Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Being promoted to judge against my will

Thank you, Jerry, for the insightful interpretation, and your theory of dreams. I do have a tendency of taking a neutral stance and have for many years; I have been always brought up not to question my parents, and would largely comply. But every once in a blue moon I'd have short outbursts of verbal opposition towards others, and have been put in a situation where I voiced it a lot in a short period of time (by my standards) half a year ago.

I feel as though I have a lot of information not only on the dream, but also about dreams in general. However, I do want to be more aware and take better care of my psychology; are there any readings you recommend for beginners? I am also interested in working as an adult to better prepare myself where my childhood has been lackluster on that...would CBT be the right approach?

Thanks again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 F TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} May 25, 2020 - 10:49AM

Anon0525,
I apologize for not responding sooner. So many things on my plate too little time to get em done. I am care taker of my colony of cats which in itself is a full time job. Although I am retired I have had to work an extra day a week {usually just Saturdays} for the family fence company. have as much or more to do than I did when i wasn't retired.

What you state about your family as well as the more recent period of outbursts come through in the dream. Dreams reflect what needs resolution in your emotional life, the recent outbursts being a compensation for unresolved emotional energies. Family environment in the early years primarily form the central psych{ology} of who we become and when there are issues from those years that left you not being your true self {dreams attempt to bring about balance}. Your short outbursts could very well be a response to a need to compensate what you could not do when you were younger. Authoritarian type environment when younger is ingrained in the psyche with a need for resolution and the outbursts may be a part of that need. Something is out of balance and dreams attempt to help in that resolution. This is why I gave my interpretation for the dream statement, "It starts with me having received the news that I am being transferred to a new facility". In short this represents my interpretation, 'recent emotional experience{s} where you were in an undesirable position and and your reaction was being guided by established internal energies/may point to mother relationship that possessed strong emotional experiences/pressures related to mother'. The new facility would be, in one aspect related to emotional energies, a transference of early life energies that need resolution to later life attitudes and actions. These are unconscious responses which you are likely not aware of and for what the dream is attempting to convey {a primary function of dreams}.

And there is this part of the dream statement with my analysis.
Suddenly, I find myself in my female boss's car, in the passenger seat while she drives, on our way to work. My boss congratulates me on my robe ceremony, and apologizes for "not being able to make to it". A sense of confusion overcomes me, for I do not even recall said ceremony, or anything about a robe, and now I find myself wondering what on earth I'm supposed to be doing.
Analysis
-being assertive despite your normal passive tendencies due to not being provided {early life} with proper preparation for conflicts in life

The female boss would be both your mother {not necessarily a traumatic emotional event{s} but one that your psyche took notice of} as well as a controlling inner dominate energy. These early life experiences are why you have issues with speaking your true mind, a personality trait that has positive as well as negative contexts. Dreams are attempting to help resolve the negatives.

I think overall the dream title {as often the case} sums up what energies are in play.
Dream Title: Being promoted to judge against my will
Analysis
Increasing or a need to increase your self confidence to overcome insecurities

You get past the barriers formed in early life with your outbursts. Recent experiences compensating for early life experiences {negative aspects}.

Pay attention to future dreams. It is a usual response For dreams to build on past dreams when you take time to understand their meaning. Usually the dream language is with entirely different scenarios. May seem unrelated but when analyzed and interpreted you see the relationship.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Gerald M Gifford
Anon0525,
I apologize for not responding sooner. So many things on my plate too little time to get em done. I am care taker of my colony of cats which in itself is a full time job. Although I am retired I have had to work an extra day a week {usually just Saturdays} for the family fence company. have as much or more to do than I did when i wasn\'t retired.

What you state about your family as well as the more recent period of outbursts come through in the dream. Dreams reflect what needs resolution in your emotional life, the recent outbursts being a compensation for unresolved emotional energies. Family environment in the early years primarily form the central psych{ology} of who we become and when there are issues from those years that left you not being your true self {dreams attempt to bring about balance}. Your short outbursts could very well be a response to a need to compensate what you could not do when you were younger. Authoritarian type environment when younger is ingrained in the psyche with a need for resolution and the outbursts may be a part of that need. Something is out of balance and dreams attempt to help in that resolution. This is why I gave my interpretation for the dream statement, \"It starts with me having received the news that I am being transferred to a new facility\". In short this represents my interpretation, \'recent emotional experience{s} where you were in an undesirable position and and your reaction was being guided by established internal energies/may point to mother relationship that possessed strong emotional experiences/pressures related to mother\'. The new facility would be, in one aspect related to emotional energies, a transference of early life energies that need resolution to later life attitudes and actions. These are unconscious responses which you are likely not aware of and for what the dream is attempting to convey {a primary function of dreams}.

And there is this part of the dream statement with my analysis.
Suddenly, I find myself in my female boss\'s car, in the passenger seat while she drives, on our way to work. My boss congratulates me on my robe ceremony, and apologizes for \"not being able to make to it\". A sense of confusion overcomes me, for I do not even recall said ceremony, or anything about a robe, and now I find myself wondering what on earth I\'m supposed to be doing.
Analysis
-being assertive despite your normal passive tendencies due to not being provided {early life} with proper preparation for conflicts in life

The female boss would be both your mother {not necessarily a traumatic emotional event{s} but one that your psyche took notice of} as well as a controlling inner dominate energy. These early life experiences are why you have issues with speaking your true mind, a personality trait that has positive as well as negative contexts. Dreams are attempting to help resolve the negatives.

I think overall the dream title {as often the case} sums up what energies are in play.
Dream Title: Being promoted to judge against my will
Analysis
Increasing or a need to increase your self confidence to overcome insecurities

You get past the barriers formed in early life with your outbursts. Recent experiences compensating for early life experiences {negative aspects}.

Pay attention to future dreams. It is a usual response For dreams to build on past dreams when you take time to understand their meaning. Usually the dream language is with entirely different scenarios. May seem unrelated but when analyzed and interpreted you see the relationship.

Jerry
No worries on the "late response" (not at all that late, in my opinion). These modern days in society do not make it easier on making time, but I just wanted to drop a line out and make sure you know I am aware you replied. I'll be reading it out this up coming weekend and take it from there. Just you spending out time, expertise, and advice on these forums to a stranger like me is awesome as it is. Thank you for being a mentor.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 F TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} May 25, 2020 - 10:49AM

Anon0525,
Look forward to your response. Every dream is a learning experience with each dream a way of verifying what we/I believe is a viable, comprehensive and reliable approach to analyzing and understanding dreams. When I use 'we' it is because there are many like myself who use general Jungian concepts in analyzing dreams and find good results {actually very good results}. Why is this? We have an understanding dreams are:

1. about the dreamer's emotions/emotional energies
2. have a language of symbol and metaphor but with literal applications as well
3. have many levels of interpretations. My approach is every dream addresses early life foundations that solidifies attitudes and personality, as well as addressing current emotional experiences. Who we become in adult life is predicated in a great way by our early life learning, indoctrination by constant experiences that possess strong or important emotional energies.
4. and have the intent to help the dreamer resolve negative emotional issues. Just as nature gave us an immune system to heal and protect, it gave us the dream to serve the same purpose for the psych{ology}

when interpreting a dream and the messages it is attempting to communicate is not as difficult as many believe {still a great many psychologists who believe we are still trying to discover what dreams are, but few are Jungian}. If you google dream interpretation most are now Jungian based and not Freudian {Jung was a student, protege and 'heir' before break from Freud and their differing concepts of the unconscious}

An aspect in my analyzing dreams at the Dream Forum that needs mention is I only know the dreamer's age, gender and sometimes location {cultural applications in dreams can be important, to a degree}. With these I can determine, from the dream dialog and language, structure and actions, an outline of the emotional energies the dream is focusing on and trying to communicate. When I am provided with actual personal experiences there can be a correlation of the dream images/actions/symbols to actual waking life experiences. Both from childhood as well as more recent and current experiences. What is out of balance or in conflict emotionally in the dreamer's life is the plot and subject in all dreams.

It doesn't take an Einstein to properly interpret dreams. But with some Jungian educations most anyone can.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present