www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Joseph Campbell- Jung and the Shadow System {with short video}

This short video {6 minutes} provides insights of how the unconscious works. In it Campbell gives a brief description of Jung's shadow which is the same as Freud's unconscious. The shadow is a constitution of repressed experiences that the ego does not want to acknowledge because of the 'shocks' it exposes to consciousness. The conscious mind is completely unaware of these 'energies' because of the 'shocks'. THey are repressed or hidden. Examples of such shocks are extreme emotional or sexual abuse in childhood which were/are so frightful they are blocked from consciousness. These repressed experiences are what Jung termed the personal unconscious because they come from personal experiences. They are the structures of the individual life hidden beneath surface of consciousness that 'drive' a person in later life. What is experienced in the earliest years of life are the foundations for the rest of the life.

But there is also the biology of the body which is what Jung called the collective unconscious. These 'energies' are common to mankind as a whole and originating in the inherited structure of the brain. The collective unconscious is sometimes called the objective psyche. It refers to the idea that a segment of the deepest unconscious mind is genetically inherited and is not shaped by personal experience. It is common to all human beings and is responsible for a number of deep-seated beliefs and instincts, such as spirituality, sexual behavior, and life and death instincts

It is out of these two centers that dreams originate. Dreams are primarily related to the personal unconscious since they are emotional energies that are in conflict {which the dream attempts to convey so there can be a resolution to the experiences}. These dreams experiences can be interpreted by personal associations. But dreams also have images that are from the collective unconscious and these can be interpreted by using mythology {the collective experiences of mankind}. It is during times of realizations and transformations in life the collective images come up. Thus every dream has at least two interpretations, the personal which can be interpreted by personal associations {using the couch} and the collective energies that are outlines of the biological energies within the unconscious. When I analyze a dream not knowing anything about the dreamer's personal life {as I do at my Dream Forum} I am able to provide an outline of the emotional energies. When I have personal information about the dreamer I can connect the dream images/actions to the waking life experiences, current as well as in the past.

Video: Jung and the Shadow System

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present