Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Culinary orders for the banquet

I had a recurring dream {dreamed, woke up, dream continued where it left off when I fell back to sleep) which left me disturbed, it still lays heavy on my heart, like an urgent distress.

I was in a dining hall, cleaning. The hall was empty but there was a more formal and important function occurring in a different hall in the building. The event had been underway and the food that was prepared was about to be served. I had nothing to do with the event or service. It was a joyous gathering with cheerful people in fine dress.

As I was standing there, a server came to me and said “They want you to prepare a meal.” I said “but the meal has already been prepared by the chef and is about to be served” and continued with the task I was doing.

Some time passed and the server returned and said “The Master of Ceremonies wants you to prepare a meal.” I questioned why? And told him that they were already serving the meal that the chef had prepared.”

Finally, the Maitre D' came to me and said “The Master of Ceremonies wants you to prepare the meal for the guests.” I replied that the guests had already been served and were already eating the meal the chef had prepared. I was distressed by this and I thought any effort was pointless because I thought the people were ungrateful and wouldn't appreciate the meal anyway.

Finally, I went into the kitchen which was dark with only daylight coming from a window in an entrance door. I could see scattered food laying about which had been prepared and served. The burners were still lit as though the kitchen had been quickly abandoned. There was poultry simmering, some veg and a morsel of some kind of boultette / de viande. It tasted odd and bland. I knew I had to pull off a miracle but didn't know how to do it. I am a very good chef and I began pondering a meal. Disturbed, I woke up and the dream never returned. I am disturbed by this dream. Why would I begin to cook a meal when the guests are already eating? What the hell does it mean? It haunts me like the guilt of a murder I've hidden. I don't like this at all. It seems to be intensifying too. I feel an urgent calling and I'm frightened by it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 / male / Reading, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Search

Re: Culinary orders for the banquet

gregory,
I am working on your dream and hope to have an interpretation later today. The dream does seem to point to 'emotional nourishment' and what is lacking from what has prepared you for in life.

As for more recent experiences and emotional energies. You may involved with an event or experiences where you are required to do or provide something and you feel or think it is useless to do so. You may have attempted to perform this task but abandoned the effort for one reason or another.

Note: As a dream analyst possessing little or no personal info I am at best limited at providing an outline of emotional energies. It would require an in-depth knowledge of you and your life to name actual events or experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Re: Culinary orders for the banquet

Gregory,
My sense of the dream is you lack the ability or refusal to provide emotional nourishment to others/another because you were never provided it in your childhood. Food/meal is symbolic of emotional nourishment. The chef would be the persons who raised you {father/mother}. The Master of Ceremonies would be the governing energies within your psyche and/or parent{s}. Passing time would be the present time and you are governed by existing emotional energies from early life. The request for you to cook the meal would represent a requirement you provide emotional nourishment and questioning it would be an inability to do so. You are eating/governed by what was provided in early life by the chef {father?}.

The dark kitchen is your early life where emotional nourishment was prepared/provided. The light coming through the entrance door is the opportunity to overcome the 'darkness' but because emotional nourishment was 'scattered' at best in your childhood. You are unable to provide proper nourishment to others because this is the way you are programmed.

As for the dream statement 'The burners were still lit as though the kitchen had been quickly abandoned'. Were abandoned by a parent or important person in your early life? Because of a lack of proper emotional nourishment your emotional life has been bland and is a sample of how you feel/act as an adult. It could be you are in a current situation that requires you to provide positive nourishment but because of your programming you are unable to do so. It may be because of your personality {with foundations lacking proper emotional nourishment} you tend to find alternative ways to provide what you emotionally are incapable of providing {for yourself and/or others}. Bad choices or actions, addictions as substitutes as examples may be some of the alternatives.

Does this describe {or closely} your life? Let me know your thoughts and with additional personal information I will be able to provide a more precise analysis {not possessing personal info limits my ability to merely providing an outline of your emotional energies}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present