed my life {unconsciously}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present