Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terrifying car dream

Had a nightmare last night. Dreamed about going out for a walk in a place I'm unfamiliar with during the day. As I returned home, I saw my mom and my sister across a street. My mom asked me "Where have you been?" calmly, like not in a panic or anything, I'm about to answer when my sister screams "Rylin! Watch out!" I looked to my left and saw this dark blue 1980s car going insanely fast. It looked like a 1980s Crown Victoria. If I had taken another step or two, it would've hit me for sure. It was so close, I could've reached out and touched it. I felt the Wind between the car and I.

It was terrifying. After that, I ran to my mom and my sister and before I could even really process what happened, a 1990s red car that looked like a Pontiac Fiero just... veered off the road and came right at us. We ducked down into a ditch to avoid it. Next thing, the red car comes toppling down into the ditch, nearly rolled onto my head. Then a dark green van that looked like a 2000s Dodge Caravan just slams right into the ditch. Somehow, none of us were hurt.

When I'm in a light sleep, I can lucid dream. Nightmares usually wake me up enough to begin lucid dreaming. So at this point, I became aware, grabbed my mom and sister, teleported us to a hospital. Then I woke up.
Terrifying.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Female, Maine USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I searched up dreams about cars attempting to run me over

Re: Terrifying car dream

Rylin,
I'll analyze your dream later today or in the morning. In the meanwhile you may want to investigate your ability to lucid dream. They can be a great asset in delving into the unconscious and a great way to communicate with yourself to discover who you really are and why. As well as provide clues to help improve your life. This article may help.
How to train your brain to lucid dream

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Re: Terrifying car dream

Rylin,
Because I am only able to provide an outline of emotional energies from a dream and not actual personal experiences {especially recent experiences which the dream would be addressing} I can read the underlying energies that guide you through life but not the details. My sense from your dream is life changed early on that has caused great distress {at age 10?} in your life, life altering experiences that continue to affect you. That seems to be the basic message of the dream as an underlying cause for strong emotional energies in your life.

But there is likely recent experiences that are associated with these underlying experiences and energies the dream is also addressing. The dream does seem to address particular personality traits {sensitive personality} and that may be the issue that affects how you process current experiences and which could cause a strong emotional response {and the reason for the dream. There is a need to address the underlying issues so a healing can take place {earlier life experiences that have caused strong emotional reactions in adult life}. Understanding and reconciling the underlying issues is an important step in the healing process.

The questions are:
What early life experiences were there that would cause you to develop these strong emotional energies? Changes that occured during early life and possibly reinforced later in life {age 20}.

What recent experiences would there be that would be associated with the early life experiences? Personality and developed attitudes {basically formed in early life} probably have connections to recent experiences. The experiences would have had strong emotional energies.

The terrifying aspect of the dream may be how a life experience comes about compared to what would be normal. Example: it would be terrifying to lose your job.

Below I have provided a break down of the images and actions. This may help in understanding the dream message.

Images and Actions
-going out for a walk in a place I'm unfamiliar with during the day-unconscious motivations/conscious driven by unconscious energies
-As I returned home-being your true self
-mom and sister across street-natural instinctive drives related to neglected aspects
-My mom asked me "Where have you been"?-seeking emotional nourishment
-calmly, like not in a panic or anything
-sister screams-emotional cry for help {unconscious}
-look to my left-repressed thoughts/passive attitude {personality trait}
-saw this dark blue 1980s car going insanely fast-year you were born {29 yo}. your direction in life {car}.emotional energies that are fixed as you go through life
-1980s crown victoria-superior status at birth
-taken another step or two hit me-developing attitudes that would completely disable
-reach out and touch it-connecting with experiences that cause you to feeling emotional {sensitive personality}
-I felt the Wind between car and I-life forcing energies

-It was terrifying-unresolved emotional issues
-ran to mom and sister-shared inclination
-could process what happened-
-1990 red car/Pontiac Fiero-age 10/lower status
-veered off road/came right at us-off chosen or preferred path/direct experience
-car came toppling down into a ditch, nearly rolled onto my head-experiences that caused emotional baggage
-dark green van-emotional experiences that affected personal growth
-2000 Dodge Caravan slams into ditch-age 20/life altered by earlier life experiences

-lucid dreaming-controlling your destiny
-became aware-conscious awareness
-grabbed mom and sister-getting mentally hold of shared experiences
-teleported us to a hospital-escaped emotional distress/healing

Jerry [mediate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present