Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I was given a "do over".

Angie,
First let me point out a few things about dream analysis/interpretation to help you understand my philosophy and the way I analyze dreams.

--dreams are about emotional energies, the dreamer's emotional energies
--all dreams have at least two meanings/applications. the language in dreams are symbol and metaphor of the emotional energies, but there is also often a literal application as well {a house represents the dreamer but could point to an actual house the dreamer is familiar with}
--there is structure to dreams with the beginning usually lays out what the dream message is about {in general}. There is a plot which points to the emotional energies involved and which is often repetitive {especially in long dreams} and then a climatic or conclusion which will provide guidance or sometimes a solution {rare}
--I am able to provide an outline of emotional energies but seldom able to provide actual experiences. Only the dreamer knows their life story and until I know that story an outline is the best I can do

for more about dreams read A Simple Guide to Dreams

With that I have the dream broken down by images and actions with my interpretation.

Dream Title {which often provides insights to the dream message}
I was given a "do over"
-an emotional rehearsal

Dream and Interpretation of Images/Actions
In my dream im in a strange house - though in the dream it feels as though its supposed to be my house, it has similar qualities to different homes i have lived in all mashed together, and at the beginning of the dream my daughter and I are in my her bedroom. I crack open her bedroom door and look down the hallway (The house in this dream has a long hallway that goes from her bedroom door straight into the livingroom - much like a single wide trailer we once lived in about 7-8 years ago.)

In my dream im in a strange house
--unknown/ignored/repressed emotional energies
though in the dream it feels as though its supposed to be my house
--who you should should be emotionally
it has similar qualities to different homes i have lived in all mashed together
--constant emotional energies throughout your life
and at the beginning of the dream my daughter and I are in my her bedroom
--shared energies {with daughter}/ past and present, emotional energies you experienced as a teen that began in earliest life and continue to possess {albeit unconscious}

(though yet again its not the same bedroom she has now nor is it like any room she has ever had - it just feels in the dream as though this is my daughters bedroom)
--actual experiences you fear for your daughter

My husband, her step-father, is at work and we are laying on her bed watching a movie and hear something in the living room

My husband, her step-father, is at work
--hidden elements you are hiding or repressing/masculine aspects at work in your psyche/anxieties toward an actual real male person
we are laying on her bed watching a movie
--unconscious emotional energies being played out in real life possibly involving intimacy
hear something in the living room
--unconscious energies projected onto your conscious life

I crack open her bedroom door
--exposing unconscious energies {possibly involving intimate aspects}
and look down the hallway
-unconscious aspects seeking conscious attention {hallway is a connection between conscious and unconscious mind}

(The house in this dream has a long hallway that goes from her bedroom door straight into the livingroom - much like a single wide trailer we once lived in about 7-8 years ago.)
--repressed aspects related to projected emotional energies in conscious life

Looking straight down this hallway I could clearly a man going through something in the corner of the living room, and where he stood his back was directly to me.
--within your unconscious energies are masculine aspects {animus/actual person} causing a lack of control of conscious actions, your attitudes and personality

I walked quietly down the hall and tried to urge my daughter to stay in her room but typical of her teenage nature and stubborn personality, she wasn't having any of it and I couldnt risk being heard, I didnt fight I just made sure she stayed behind me.

I walked quietly down the hall and tried to urge my daughter to stay in her room
--repressing emotional energies related to self/daughter
but typical of her teenage nature and stubborn personality
--teenage experiences/influences governing adult attitudes/traits
she wasn't having any of it
--not realizing/unaware of unconscious energies
I couldnt risk being heard
--a need to become consciously aware of unconscious fears of confronting negative emotional energies/repression
I didnt fight I just made sure she stayed behind me
-consciously following controlling unconscious energies/repression
As I got closer to him I noticed a hammer on the table by the couch and gently picked it up and walked up behind him, intent on swinging it and at least knocking him out or something.
As I got closer to him
--becoming aware of unconscious masculine aspects {animus/real male experiences}
I noticed a hammer on the table by the couch
--strong masculine aspects that require conscious attention
gently picked it up and walked up behind him
--raising unconscious related masculine aspects to conscious awareness using self introspection
intent on swinging it and at least knocking him out or something
-becoming aware and resolving unconscious masculine related issues

He turns around and has a knife in one hand and what I assume to be a crowbar in the other.
--unconscious recall of repetitive experiences/emotions that need cutting away/unconscious energies that need forced out into consciousness awareness
Note: the last two sentences may point to current experiences causing an intuitive awakening of past experiences involving a male

I of course feel everything happening in slow motion - and my swings feel like i'm not getting anywhere, yet the slow motion gives me time to react to his swings back so at this point neither of us are doing any damage to the other.

feel everything happening in slow motion
--loss or normal functioning
and my swings feel like i'm not getting anywhere
--causing mood swings/preventing normal functioning
yet the slow motion gives me time to react to his swings back so at this point neither of us are doing any damage to the other
-repressing emotional energies to avoid conscious harm

My daughter runs around to attack him and while I don't know for sure what happened I do know I look down and see her lifeless body on the floor, head twisted like her neck was broken, and blood coming from her skull. I look at the intruder and set the hammer down at his feet and just say go ahead.

My daughter runs around to attack him
--your true self {as a daughter} expressing inner anger
while I don't know for sure what happened I do know I look down
--unconscious aspects you are unaware of
see her lifeless body on the floor
--living life without proper foundations or normal functioning affecting self worth/esteem

(he killed my only child what point is there left of living?) He then swings something at me (no clue what it was) and everything goes black.
(he killed my only child what point is there left of living?)
--your dead inner child where self worth and self esteem are at risk
He then swings something at me (no clue what it was) and everything goes black.
--confusing masculine energies that causes repressed memories
--intuitive recall {involving current experiences} of past experiences that are repressed

I am IMMEDIATELY back at where the dream started, in the same bedroom with my daughter watching some movie and we hear the sound again, everything goes EXACTLY the same, until I am swinging at this guy I am going nuts and I end up killing him, this time my movements are not nearly as slow (though they arent exactly FAST either) but his are just as slow as before, or seem to be to me, since I can almost predict what he is going to do as it was all playing out the exact same way it had the first time.
I am IMMEDIATELY back at where the dream started
--actual experiences reflecting unconscious, repressed emotional energies/past experiences
--back at beginning of dream, being in a strange house/unknown or repressed energies
in the same bedroom with my daughter watching some movie and we hear the sound again
--in a similar place as your daughter {either actual or as a fear} revising your past experiences reflecting inner emotional energies {sound again}
everything goes EXACTLY the same
--EXACT same experiences, a literal application {could reflect a true current experience}
until I am swinging at this guy
--putting up a defence against masculine energies/actual male
I am going nuts
--losing one’s senses {negative senses of not reacting accordingly}
and I end up killing him
--making changes to masculine aspects/actions toward a male{s}
this time my movements are not nearly as slow (though they arent exactly FAST either)
--not restricting your reactions but with reservations {due to repressed energies}
but his are just as slow as before, or seem to be to me
--being powerless in the past experiences
since I can almost predict what he is going to do as it was all playing out the exact same way it had the first time
-intuitive/actual sensing of possible experiences {current} related to your past {may ne real or as a fear}

After all this is over and the man is dead on the floor my daughter runs to grab her phone and call 911 and then I wake up.
After this is all over
--reflective of past experiences
the man is dead on the floor
--changes in attitudes toward males
my daughter runs to grab her phone
--messaging the unconscious
Call 911
--immediate emergency actions required
I wasn't aggitated when I woke up, wasn't scared or upset. If anything I was happy I was able to protect my daughter the second time and prevent this guy from hurting her. The man in my dream was nobody I know, not familiar at all, all I can really remember about him was be was bald and about my height (5'6")

This could reflect the dreams positive message. Current experiences may need your immediate attention and because you are aware of the probabilities {either consciously or intuitively} past experiences give you cause to react positively {instead of ignoring the possibilities/probabilities}. The second time would reflect the original experience and the need to protect yourself from the repressed emotional energies {by resolving them} as well as possible happening of the same experience with your daughter {if not a reality then as a fear caused by your own experiences, experiences that need resolution}.

Memory about the man, a nobody, could point to repressed energies {as in someone you see as trusted but betrays that trust}.

The man being bald may reflect the self esteem issues caused from the experiences {with a male} and the 5’6” reflective of not reaching your full potential, your full height in life {6 would represent balance, tranquility, perfection, warmth, union, marriage, family, and love. 5 would represent a need to alter your course so to resolve your issues and possibly {if it fits with your daughter and current partner relationship} alter how you act/react toward the current situation in life {between daughter/father}.

Summary
I sense there are childhood issues that have been repressed involving a male experience{s}. And/or a second, 'recurring' experience involving your daughter, or a fear of the possibility. The fear may be real or it could be a reflection of your own experiences, so strong it causes undue concern {you should know the difference if your daughter has issues with her father/step father}. The end of the dream seems to point to doing something different, in how you reacted to your own original experience {by resolving the emotional energies from that experience}, or a second time experience that is real {involving your daughter}, or a fear of as a possibility. This seems to be the primary message of the dream.

I do ask for a response to my analysis. An in depth resolve would be greatly appreciated since my dream forum is as much a learning experience {for myself as well as others} and a response can provide insights.
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present