Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream

Hi there,

I've began studying out of interest Carl Jung and trying to begin to understand his ideas of the unconscious. In beginning to read Memoirs, Dreams and Reflections he talks about how a psychoanalyst must understand themself before helping others. I have no intention of becoming one, but I am curious as it seems one way to begin understanding the unconscious is to understand one's own dreams. I had a dream a number of years ago which I remember intently, it was a dream that shook me but I never understood it.

In the dream I was in a field, but observing rather than being the subject of the dream. There were two others, a character from a show Supernatural (Sam) and a young girl. The young girl was walking then stopped, and Sam asked what she saw. Without saying I saw what she saw, a young boy running through the field then out of sight. The girl then looked elsewhere, and with certain dread on Sam's face he asked her what else she saw, as if he knew that it was something awful. I then saw what she saw, a tree that had was completely black, burnt out as well as the area around it. Hanging off the tree was a a burnt corpse with a noose around it's neck. I woke before I could get see more clearly who or what it was.

I'm curious as to what it may have meant.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Male Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Re: Dream

James,
I have analyzed your dream but want to go over it before posting. Are you or have you experienced depression? And if so is that a reason you have taken an interest in Jungian psyche? If you read this post before this afternoon answers to these questions will be helpful. You may want to read my page Concepts For Analyzing Dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Gerald,

At the time I was undiagnosed but later in life was diagnosed with PDD. It is a partial reason as to why I've developed an interest. Though I question the validity of MBTI tests, I was typed as an INFJ a few years ago and began researching out of interest into it, particularly the function of introverted intuition which led me to discover Jung's ideas of the unconscious as I know I'm able to analyze information without being aware, and continuously have hunches or gut feelings that lead me to a correct assumption of a situation without knowing how I got there. I'm highly interested in self development and understanding how to reconcile the conscious with the unconscious, which seems like an enormous task.

Will have a look into it, thank you.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

James,
Sorry for the late reply. Have been dealing with dental issues all day.

I was getting messages focusing on depression or some type of psyche issues. Your PDD may be what those vibes were about. Here is my interpretation of the images and actions from your dream. I will provide a complete and final analysis tomorrow. I may modify my analysis but what I saw seems to be in line with what you have stated. If you wish to comment on what I post today feel free to o so. Any addition info will be helpful.

-I was in a field-in contact with innermost self
-was observing rather than being the subject-seeing your true self

-there were two others-conflicting emotions
-a character from a show/Sam-focusing on detached/isolated masculine aspect
-and a young girl-developing emotional aspects

-The young girl was walking then stopped-failure in development of emotional understanding/declining personal growth
- Sam asked what she saw-masculine self seeking emotional understanding

-Without saying I saw what she saw-not communicating unconscious aspects to consciousness
-a young boy running through the field then out of sight-repressed emotional aspects from boyhood

-The girl then looked elsewhere-not in touch with emotions/seeking solutions
-with certain dread on Sam's face he asked her what else she saw-masculine ego seeking
-as if he knew that it was something awful-conscious repressing negative experiences

-I then saw what she saw-coming to terms with emotional energies
-a tree that was completely black-negative personal growth
-burnt out as well as the area around it-intense emotional energies affecting people around you

-Hanging off the tree was a a burnt corpse-repressed emotional energies that need conscious expression
-with a noose-repressed negative emotions and possibly including anger

-I woke before I could get see more clearly-unable to recognize unconscious energies

Jerry

James,
I working on a reply to your response. I'm curious about your PDD {neurological} disorder in how it fits with my analysis since a normal interpretation doesn't usually encounter your condition. After some research to become familiar with the disorder I am now aware that it is a neurodevelopmental disorder {which is mental condition that affects the body's 'wiring system'}. Neurology and psychology go hand in hand and anything 'mental' has psychological implications. Not surprising for me because dreams are about emotional energies and they can offer information about the total/whole self as well including the physical which contains the nervous system {a burning house could represent a high fever as an example}. Neurology is a field very closely related to psychology so it would not be unusual for your dreams to address your PPD since the psyche is about the whole self beyond just the emotional energies that affect, influence or control the conscious life. I will go back over my analysis and see how it all fits into the equation of the dream message. At first glance I can see by just changing a few words with related terms will fit with your PDD. It is the final message that is important and hopefully I will be able to provide that upon further analysis.

Jerry

Gerald,

Thank you very much so far for your efforts. Already it's given me a lot to think about and reflect to situation at the time. I've had a lot of disturbing dreams, as well as generally complex ones that have been hard to interpret (I've somewhat kept a journal over the years) but this was the one that disturbed me the most, and didn't have an idea on how to interpret it.

"I'm curious about your PDD {neurological} disorder in how it fits with my analysis since a normal interpretation doesn't usually encounter your condition." Would you care to elaborate on this point? It's quite an interesting point.

Thank you again and looking forward to reading the final analysis!

Thank you

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

James,
I'm responding to your last post with a final analysis on this threat so I can readily consult my interpretation of the images and actions from your dream post.. I'm curious about your PDD {neurological} disorder in how it fits with my analysis since a normal interpretation doesn't usually encounter your condition. After some research to become familiar with the disorder becoming aware it is a neurodevelopmental disorder which is mental condition that affects the body's 'wiring system'. Not surprising for me because dreams are psychological/emotional energies and they can offer information about physical aspects as well {a burning house could represent a high fever as an example}. Neurology is a field very closely related to psychology so it would not be unusual for your dreams to address your PPD since the psyche is about the whole self beyond just the emotional energies that affect, influence or control the conscious life.

Summary of Dream With Added Info About PDD
I think the dream is, on one level, addressing a natural exploration of your life because of your PDD. I do not know the level of PDD you have {Pervasive developmental disorder so I am a bit blind to the possibilities as it relates to the dream.

Here are my added comments {in red} with the knowledge of your PDD. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can ascertain more about the dream from your response.

On another level it may also be addressing your study of Jungian psychology and the unconscious. Many of the image s and actions fit with this conclusion {on my part}. Your PDD may cause a natural observation of yourself beyond what a person not having the disorder but because dreams address current emotional energies I can see the associations. Both aspects would be what the last part of the dream is focused on. Not having real clarity to your emotional and psyche {whole} self.

-I was in a field-in contact with innermost self
You have stated you have taken an interest in Jungian psychology and his ideas on the unconscious. This could be addressing that. But it could also be focusing on your PDD. There is evidence that people with conditions similar to PDD have an introspective personality. It may also b saying something about an introvert personality
-was observing rather than being the subject-seeing your true self
observing often refers to unconscious observation of yourself. The study of the unconscious is observing yourself objectively and not emotionally {of the conscious ego self}. You are the object of the observation and not the subject under control of the conscious self. Again the PDD may be relative.

-there were two others-conflicting emotions
The conflicting emotions is a symbolic interpretation {two represents opposites}. It may be addressing two other aspects of yourself.
-a character from a show/Sam-focusing on detached/isolated masculine aspect
Sam may have personal associations which only you would know of. The ‘masculine’ character of a show would represent you showcasing your true self. Being one of two it may be a comment on the ego appearance vs the unconscious self
-and a young girl-developing emotional aspects
Being young would represent being in early development. Being a girl is focusing on emotional aspects, the sensitive aspects. It may also represent an early development of understanding of yourself {Jungian psychology}

-The young girl was walking then stopped-failure in development of emotional understanding/declining personal growth
Something is in the way of the early development. You may be able to determine what by examining your life prior to the dream
- Sam asked what she saw-masculine self seeking emotional understanding
With all instances people in a dream the figure of Sam would represent you {as well as what you associate with in the real person Sam}. You are seeking emotional understanding of yourself. What are you seeing or will see by studying the unconscious {the she represents the unconscious self}?
Note: Because I do not have much personal info about you I am limited to providing an outline of the emotional energies and not personal associations

-Without saying I saw what she saw-no communicating unconscious aspects to consciousness
a blockage or not understanding what you are learning. This may be related to PDD or/and some other reason
-a young boy running through the field then out of sight-repressed emotional aspects from boyhood
fields refer to nature, your human nature. The boy is you. Instead of repressed the proper word may be depressed aspects due to PDD.

-The girl then looked elsewhere-not in touch with emotions
I revise this to looking elsewhere other than the conscious self. The study of Jung and the unconscious is the ‘elsewhere’, the study of the unconscious, yourself
-with certain dread on Sam's face he asked her what else she saw-masculine ego seeking truth
What else besides what you know/understand is there that you do not know/understand? Something about yourself related to the ego persona {face}. Consciously you may not know/understand but the unconscious does know
-as if he knew that it was something awful-conscious repressing negative experiences
as if implies you do know {consciously aware}. The something awful would indicate negative aspects

-I then saw what she saw-coming to terms with emotional energies
Delving into the unconscious you see your true self. I equate the feminine aspects with the unconscious, the feminine representing the controlling emotions within the unconscious
-a tree that was completely black-negative personal growth
the tree is you. Black can represent negative aspects as well as the unconscious mind
-burnt out as well as the area around it-intense emotional energies affecting people {and your whole self} around you
the full extent of your being area} is experiencing intense emotions/emotional energies. This is a norm when investigating the unconscious

-Hanging off the tree was a a burnt corpse-repressed emotional energies that need conscious expression
choking off personal growth that needs expression via conscious understanding. A burnt corpse represents a part of you that is dead associated with intense emotional aspects.
-with a noose-repressed negative emotions and possibly including anger
feeling restricted and restrained from being able to express yourself. Any anger would likely represent with yourself {possibly related to PDD}.

-I woke before I could get see more clearly-unable to recognize unconscious energies
even this is not a part of the dream I always see comments upon waking as relative to the dream. It is still an unconscious expression. Not seeing clearly {emotional energies} is one reason why you are having this dream

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present