Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recent Dream

aim bot,
I misunderstood your list of external factors. But with what you state in this post there does seem to be mother issues that need examination. Specifically how this statement plays into your choice of women; "My mother lacks the ability to understand me at the level I operate, intellectually, and she says as much all the time ("when you and your Dad get going I have no idea what you're talking about, I can't keep up")."

You state, "I'm not pursuing my mother, I'm pursuing women with the traits I've evaluated as a good partner." In light of the above statement how does your impression of your mother affect your choice in relationships? And the unrequited romances you noted. Why so many? I suggest you look deeper into your childhood experiences involving your mother and other female adults to determine why you make choices that usually turn out bad. Is it the women or you?

Note: I went through three marriages {to three good women} as well as many other relationships. My need for that was grounded in my lack of a father-son relationship where my father was never there, never showed love or even attention. I was looking to fill the void by going through many relationships trying to compensate what i lacked from childhood. Also besides my father being a royal SOB he was also a 'womanizer' {truck driver who because of his short height had to prove himself}. I was following in his footsteps, utilizing 'learned' patterns learned as a child {but not in relationship with my son to whom I bestowed the fence business I started 42 years ago}. We all unconsciously possess learned patterns of behavior most which come from childhood. In conclusion I was unconsciously pursuing my father's pattern of behavior.
{This is where I differ from Jung. He saw later life experiences more important than childhood experiences in development of neurosis. Not that I can question his concepts, I come o my conclusions from personal experience, from early life as well as in working with dreams at my Dream Forum}.

This statement from your response puzzles me; "as long as I wasn't repulsed by someone, I could sleep with them". Repulsion is a strong statement and usually has a deep seeded reason for it. There seems to be a superficial response in your relationships, ie something about their scent off-puts me and, I can't get excited for my encounter with the person; they don't stimulate me emotionally/intellectually. Yet you engage in a relationship {I assume primarily sexual}. Were/are you in some way compensating in these actions?

Note: In my many relationships my primary desire was to please/satisfy my partner, the woman. That was likely a response to my father never being a provider when my mother needed it. I was compensating what I lacked from childhood, seeing how my father treated my mother and unconsciously needed to fulfill what he couldn't/wouldn't do.

Then there is this which demonstrates you know your actions were conscious. "It was very selfish and not right-action. However, it felt like something I needed/couldn't do without." Felt like something you needed/couldn't do without. Do you know the answer to why this is {needed/couldn't do without}? In my structured theory on psyche development we all act/react to life because of unconscious motivating energies. Beyond the archetypal energies we are born with what is learned in early life determines our primary personality, attitudes and mindset in later life. What I know about you personally is very limited {some misinterpreted} so I can only presume to know answers to why you have had a life very similar to mine but probably due to a different parent relationship {my knowledge about that being too limited to provide a true assessment}. It may not be entirely related to your mother relationship but doubtlessly some of it being so.

As stated we had shared likes, we both 'just liked sex'. But we engaged in relationships for other reasons {you haven't done that in a while} thus begging the question what are they? The underlying motivations is what I look for in any action. Some say it 'just is that way' but I know better {personal belief}. I have seen too many 'coincidences' of actions related to underlying childhood experiences {including my own} that fit with later life actions. And most explain the actions especially when you live by a belief system where the unconscious is more active in everyday life than realized. In using Jungian psyche I discovered my primary underlying motivations {which I have discussed} and was able to make corrections.

Dreams are a tool for self discovery. The question for you is what are your motivations? Look to childhood for answers and compare those experiences with your attitudes as an adult. We have discussed some of the possibilities but with so little knowledge of personal info I am limited in offering more than I have.

I'll look at your last dream and provide a response.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Gerald,

I thought I would mention that last night I had another dream where there was an injection present. It was by an old, disgusting couple who had told me that they were going to make me a part of their relationship. I remember saying to them in the dream "I do not want any part of this" and they tell me that it isn't up to me, and that they have just the thing.

"Just the thing" happened to be another needle with some liquid in it. However, as they're inside of a fast food restaurant (in my dream I thought it was a McDonalds but could've been anything), they set one of the needles down on a table and go to order. They seem to be mincing over what it is they'd like to order. It is an old fat man and a old fat woman. I casually walk in, stop by the table they set the needle on, and take it.

As casually as I walk in, I then walk right back out, needle in tow. I think "I should examine this and figure out how they intended to control me with it." From there I go to a community center and interact with a number of young people. The needle is no longer present in the dream, and the couple doesn't make a re-appearance.

I'm not asking for an interpretation of this dream, because I think I know what it means. However, I'm still interested in what you would have to say about my initial 3rd dream. Just thought you'd find it interesting.

Respectfully,

Iam_bot

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 & M & MD

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Iam bot,
Here is my interpretation of the images and actions from your dream. Much of it is self explanatory {in line with what we have discussed}. I'll go back and look at past dreams you have posted and provide more insights as related to this dream. From this dream I do see emotional energies {we have discussed} as having control over your emotional life.
I'll provide more after examining them together.

Interpretation of images and actions
It was by an old, disgusting couple who had told me that they were going to make me a part of their relationship. I remember saying to them in the dream "I do not want any part of this" and they tell me that it isn't up to me, and that they have just the thing.
-Old disgusting couple-past emotional energie causing you to be someone you're not in association with relationships
-I do not want to be a part of this-denial/repressed emotions
-it isn’t up to you-uncontrolled unconscious energies
-they have just the thing-

"Just the thing" happened to be another needle with some liquid in it. However, as they're inside of a fast food restaurant (in my dream I thought it was a McDonalds but could've been anything), they set one of the needles down on a table and go to order. They seem to be mincing over what it is they'd like to order. It is an old fat man and a old fat woman. I casually walk in, stop by the table they set the needle on, and take it.
-another needle with some liquid in it-sexual engagement/painful emotional energies that need confronting
-inside fast food restaurant/McDonalds-introspection/catering to your emotions related to emotional nourishment/unhealthy actions related to emotional nourishment
-set one needle down on table and go to order- accommodating to emotional energies
-mincing over what it is they’d like to order-powerful feminine emotional energies
-old fat man and old fat lady-over indulgence /assertive to energies, passive to actions
-I casually walk in, stop by the table they set the needle on, and take it- spontaneously abiding by unconscious emotional energies

As casually as I walk in, I then walk right back out, needle in tow. I think "I should examine this and figure out how they intended to control me with it." From there I go to a community center and interact with a number of young people. The needle is no longer present in the dream, and the couple doesn't make a re-appearance.
-As casually as I walk in, I then walk right back out, needle in tow-inward emotional energies, outward direction in life abiding by inner energies
-I think "I should examine this and figure out how they intended to control me with it."-trapped by deliberate actions/controlled by emotional energies
-From there I go to a community center and interact with a number of young people-life evolving around relationships complying with early life learning

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present