Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recurrent dream about a special city...

Anonymous,
I apologize for not analyzing your dream as promised. Here is my analysis.

If you take the images and actions from the dream and apply them to your inner emotions you will likely discover the meaning of the dream.

Dream: In my dream I always see that city in the NL, and I always get a mild feeling of fear.... I am there, and I am happy to be there
Analysis: You are happy in NL,and with yourself which may suggest you are happy with your new surroundings and your decision to relocate.

Dream: but at the same time: sometimes I get lost in sinister places, sometimes I meet bad people, sometimes I realize I am not in that city but in another one that looks similar.
Analysis: The sinister places are inner aspects and likely point to literal external experiences {literal menacing or threatening experiences that possessed strong emotional energies}. The same applies to bad people which on an inner aspect would point to negative actions. There feelings of fear from the first sentence, the similarities of the two places could point to similar situations/experiences that cause negative fears.

Dream: A huge rollercoaster (really, HUGE!!!) in the middle of the main square, I always want so much to ride it but I always feel too scared to do it
Analysis: The roller coaster represents life's frequent ups and downs. You may be experiencing erratic behavior brought on by yourself or a situation. The main square is your center, the primary emotional energies that influence or control how you act/respond to new experiences {living in a new place/NL}. ALWAYS feeling too scared probably points to a personality trait. Fear of new experiences/adventures. That probably points to your fars of failure.

My sense of the dream is one, the experience with the stalker left a strong emotional impression that goes with you no matter where you live. Two, personality traits/issues of failure that are a part of your foundations, early life learning that in many ways set up a fear of failure. Were there experiences in early life that would fit with success/failure issues?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Hello Gerry and thank you so much for your answer...

Sure I have issues with fear of failure, I think this could be because of my education as a child (that's only an option). I feel like if I fail I will be a bit less loved by my dad - I don't want to disappoint him.
So yes the roallercoaster could mean that I am scared to face some challenges in life. I want to quit my job that I know doesn't suit me anymore, since I want to pursue my dream of working as an artist
But I keep on postponing the decision - even if I am quite sure that if I quit this current job I will be happier and I could make it with my dream(s). But I know my dad will be disappointed.... Could it be it?

Also... Are you sure the NL in the dream shouldn't be considered as a literal meaning? In 2 years I have been thinking so much about moving back to the NL and one part of me really wants to: I know I have so much better possibilities to work as an artist there and I really love how life was for me in the NL compared the place where I live now (that in fact I hate). So one part of me really wants to go (I am worried that when I will be older I will forever regret not going) but the other half of me is scared (again!) - what if I fail again (what if I meet my stalker and he kills me), what if I give up an amazing relationship (the one I am building with my current boyfriend) and then I fail and I will be forever regretting the choice of trading love for career and individual experience?

To finish, I am stuck in stagnant situations with some people of my friend's circles, as you mentioned that this sinister places I see may represent bad or repeating actions I take in my life (if I got it well).

I am asking you, is it possible that so many issues I have in different levels of my life get so intertwined in a unique dream??? Even if they seem to have nothing to do with each other?

I wait for your answer if you'like to help me any further with this analysis- I would really appreciate that.
Since ever I love dreams and trying to find meaning in them.

Thank you Gerry!

Camilla :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25F

Anonymous,
I'll give more attention to your response tomorrow and give a better response. Your response provides a lot to the personal possibilities and that allows a better possibility to what those are.

As to your question as to NL {do you mean the Netherlands?}. Yes, there will be literal applications. Depending on the strength of the emotional energies/experiences associated to NL {the literal experiences during your time there} and what motivated/created those energies {recent and from earlier life}, that part is being addressed by the dream with some degree. This aspect of the dream is personal and as a dream analyst I can determine the pheriple energies from the images, actions and symbols but only give best 'informed' guess at the personal. But the two will have to do with each other, the inner emotional energies motivating/influencing the outer actions, and vice versa. Your insecurities with failure as a child are defined and exposed in the metaphorical dream language. But the literal will be a part as well. Depending on the strength of the emotional energies from life experiences {personal DNA is always a factor} is what determines if there is a greater possibility, and to what degree, they will continue to influence/motivate throughout life. You can trace your relationship with your dad to your fears of failure. And that's important because when you realize what that are, what you do in life is influenced/motivated in your actions as an adult. Discovering what they are, and accepting the fact that they do exist, you have taken a big step in finding a solution and to healing {and ending the negative energies ability to influence/motivate}.

As to NL having a literal application as well as having metaphorically applications. All dreams will have both. Sometimes they will have more. Depending on the individual energies/experiences involved, the literal can be the featured aspect within a dream and the metaphorical reference having a lesser role. I, like Jung believe this is be true and I have seen it as fact in my analysis of 1000s of dreams at the Forum. I see the metaphorical as always important because it is about the original source, or the foundations of the energies that created the powers to influence/motivate through life from the beginning. The earliest years of childhood posed with a developing brain {which is tuned to a certain rhythm by nature} are our foundations as individuals. The fact you have several friends who share the same or similar situations at home, that is 'universal' shared experiences that fables, tales and myths are about. You have your detailed personal emotional/life issues. That's the dream but with an expanded reference to the metaphorical images and symbols.

When I provide an initial analysis, with the limited info I have with little or no personal info, interpreting the various images and actions is not that difficult when using Jungian theory and concepts. A good knowledge of mythology, or more specifically the understanding of mythology with its intricate associations as a source to emotional energies and to dream symbology, is all that is required {a good intuitive mind is a definite asset}. Years of analyzing dreams of course helps. Patterns of emotions and emotional energies, the bases of all myths and dreams.

You know the story of Star Wars where Luke {the hero motif} is looking for his father {a standard motif of psychological energies, one which applies to my personal life}. These stories/myths are standard representations of the strong human energies within a society. And they are 'clues' to what they represent in dreams. Your detailed individual experiences addressed in a dream can only be known by you. When I learn those the associations become evident and verifiable. Verifying the results are important because that is the science and the science is the only exact measure of truth that can be determined {in the physical realm}. I base my analysis on the science and apply my intuitive mind to the deeper representations and possibilities to what the dream is trying to convey to the dreamer.

An important thing to understand about dreams is they are therapeutic. Dreams are nature's tool to help heal and protect the human psychology. The body has the immune system, the psych the dream. Not a difficult concept to reconcile.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present