Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Amorphous Mushroom Monster

Swirlywirlyman,
Please do read the whole analysis and let me know your thoughts. Added info and feedback may provide more clues to the dream message.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Thank you for all of the interpretation of this dream, Gerald. Yeah, I'm still really stumped on this one. It's so dark and weird. It's hard for me to point to specific things in my life that the images or actions of the dream represent. I didn't think my father had a huge role in the dream, but now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps this dream could be a picture of my life right now. I'm not satisfied with my job, and I followed in my father's footsteps for a career. That could be the scene of him dropping me off. The mushrooms seem specific enough to perhaps represent something more than just "negative subconscious feelings," but I'm not sure what. I agree with your interpretation of the ideal friend as being my ideal self. He showed up in a different dream this summer, and in the dream, I killed him and wept bitterly because of it. Then a wise old man came and told me to get over it and move on, that it was ok, but I refused to be consoled. I interpreted that dream to mean that it was time to leave certain reckless younger man activities behind me. I had that dream right after a hang-glider crash. I consider the character in this dream that the monster grabs to be the same character I killed in that earlier dream. If that is so, then maybe it was a bad thing that I killed him, rather than a good thing like I previously thought, because it seems like he is important and worth rescuing from the monster. Also, what could the magical/psychedelic pink goo represent? It was very glowy and alluring in the dream, with a strong aura around it. But it ultimately leads to the creation of a monster. Something I am being tempted by perhaps. Also, what is with the clove oil? It was very specific, and the only time I have ever heard of clove oil was in a high school science class, we used it to kill a tank of baby fish. Other than that I have never heard of or seen it, ever. I read somewhere that in a dream if something is told to you by an unseen voice, it must be taken very seriously. An unseen voice told me that what was in the jar, which was different than the pink goo at the time, and what caused the monster to go back in the jar, was clove oil. What could that mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Male USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} 12/6/19

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? great

Swirlywirlyman,
I appreciate the response and the added info. Every dream is a teaching tool and although experience allows great insights to a dream there are always new possibilities.

Analyzing a dream without personal information limits if not prohibits the ability to provide recent associations to the dream images, symbols and actions. If you can not find connections to your father {there are connections, perhaps not troublesome but if you lived with him as a child there would be influences passed down} then he, in the dream, would likely represent authoritative energies {as I noted}. In that respect current emotional energies could be what the dream is trying to communicate. All dreams have at least two interpretations/applications, one addressing early life influences and experiences {when personality and attitudes where developed} and another addressing more recent emotional energies. One usually trumps the other but both are part of the dream. I do see the possible early life associations that could be the catalyst for the 'reckless younger man activities' since childhood and early life development most likely play a role in those traits. I will look at the dream and the new personal info you have provided and see what associations I can find to the experiences you noted.

Jerry

Swirlywirlyman,
I overlooked the info concerning your career, and following in your father’s footsteps. That is where your father’s influence comes into play, the early life experiences I mentioned as a part of every dream. I have this philosophy on dreams few others follow. All dreams address current emotional situations as well as foundations for the dreamer’s attitudes and personality. The foundations are readily readable in the outlines of a dream but the personal experiences are not. The former affects the latter {common sense tells us this}, the foundations become an intricate and important part of who we become in later life. The emotional energies you possess in this respect are a part of the dream because there is conflict from it. A question that may be helpful is did you want to follow in your father’s footsteps careerwise? Examine the full extent of why you chose to follow your father and see what conflicting emotional energies surrounding that choice during the time you made it.

As for the added info. Your father dropping off would be what I originally offered {but it could also be other possibilities as well since all dreams if not all images/symbols have AT LEAST two applications}. You were motivated and guided by your father’s career choice. If motivated was it pressure from your father or pressure on yourself to do so? Either way it created emotional energies which needs better understanding {one prime purpose of dreams, to help resolve emotional conflicts}.

The mushrooms also could follow my original thinking. The growth from early life and eventual career choice would be difficult now since you do have regrets. Mushrooms can also symbolize unwise decisions in your waking life. That would fit with your career choice. The mushroom is a part of the title which in my ideology provides strong insights to what the dream message is. Thus your assessment of the mushrooms represents ‘negative subconscious feelings’ would be correct.

Note. Looking at the dream and the added personal info I do believe a major focus in the dream is your career choice. The whole dream would fit with this assessment. It would be one application {albeit it important} of emotional energies the dream is addressing.
The swamp was dark and creepy with low mist.
-swamp was dark and creepy-foreboding insecurities in your life due to unconscious
-low mist-confusion and uncertainty in your waking life/a need for some clarity in a current situation

Other topics you asked about in your response.
The friend, yes he is you {a standard in dreams representing a positive aspect or what should be or have been a positive aspect. The younger man is a younger you. What you admired about him {yourself} would involve personal info, looking back to when you were younger {perhaps before making your career choice?}.
The negative emotions on a career choice would be the one fungus. But it is in a cluster on a stump {something or someone is preventing your growth or forward progress}. Collective bad decisions? That would fit with where you are now as an adult.

The clove oil could represent a desire for love and acceptance of your choices in life. A wish things were running more smoothly in your life {oil}.

The pink fluorescent goo would also fit with career choices. Goo is something that stick on you {like father like son}. It is the merchandise you are living with {emotional energies}. It has created the monster {negative emotional energies} you now live with {career and other applications}. The monster {negative emotional energies} going back into the jar {seeking protection} is temporary relief from negative emotional energies. This is usually caused by repressing certain aspects related to the energies.

The gilder incident you referenced. That would be the result of bad choices yes. But why would you make such bad choices {not that gliding is necessarily in itself a bad choice}. A cluster of fungus/mushrooms? That would be what a dream is attempting to resolve.

As for the unseen voices. That is your unconscious coming through. That occurs during dreams, daydreams and even hallucinations. It speaks only the truth without the ego bias. You should always listen to the unconscious when presented through dreams since it is nature’s tool to help resolve emotional conflict.

Summary
All in all I believe my original analysis is pretty much correct, at least in its outline. If you read my interpretation of the images and actions you will see how well they do fit {using my explanation}. But what concerns me outside career choices is the cluster of mushrooms {bad decisions} and why you make/made them. Choices are often a result of personal traits and personality. I would look back to early life and determine the evolution of your personality and see what may have caused you to have a propensity for your decisions in later life. The dream is addressing where you are in your adult life as well as why. The two applications of all dreams {and often more}. Let me know your thoughts once you have done this. Other aspects of negative energies could be revealed. As the dream stated, ‘I got inside and saw that it was the observatory of a mushroom farm’. Going inward psychologically will reveal the true you and your true life from beginning to the present.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present