Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A calm flood?

Last night I dreamt it was flooding and the fingers on my left hand were swollen. Someone poked my fingers from pinky to thumb with a needle and when the swelling decreased, so did the flood, until the only things left were wet pebbles and stones everywhere. I was calm/content for the entirety of the dream. What does it mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Female, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Re: A calm flood?

Kacie,
Most dreams focus more on underlying emotional energies that come from early life foundations and experiences. But I sense this dream is more about recent emotional situations while noting personality traits and attitudes {the underlying emotional energies}. Have there been recent experiences where your emotions could have taken over but you were able to control your emotions {because of the ability to do so}? You are able not to let minor stresses and anxieties take over when cooler minds need to be in control. This ability would be a personality trait and traits and attitudes come from early life foundations and experiences.

Here is a breakdown of the images and actions {by sentence}

A calm flood?
Last night I dreamt it was flooding and the fingers on my left hand were swollen. Someone poked my fingers from pinky to thumb with a needle and when the swelling decreased, so did the flood, until the only things left were wet pebbles and stones everywhere. I was calm/content for the entirety of the dream. What does it mean?
Title: A Calm Flood
-discharging your emotions

I dreamt it was flooding and the fingers on my left hand were swollen.
-powerful emotions that could become even more inflated
---flooding-overpowering emotional energies
---left hand-an ability to control/contain emotions
---were swollen-making more out of something than it is

Someone poked my fingers from pinky to thumb with a needle and when the swelling decreased, so did the flood, until the only things left were wet pebbles and stones everywhere.
-giving attention to emotional issues relieving pressures in your life to the point you have them under control. What were thought to be or could have been major emotional issues relegated to minor issues
---poked my fingers from pinky to thumb-mentally acknowledging an emotional situation to the point they do not dominate your life
---with a needle-with emotional restraint
---swelling decreased so did the flood-emotional release ending enormous stress
---pebbles and stones everywhere-only minor stresses and negative attitudes

I was calm/content for the entirety of the dream {waking feelings toward a dream are relevant to the dream meaning}
-a positive personality trait/ability

A response is requested to my analysis.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Jerry,
I recently moved jobs to be closer to my mom, and I’ve been trying to write a book. My mom is also in the beginning process of a divorce, and her husband is...intense for lack of a better word. There are a lot of stressful and emotional things going on this month, but I have been able to control my emotions for the most part.

I tend to get overwhelmed by what’s going on sometimes, but I don’t let anyone else see it, and after some of the big things I’ve dealt with, the minor difficulties barely feel like difficulties at all.

Thank you for analyzing my dream. I feel like I have a better understanding of what it means now, and I really appreciate your help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, female, texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} 1/21/20

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Kacie,
Thanks for the reply. The dream is addressing your current emotional state of mind and being able to control your emotions during these trying times. From the recent job change as well as the issues related to your mother.

Dreams are about the emotions and address both the literal experiences during the time period of the dream as well as the foundations for how you manage your emotions, the developed attitudes and personality traits you exhibit. Most images/actions are symbolic of your emotional energies but there are also literal applications {less often than symbolic}. An experienced dream analyst using Jungian concepts can read the outlines of the emotional energies and when possessing personal information about the dreamer link the symbolic images and actions to the actual experiences currently affecting you {emotionally}. The dream pointed to current strong emotional issues that threaten your emotional well being {the flood} as well as your ability to contain/control your emotions. Most of what I provided in my interpretation of the symbolic images and actions seem to fit. Of course all I have to go on outside the dream contents is your age and gender and that limits my ability to provide any personal applications. Additional dreams would expand on these emotional energies and would likely provide clues to your 'normal' attitudes and personality traits, the usual inability to control your emotions during stressful times {I take it from your response that is the norm}.

The one factor that is not readily available from the dream and in the personal info you provided is your wanting to write a book. Often the ability to focus on the creative self will provide inner strength when having to address stress and anxieties. When one utilizes the creative aspects of the psyche they are using their greater self which can provide strength in other emotional aspects of life. Your desire to write may be why you are able to better control your emotions and if so imagine the positive aspects it can provide later in life. When you are in the creative realm you are in what Jung called the true self, not controlled by society or outside influences but a focus on your inner strengths. Creativity is an expression of your true self and utilizing the creative mind you have a release mechanism for your stress and anxieties. You are still relatively young so I would do all I can to follow through on your desire to write.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present